Can't get sound woking?

PC eye

banned
It sounds like you saw a bad install of drivers and other things on the first attempt. Something may have been missing or gone on incomplete with Windows itself. But at least you know it was software not hardware there.

Cromewell

Administrator
Staff member
Well it only took 9 pages to get it working, we are just that good :p

At least you got it going, it sucks having to return a board only to get a new one back and possibly have the same problem.

Kornowski

VIP Member
It sounds like you saw a bad install of drivers and other things on the first attempt. Something may have been missing or gone on incomplete with Windows itself. But at least you know it was software not hardware there.

I think I may of just put them on in the wrong order or something :p

Well it only took 9 pages to get it working, we are just that good

At least you got it going, it sucks having to return a board only to get a new one back and possibly have the same problem.

lol! :D :p
CF ARE amazing!

I know, I wouldn't of been annoying to say the least! I'm also glad it stopped beeping at me too! :p

Thanks guys! :)

PC eye

banned
Well it only took 9 pages to get it working, we are just that good :p

9 pages? Was that all? I thought we could write a new section here. :confused: :eek: And the thought of returning a good board and then really get stuck with a? How could we could even think of that. :p

I think I may of just put them on in the wrong order or something :p

lol! :D :p
CF ARE amazing!

I know, I wouldn't of been annoying to say the least! I'm also glad it stopped beeping at me too! :p

Thanks guys! :)

Of course CF is amazing Where you have been all this time? :D Well at least you were able to get it going without..? You did didn't you restall Windows. :eek: Apparently you must have reversed eht the reversed desrever order to see forward... How's that go now? :p Always a software bug!

PC eye

banned
I knew it wasn't simply installing either SP1 or SP2 that caused the problem there. My first XP disk was an annoyance with having to download the SP2 and install that separately. But the last two builds still had onboard sound work without any problem until disabled for a Creative model. But the news is good there now with no need to rma anything!

Keep an eye out for a good deal on an XP disk with SP2 included if you have no plans for Vista? But that may turn out to be a topic for another thread sometime? I use the onboard seen on board mainly for emergencies if a card goes bad here. I still have to use an expansion card for other things like monitoring video captures with sound and of course running the EAX effects in games. That is where you may want to look at adding in a good card.