Computer Tips Of The Day

ErikAlbert

No, no, you're both wrong. Just do it on a Linux OS so you don't have to worry about viruses :p
No, no, you're wrong too.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Linux_malware
Linux is just a bit safer than Windows, because Linux isn't an interesting target for malware-writers.
If Linux was used by 85% of the world, like Windows, Linux would become a second Windows attacked by every malware-writer in the world in no time.
Any OS and any software can be compromised, it's a matter of being a target or not.

Last edited:

Aastii

VIP Member
If you are using a web broswer which has tabs (just about all current ones) click a link with the middle mouse button and it will open the link in a new tab. Doesn't work with flash or java popups, like on the Scan website for instance, if you middle click the main component links on the homepage it won't work as it brings up a window within the window. Any link which would change your current web page or open a new window though, will open in a new tab with the middle mouse button :)

linkin

VIP Member
If you are using a web broswer which has tabs (just about all current ones) click a link with the middle mouse button and it will open the link in a new tab. Doesn't work with flash or java popups, like on the Scan website for instance, if you middle click the main component links on the homepage it won't work as it brings up a window within the window. Any link which would change your current web page or open a new window though, will open in a new tab with the middle mouse button :)

Yeah i love this one.

joh06937

my life would be a lot worse without this feature...

joh06937

oh and you can close a tab with that button as well.

lucasbytegenius

I think he's talking about shooting a gun at the screen while in front of his computer, and I think it's a metaphor for something that happened to him. Please, computer tips only.

lucasbytegenius

Then he is much smarter than the rest of us combined. I couldn't figure out how to disable the frikkin thing for the life of me. Went through a whole bunch of stupid menus and such to get to the first thing to disable, then had to find the rest, then the stupid thing was still running.
Maybe you should get him to join our forum, sounds like a smart dude.

1337dingo

Then he is much smarter than the rest of us combined. I couldn't figure out how to disable the frikkin thing for the life of me. Went through a whole bunch of stupid menus and such to get to the first thing to disable, then had to find the rest, then the stupid thing was still running.
Maybe you should get him to join our forum, sounds like a smart dude.

yea he did it by accedent.. little s**t when i get home from work i gotta try and put it on again