Call of Duty: Black Ops Thread

sheryl_baver

Played a few hours and I was really enjoying it..The only downfall for me is the frequent lagging..I kept showing as unknown soldier..

Plus the randomly freezing at the menus..Has this been happening to anyone else?

Matthew1990

Played a few hours and I was really enjoying it..The only downfall for me is the frequent lagging..I kept showing as unknown soldier..

Plus the randomly freezing at the menus..Has this been happening to anyone else?

Check steam forums

People with 6870 and GTX 580 have lags. It is memory leak. Low CPU and GPU usage against high RAM usage. Trayarch are working on fix. At least that's what one guy from the company said on his twitter.

Aastii

VIP Member
Why have you not got it Aastii i'v got so there na,na,na hahaha
Can i play on your server mate.

lol I don't really want it unless it gets fixed later down the line, happy sticking with CoD4, you know, the best one. Why downgrade :p ?

And of course you can, but can't give you the ip just yet. Webby is down, and unlike the other 3 servers, I don't know the ip off the top of my head. Will pm you or send it you over xfire either when rampant gets on (he is only one with remote atm so has it saved) or when webby is back up

Fatback

VIP Member
I rented it on 360 today. Played for about 4 hours already, and I'm level 19 almost 20. I love the new ballistic knife, but the tomahawk sucks. The grenade throwing is terrible, can't even throw over a house. The severs have been laggy, but thats to be expected. So far it's pretty good, nothing much to complain about really. Also loving the RC car, and the new emblem Creator.

russb

You have got to get it just so i can shoot you,no really it's a little bit better than MW2.:)

Shane

Super Moderator
Staff member
Well got it in the post this morning,gave Multiplayer a go....i cant play it until they patch/fix it up.

Its gameplay is Jerky/slow responding..,But its expected of course. :),Not sure what FPS i was getting as for some reason Fraps was not showing.

I hope they release some fixes soon!

russb

Well got it in the post this morning,gave Multiplayer a go....i cant play it until they patch/fix it up.

Its gameplay is Jerky/slow responding..,But its expected of course. :),Not sure what FPS i was getting as for some reason Fraps was not showing.

I hope they release some fixes soon!

Nev i'f you ask Aastii nicely he might let you play on his clan server when it's up.

Shane

Super Moderator
Staff member
Nah im not intrested in a Clan,I never have been.

Theres plenty of servers anyway :)

Aastii

VIP Member
Nev i'f you ask Aastii nicely he might let you play on his clan server when it's up.

Nah im not intrested in a Clan,I never have been.

Theres plenty of servers anyway :)

the server is up, and it is public so drop in if you want, you don't have to be a member. Like I said to russ though, I don't know the ip/port off the top of my head, nor do I have the game itself so won't be playing with you :p

russb

the server is up, and it is public so drop in if you want, you don't have to be a member. Like I said to russ though, I don't know the ip/port off the top of my head, nor do I have the game itself so won't be playing with you :p

Aastii Nev scared that i might shoot him too often haha.

Droogie

played for hours last night.. here are my thoughts:

the game is awesome, by far treyarchs strongest effort. from what i can tell most aspects of the game are well balanced (something lacking from past titles). does it look as well polished as MW2 did? no.. does that in any way affect the experience? nope. they bascially took what was broken in MW2 (a lot) and removed or fixed it, and made the things that were working even better. the multiplayer is so freakein deep.. i can see myself playing this game right up until the next CoD release.

i'll go as far to say that this is the best call of duty title ever to be released, simply because it appears, from what i can tell right now, to be very well balanced and fair.. something brand new to the series

Matthew1990

played for hours last night.. here are my thoughts:

the game is awesome, by far treyarchs strongest effort. from what i can tell most aspects of the game are well balanced (something lacking from past titles). does it look as well polished as MW2 did? no.. does that in any way affect the experience? nope. they bascially took what was broken in MW2 (a lot) and removed or fixed it, and made the things that were working even better. the multiplayer is so freakein deep.. i can see myself playing this game right up until the next CoD release.

i'll go as far to say that this is the best call of duty title ever to be released, simply because it appears, from what i can tell right now, to be very well balanced and fair.. something brand new to the series

I bet this is not pc version you talking about......

Droogie

I bet this is not pc version you talking about......

nope, i have this one for 360.. i have all the previous titles for PC (used to have them for 360)

if there are issues with the PC version i wouldn't worry too much.. i think treyarch will be diligent about patching and what not.

Matthew1990

Update from me:

How can you max out this game ? I mean come one, on 8x aa the game is unplayable....I am well exceeding requirements. This game is well and truly screwed up. One more thing:

Are we back in 1990? Can you get that emblem more pixelated???

If this game doesnt get fixed by next week I can see Treyarch's office in fire. Total BS.....

I5 750
GTS 250
4GB RAM

and 38fps on 1680/1050 and 8xx??? With low AF and high textures? Just release your games on consoles. No point in selling it for pc, in the state it is now....

Shane

Super Moderator
Staff member
I really dont know what to make out of this game so far...Its better than MOH though without a doubt.

The problems atm is was too many campers,bunny hopping (again),In BC2 these guys would get raped.

They really need to fix the Lag/jerky gameplay problem...im getting like 80+ fps all maxed out in this game but its just so stuttery.

@Matthew...you still running that I5 stock?

mtb211

,In BC2 these guys would get raped.

BC2 will always have a better multiplayer... More teamwork. I purchased black ops but havent played the multiplayer yet, I hope its better then the crap in MW2

Matthew1990

I really dont know what to make out of this game so far...Its better than MOH though without a doubt.

The problems atm is was too many campers,bunny hopping (again),In BC2 these guys would get raped.

They really need to fix the Lag/jerky gameplay problem...im getting like 80+ fps all maxed out in this game but its just so stuttery.

@Matthew...you still running that I5 stock?

Yeee

I don't think I need to OC it to run DX9 game. I believe they are using old COD engine. I am getting less fps in BO than I do in Crysis.....or F1 2010. Or any other "next gen" game.....