Can't get sound woking?

I couldn't either, I am gonna Copy & Paste holdenssx's solution into Word and save that for myself. Gigabyte better be doing something about it.

holdenssx

once you go to add new hardware, click next, wait for it to look for new hardware, click yes i already connected it, click next, scroll all the way down, go to add new hardware device, click next, click the option to install it manually, click next, click next again and choose the have disk button, then from there direct it to the folder where the edited machine.inf file is

Kornowski

VIP Member
I've just PM'ed him.

I heard that you have to downlaod Microsoft UAA (Universal Audio Architecture) Bus driver before you can get the Audio to work, So I'm checking that out now...

holdenssx

from what I found just googling it seems that its not motherboard or soundcard specific, its more just a sp2 problem

and try what I said, it shoud work, and after you click have disk and direct it to the machine (that you edited) you need to click ok then scroll down and choose plug and play software device enumerator

Last edited:

Kornowski

VIP Member
from what I found just googling it seems that its not motherboard or soundcard specific, its more just a sp2 problem

What do you do to fix it? The instructions that you gave weren't all that clear, sorry. Would you be able to do it step by step please?

holdenssx

sorry about that

1. Go to your WINDOWS folder
2. Go into the inf folder (if you dont see an inf folder: go to tools, then select folder options, from there open the view tab and make sure the the show hidden files and folder option is selected, click ok)
3. in the inf folder you should see a file called machine (not machine.pnf)
4. open the file and find the line that says "ExcludeFromSelect=*" then erase that line
5.click file, save as, and save it in my documents.
6. in the control panel, go to add new hardware, click next, (the wizard will search for new hardware),
7. when you have the option, choose "yes, i have already connected the hardware, click next
8. scroll all the way down and choose "add a new hardware device", click next
9. choose "install the hardware that i manually self from a list", click next
10. scroll down and select system devices, click next
11. now select "have disk", click browse and go to my documents and click on the machine file, and click open. and click ok
12. in the "model" column scroll down and select "Plug and Play software device enumerator"
13. click next, and finish the wizard

hope this helps

holdenssx

if you go into device manager, and expand system devices do you see plug and play software device enumerator?

Kornowski

VIP Member
Yeah, I can see two of them.

I found this also:

untitledzy5.jpg

When I try and click update driver it asks me to put the CD in.

Kornowski

VIP Member
Yeah, I did that, the windows that opened was called servicies, I'm trying some more drivers now, I'll let you know how they go.

PC eye

banned
The best way to find information on bios settings is to review the user manual that comes along with the board itself or go to the support site, The link may or may not download and open the manual so the following screen shots will show where to look there in the Integrated Peripherals section. http://america.giga-byte.com/FileList/Manual/motherboard_manual_ga-965p-s3_e.pdf

The download page for drivers and the user manual are found at http://www.gigabyte.com.tw/Products...view.aspx?ProductID=2321&ModelName=GA-965P-S3

Once you are in that part of the bios setup program look to see if the Azalia Codec settings is on "auto". It should be that way by default. Notice the shaded item in the screen here.

The following screen is taken from the pdf file once page #34 was enlarged.

Hopefully your audio chip is good and you simply installed the wrong set of drivers. SP2 doesn't always block driver installations or updates. But if the chip is not defective the Windows firewall may be hampering you there. Try going into the Control Panel>Security and disabling that temporarily. You can also try exiting any other antivirus or firewall programs you have on the system to see if one of those is hampering the sound.

Kornowski

VIP Member
I've seen tha Azila thing before and I've noticed that it is set to Auto, so that's Ok.
I'll try turning off an anti-virus when I install the drivers, thanks.