Changing my Graphic card (and PSU if needed)

PCunicorn

Punk, trust us we have all done this before. It WILL fit. Also get a R9-270X unless you can't afford it, get a 260X.

Darren

Staff member
You have no need to be worried about it fitting. you have plenty of space for the PSU and video card.

Aastii

VIP Member
It is a mid ATX case, unless you have your hard drive bay sticking out extremely far, which it does not look like, it will fit ok... Though as it is an OEM system I would still measure to be sure either way, no point buying it and not being able to use it properly

Punk

Staff member
I was worried about that silver component above my graphic card (sorry don't know how it's called...) and I think it will touch the RAM sticks if it is too long. I can gain a few centimeters by changing the placement of the RAM sticks but it won't go further than about 23cm I think.

The ruler is about 22cm long and the card is about 1.5cm in height...

Aastii

VIP Member
I was worried about that silver component above my graphic card (sorry don't know how it's called...) and I think it will touch the RAM sticks if it is too long. I can gain a few centimeters by changing the placement of the RAM sticks but it won't go further than about 23cm I think.

The ruler is about 22cm long and the card is about 1.5cm in height...

It is a heatsink, your graphics card will clear it fine,

Punk

Staff member
So I'm ordering:

_Carte graphique Vtx3D Vx7850 2GBD5-2DHX X-edition - Radeon Hd7850 - 2048 Mo - Pci-express

_Corsair Cx600M - 600W - 80+ Bronze

Any objections? :)

SpringWater

I would get a 7870 instead, a bit higher price, quite a big performance increase. The 7870 Ghz edition is a r9 270x except it has a different name. You can probably get one cheaper than the r9 270x so I would get one. Also if you don't mind used/refurbished stuff you can get a 7950 for $190 on ebay.

Punk

Staff member
I would get a 7870 instead, a bit higher price, quite a big performance increase. The 7870 Ghz edition is a r9 270x except it has a different name. You can probably get one cheaper than the r9 270x so I would get one. Also if you don't mind used/refurbished stuff you can get a 7950 for $190 on ebay.

Actually price is the main problem (with size...) I'm already spending a little more than I wanted to...

spirit

Staff member
So I'm ordering:

_Carte graphique Vtx3D Vx7850 2GBD5-2DHX X-edition - Radeon Hd7850 - 2048 Mo - Pci-express

_Corsair Cx600M - 600W - 80+ Bronze

Any objections? :)

It's good stuff yo, go ahead and order. :good: :D

Punk

Staff member
Just received everything :)

I'll put both the graphic and PSU next week as I'm at my parent's house. Man that card and PSU are big! I have so much doubt that it will fit correctly :D