Computer Forum Game Night

Pick your preferences

• Total voters

epidemik

I could look into setting up a cod4 server, not sure how well it will work with my ~1mb upload but i guess it could be worth a try...

Did a little poking around and found this
96kbps is allocated by the game for each player. You can get by with 48kbps per player.

Not from an official source but from what I've read its pretty accurate.
So we could try a small game.

Your geographical location is pretty good too- sorta in the middle of everthing (bit of a stretch for UK).

awildgoose

Well.... I'm sort of ummm out of the region. But I have holidays coming up so I can stay up I guess.
I picked TF2 because, well it's the only game on that list I actually have. Haven't played it in a year though, so a lot will be different.
I can get a fast server for about 2 hours as well, if that helps any.
Is it possible for more games on the list? Like I dunno, CS:S I guess, L4D maybe, but only max 8 is possible so maybe not.

linkin

VIP Member
although i won't be able to attend.. i have no internet for gaming (meant to have it by now) but i do have BC2, so i voted for it. the multiplayer is meant to be really good. i can't wait to get going with it!

Also, im in australia... means high ping i guess?

Last edited:

ellanky

Dang it! if BC2 makes it then i wont be able to attend >.<

How about BF2?
its only 10 dollars for those that dont have it :eek:

epidemik

It seems like a bunch of people dont have BC2 yet.
To the people who have BC2, would you be able to play COD4 or TF2 (seems like almost everyone has one of those) for now? We just need a pretty high turnout because if we're shooting for around 9v9 (just throwing around numbers), all of them need to be available at the same time so in reality we'd need like 25 people all able to play the same game and interested in participating.

If this turns out to be a success, I hope to expand and have them going on a regular basis. Right now, I'm just trying to test the waters, see if theres interest, see if we can overcome extreme time differences, etc.

f.i.t.h

*sigh* I live in NZ

If anyone wants to host a Asia/Pacific event I'd be up for it but... ping to US & UK is just too high to play any fps properly.

Last edited:

just a noob

I was looking forward to mopping the floor with you noobs in bc2, 50% accuracy with the neostad 2000, guess i'll just have to bust out the deadringer for tf2 :p

ganzey

banned
i would say MW2 or TF2. MW1 would be good, but im kind of banned from all MW1 punkbuster servers

epidemik

my friend tried downloading an aimbot.

So many people seem to have "friends" who try to cheat -_-

:p

Alright, about to post an update. I just want to think it out a little further.
If anyone has admin access to a TF2 or COD4 server, post or pm me. Im going to see if I can get a hold of one from a team Im good friends with.

I'd go out and Buy COD4 if we do that. I might buy BC2 aswell, then we could go into a Ventrillo or Teamspeak and have a whole team in each channel for ultimate co-operation.

g4m3rof1337

I'd go out and Buy COD4 if we do that. I might buy BC2 aswell, then we could go into a Ventrillo or Teamspeak and have a whole team in each channel for ultimate co-operation.

I'm reinstalling COD4 tonight, as well as COD5. After seeing the new MW2 maps, with Crash and Overgrown, it made me want to play COD4 again.

bomberboysk

Did a little poking around and found this

Not from an official source but from what I've read its pretty accurate.
So we could try a small game.

Your geographical location is pretty good too- sorta in the middle of everthing (bit of a stretch for UK).

Well, i could try to get one setup tonight, gonna need some people to get on and test it out though if i do.

Edit: I have a basic server working...still trying to figure out map rotations/gametypes/such.

Last edited: