Cheap Gaming PC. Help Please.

jonnyp11

look at the fire 580, the higher the base price the higher the markup is the general idea, meaning the same setup on both (they have the same options) will cost more on the mage because it has a higher mark-up than the fire does.

jonnyp11

ok, i was looking at the quad core section, but it looks like those 2 cost the same with the same parts, but with all the stuff we were posting and all i was still able to do the 925, a corsair 750w and a 6950 for around 880

JackMcHale

"i was still able to do the 925, a corsair 750w and a 6950 for around 880"
i put all that in and i cant get it lower than 950, keeping a quad core processor and 4gb of 1600 ram.

jonnyp11

oops, i wasn't using the msi board, but with it, the corsair 750w and the 925 and the 6950 on the fire 500 i got it at 916, would check on getting like the 955 or something as the next upgrade, but wouldn't for more than 20. and also i used the nzxt gamma gaming case i think, it's one of the cheapest and it looks nice.

JackMcHale

Yeah i did this for $888

Case
NZXT Gamma Gaming Case Black

Processor
[= Quad Core =] AMD Phenom™ II X4 925 Quad-Core CPU Processor Cooling
Certified CPU Fan and Heatsink
Memory
4 GB [2 GB X2] DDR3-1600 Memory Module - Corsair

Video Card
AMD Radeon HD 6950 - 2GB - Single Card

Motherboard
[CrossFire] MSI 890GXM-G65 -- AMD 890GX w/ 2x PCI-E 2.0 x16 Motherboard USB / SATA Interface

Power Supply
750 Watt -- Corsair CMPSU-750TXV2

Primary Hard Drive
500 GB HARD DRIVE -- 16M Cache, 7200 RPM, 3.0Gb/s - Single Drive

Optical Drive
24X Dual Format/Double Layer DVD±R/±RW + CD-R/RW Drive

Operating System
Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium + Office Starter 2010 (Includes basic versions of Word and Excel) - 64-Bit

also with their "advanced packing system" it puts the price at 907 do you know anything about this?

Last edited:

JackMcHale

well after some intensive research i have decided not to order from ibuypower.com
WAYYYY to many BADDDD reviews lol.
so yeah. time to change plans. gonna get all the parts on my list in a newegg basket and see what happens.

JackMcHale

ok what? lol you didnt explain anything lol
that 90 dollar mainboard seriously better than the 150 dollar one that i had?? can you clarify please? im trying to learn this more

Last edited: