Crap....

Darren

Staff member
I'd be surprised if you could fit that in a HAF 912. Just get the TX3 and be done with it. You're just going to be blowing money on something like that when it really won't matter. If you want be thorough, buy another 92mm fan to put on the TX3 and a tube or Arctic Silver 5 and you'll be set. Don't spend 50 bucks on an air cooler for a Phenom II in 2015.

The VCR King

Will the Zalman leave all my RAM slots unobstructed? The current dimensions of my cooler are
131 x 120 x 165 mm
and the Zalman is
94mm(L), 131mm(W), and 152mm(H)

Darren

Staff member
Will the Zalman leave all my RAM slots unobstructed? The current dimensions of my cooler are
131 x 120 x 165 mm
and the Zalman is
94mm(L), 131mm(W), and 152mm(H)

How are we going to know that any better than you? You've got the motherboard, cooler, and RAM. Not us. Get a ruler and figure it out.

The VCR King

How are we going to know that any better than you? You've got the motherboard, cooler, and RAM. Not us. Get a ruler and figure it out.
My current cooler is 4.5" wide and it covers my RAM slot by 1/2CM. The Zalman though is 131mm or 5.15" wide, but it said 94mm, or 3.7 inches, long, and I don't know if that means I can rotate the cooler so it'll clear my RAM slots or not. Are AM3 coolers rotatable?

Like can I do this with the bracket?
zDcwVXv.png

Last edited:

spirit

Staff member
Depends how tall your sticks are and how much clearance there is between the bottom of the fan on the cooler and the motherboard. Without having the cooler I guess it's hard to know what the clearance between the bottom of the fan and the board is. :(

The VCR King

Depends how tall your sticks are and how much clearance there is between the bottom of the fan on the cooler and the motherboard. Without having the cooler I guess it's hard to know what the clearance between the bottom of the fan and the board is. :(
My current cooler covers the slot by 1/2CM. My RAM sticks are about 2" tall

spirit

Staff member

The VCR King

Alright, I just ordered the Zalman cooler. There was a seller in California that had one for $30, and with the shipping cost it was only $40 compared to $50 from Amazon fulfillment. Now I gotta wait two weeks for the thing to travel across the country to Ohio :/ but I got a new cooler and my RAM gets here on Wednesday too! I'm so excited!

All I need to do now is get my Radeon R9 and a new PSU, then I'm all set to go!

Last edited:

The VCR King

Ram came in the mail today. I had to do a few modifications to my cooler though to make it fit. My Zalman is on its way from Amazon though so hopefully I'll be getting that soon...
Mj6cPmM.jpg

The VCR King

Christ, get some canned air on that thing..
I did before I put the PC back together. I clean my rig out like every week and the amount of dust this thing can accumulate makes me wonder why I don't have bronchitis yet... LOL