Constant hate towards AMD

Spesh

Read the first paragraph, 1 over clocker, Lol. I'll trust intel for now over that rubbish reference:eek:

I'm inclined to think that these results are fairly accurate. 10% would seem about right to me. Why would you rather believe rumoured hype over an impartial party that has actually tested one of these chips?

Spesh

I would expect twice that performance.

Why?

10% performance boost may not seem all that good to some users, but it will put it ahead of SB-E in some tasks. Combine that with reduced power consumption and potential overclocking headroom, it seems quite reasonable to me.

2048Megabytes

I hope Advanced Micro Devices does not throw in the towel with Desktop processors.

Bulldozer was so devastating to them I'm sure.

mx344

I think its all just BStbh. The power these people are talking about is pretty much miniscule. A few fps for a few hundred doesnt sound all that great to me.

SO long as it does the job. Is affordable, and wont break i dont care who makes it. For me if intel has a chip as cheap as the 955be then id be up there ass, but amd are leaders in affordable but well performing chips. For methats what counts. Im not a performance jockey so dont really care if i get that extra 4 fps at 16 million p or w.e. If i can play a game, it looks smooth and i enjoy myself. All is good.

amen. As long as it fits your needs, thats all that should matter.

Google is your friend. http://www.computerworld.com/s/article/9222298/AMD_moves_away_from_Intel_rivalry_rethinks_course

AMD has put themselves in this position with crappy products.
Crappy? lol, Don't know where your getting that.

I hope Advanced Micro Devices does not throw in the towel with Desktop processors.

Bulldozer was so devastating to them I'm sure.

I hope they don't either :eek::)

O.P.
Its just fanboyism. Just Like any other company loyalty. I've owned Intel and Amd, and I enjoy both, they both get the job done in the end. And thats all that matters to me, no need to debate about which one is better, cause they both do the same job...

Okedokey

They don't do the same job. What drugs are you on?

As shown here, the difference at 1920 x 1080 in Skyrim for example is the difference between an unplayable game (<30FPS) and a playable one. There are many examples like that. And I too have owned gear from both companies. The last resort of calling someone a fanboy is just a copout.

This is especially true when you want to run multiple high end graphics cards.

Crappy? lol, Don't know where your getting that.

Why do you think they have laid off 10% of their staff, quiting the desktop market? If BD was a success this wouldn't have happened. Simple.

Last edited:

mx344

They don't do the same job. What drugs are you on?

As shown here, the difference at 1920 x 1080 in Skyrim for example is the difference between an unplayable game (<30FPS) and a playable one. There are many examples like that. And I too have owned gear from both companies. The last resort of calling someone a fanboy is just a copout.

This is especially true when you want to run multiple high end graphics cards.
Why do you think they have laid off 10% of their staff, quiting the desktop market? If BD was a success this wouldn't have happened. Simple.

1. They do do the same job, I never said they both did it at the same speed, FPS,or how ever you want to measure them. You can look at specs all you want, to me personally, that means little to nothing because I'm not going to play games at that setting. To you it may sure. I look at it from the stand point, of what I personally am going to use it for, image editing, some gaming, and internet browsing. When it all comes down to it, you have to look at something that fits what your target goal is, your look at it is more of the enthusiast benchmark type of guy, on the other hand, i look at it as, will can it run smooth, does my program launch quickly, do my photos import fast, is my games load in a reasonable time, does photoshop/LR3 export my edited files quickly etc.
2. I was responding to the original poster, when he asked "why do people hate on AMD" Calling someone a fan boy, isn't a copout. Lol, when you say AMD makes crap, its ridiculous, because they make quality products, that work pretty damn good.
3. I would agree, with you BD, would have def. helped out AMD, but again, calling them crap is far from an accurate statement.

Okedokey

LOL ^

The game is unplayable even at high settings so telling me they do the same thing is rediculous. Of course if you want to run everything a 640 x 400 sure itll work.

jonnyp11

LOL ^

The game is unplayable even at high settings so telling me they do the same thing is rediculous. Of course if you want to run everything a 640 x 400 sure itll work.

You're the biggest fanboy on this forum. You're seriously linking to a comparison of a 230 buck 2500k v a 145 or so buck phenom x4 970 (or lesser overclocked). That's a 17% increase in performance for almost a 60% price increase, talk about value. And yes, i will say that the i3 beats it in the other bench test, of course i would never call 25 fps unplayable, especially when it's the absolut minimum frame rate ever reached, and the average dips where most likely still in the 30+ fps range.

Ankur

I have always said AMD CPUs are really a good option for the cost. Everyone knows that budget is the limiting factor which makes AMD a competitor price wise. Dang, but my next build will have an Ivy Bridge. :rolleyes:

M1kkelZR

LOL ^

i dont think thats extremely true...

i run skyrim on my laptop +/- 20-30 fps windowed 1024x720. if i play full screen i get 10-20 fps with the same resolution, and what ive gathered from you is that an Phenom2 X4 wont run ANY game because its simply AMD.

A friend of mine has a 955 combined with an old 9800GT and it runs skyrim perfectly. another friend also has a 955 but combined with a 5670 and runs it too.

im going for AMD on my build too, and regardless of your fanboy-ism and hate towards amd because their performance isnt as high as intel's, doesnt mean that EVERYONE should use intel, ive always used AMD until i got my laptop with the i3 380M, it does the trick but id still think that an AMD Mobile cpu would do it all too with the same ease.

wolfeking

banned
I personally don't have a issue with AMD. I use intel though in my lappy because it is more energy efficient than the AMD equalivant processor.

And Raz3rd, your laptop should have the original intel HD with the 380m. At least my acer with the 380m had HD1000, 2000 and 3000 are on sandybridge 2*** series processors.

M1kkelZR

I personally don't have a issue with AMD. I use intel though in my lappy because it is more energy efficient than the AMD equalivant processor.

And Raz3rd, your laptop should have the original intel HD with the 380m. At least my acer with the 380m had HD1000, 2000 and 3000 are on sandybridge 2*** series processors.

yeah i have 2000, i kept forgetting so i thought ill just stick with some number lol nevertheless the gfx card sucks

wolfeking

banned
yeah i have 2000, i kept forgetting so i thought ill just stick with some number lol nevertheless the gfx card sucks
Not with a i3-380m. Maybe I didn't make sense above. The first generation i series were all HD1000.
HD 2000 and HD 3000 are Sandybridge. HD 4000 id the LGA2011 i7 processors and HD5000 (i think) will be ivybridge.

M1kkelZR

Not with a i3-380m. Maybe I didn't make sense above. The first generation i series were all HD1000.
HD 2000 and HD 3000 are Sandybridge. HD 4000 id the LGA2011 i7 processors and HD5000 (i think) will be ivybridge.

ohh Lol, well when i check some things it says i have 2000? so maybe my laptop is just handicapped

wolfeking

banned
hmmm.... This confuses me. Maybe the computer is misidentifing it or something. It is an acer after all. Lol. (speaking from experience *aspire 5742 nvidia edition* they arent great*.

M1kkelZR

hmmm.... This confuses me. Maybe the computer is misidentifing it or something. It is an acer after all. Lol. (speaking from experience *aspire 5742 nvidia edition* they arent great*.

yeah my teacher said, you got to choose a laptop and you chose an Acer... i didnt get to choose it i got it for my birthday. so im happy i have it but just dont want it anymore lol.

ill try to see if i can find the program that shows me the name.

wolfeking

banned
CPUz or GPUz should provide that info.

And acers genuinely do suck donkey. I would never buy another one in my life, even though 2 of them I have used had no issue (besides subpar cooling solutions).
I understand how it is with gifts, especially the electronic verity. I got an HP DV7 for christmas one year, and I was like *FML*, but it works when its inbetween malfunctioning GPUs.

M1kkelZR

CPUz or GPUz should provide that info.

And acers genuinely do suck donkey. I would never buy another one in my life, even though 2 of them I have used had no issue (besides subpar cooling solutions).
I understand how it is with gifts, especially the electronic verity. I got an HP DV7 for christmas one year, and I was like *FML*, but it works when its inbetween malfunctioning GPUs.

yeah i have had some nice Acer 22" monitors, and they work perfectly but until i got the laptop i was like crap, not an acer why not just a Medion ALDI thing? lol

GPUz says:
6zv7m1.png
so i think its just the HD 1000.