Crysis 2 Thread

Shane

Super Moderator
Staff member
Im dissapointed,The graphics dont look great at all imo,The gameplay is crap....i wont be pre-ordering anytime soon....actually ever.

Aastii

VIP Member
Im dissapointed,The graphics dont look great at all imo,The gameplay is crap....i wont be pre-ordering anytime soon....actually ever.

What did you expect, they had to cut it down for the consoles, so of course it won't be as eye-bleedingly beautiful as Crysis was, and you are talking Crytek here, their gameplay, isn't. They care more about lighting and shadows than they do about what you actually do in game

ScottALot

I like the new Crysis. I don't think they meant for it to be a new benchmark game, so they took the themes from the original game and made a great multiplayer out of it. Gameplay seems pretty solid, I like the roles armor abilities have.

memory

Anybody still having trouble logging in? What kind of account do you need to log in? I have a gamespy account but that does not work. When I go to my gamespy account, it shows a different username that what I created.

I have been trying to create a MyCrysis account with no luck. When I try to create a new account through MyCrysis.com, it says account is being created and doesn't do anything.

I tried creating a new account through the game and it says my email address is already in use.

linkin

VIP Member
I can't seem to play. My sound is working again though. I can login fine, but any game I join lumps me into the lobby, and then it just sits there.

Aastii

VIP Member
I can't seem to play. My sound is working again though. I can login fine, but any game I join lumps me into the lobby, and then it just sits there.

Yep, because it has to wait for the lobby to be full until it starts.

Did anyone else get a chuckle out of the graphics settings by the way :rolleyes: :p

linkin

VIP Member

Did anyone else get a chuckle out of the graphics settings by the way :rolleyes: :p

Yep, because Low, Medium, and High were too hard to spell.

It's because "Gamer" looks better than "Low", same how "Advanced" looks better than "Medium" and "Hardcore" looks better than "High"

That said, presets suck. I want individual sliders/levels for every form of graphics feature, like the first. AA and AF controls as well please (though the first game only had AA, AF I always forced)

Oh, and "PRESS START TO CONTINUE" - at that point I knew where the game was headed.

Stildawn

I'm hoping for the best and expecting the worst, ie, no directx11, sucky gameplay, limited ability to configure graphics (presets like gamer/advanced/hardcore)

But then I hope that it will be like god himself descended from heaven and gave us crysis 2, with the graphics being amazing, customisability being limitless, gameplay that puts every other game to shame, and fantastic controls.

I expect the former.

And my sound stopped working in game. :mad:

Yeah lets hope... Though sadly I doubt it...

What did you expect, they had to cut it down for the consoles, so of course it won't be as eye-bleedingly beautiful as Crysis was, and you are talking Crytek here, their gameplay, isn't. They care more about lighting and shadows than they do about what you actually do in game

You know I wouldnt mind if thats all the consentrated on... yes it would be awesome to have both an amazing graphical game, and a awesome gameplay game... But id take one or the other really but from what Ive played they have dropped the ball on both...

I just want something to replace the original as my "show off my computer to friends game" lol.

I picked hardcore? Though its not very clear when the options are advance, hardcore etc... Like advanced could well be better than hardcore haha... I was disappointed that it didnt actually have individual settings...

linkin

VIP Member
Yeah lets hope... Though sadly I doubt it...

You know I wouldnt mind if thats all the consentrated on... yes it would be awesome to have both an amazing graphical game, and a awesome gameplay game... But id take one or the other really but from what Ive played they have dropped the ball on both...

I just want something to replace the original as my "show off my computer to friends game" lol.

I picked hardcore? Though its not very clear when the options are advance, hardcore etc... Like advanced could well be better than hardcore haha... I was disappointed that it didnt actually have individual settings...

Exactly! Zero options for individually configuring graphics options. It's a step backwards.

JLuchinski

Well let's just hope that those presets are only for the muli-player portion of the game to keep things running smoothly. It was kind of the same thing in Crysis Wars where the graphics were dumbed so it would run good on everyone's machine iirc. Hopefully there are more tweak options in the full version.

linkin

VIP Member
I'm hoping for that also, but I'm also prepared that it might be a full representation of the final product :|

Also, You can't get into any games! It just sits there in the lobby, so I chat with other people...

ScottALot

Okay, EVERY server I'm attempting to join is telling me that it can't connect. I connected once and it logged me out of the game, a second time it connected then windows gave me an error. I was JUST playing last night perfectly.

JLuchinski

I have no problem getting on, but the game will freeze at random. Not sure if it's my card, I bought it open box so I'm going to exchange it for a brand new one.

diduknowthat

formerly liuliuboy
So I just downloaded the demo and played a few rounds. Seems way too easy, the first round I played I went 15-2. And also I took a look at the options, Aim Assist? Are you kidding me? Who in the world wants Aim Assist playing on the PC?

On the bright side, the game seemed to be optimized enough for me to put on the highest default settings...

ScottALot

Who plays with a game pad on PC....lol :D

This guy:
douche.jpg

linkin

VIP Member
I managed to find a server that worked. While the game is fun, it's just not crysis. It's a generic shooter.

But air stomping people is fun!

JLuchinski

So I went and swapped my card and the freezing has stopped but now I have a new problem, artifacts! This card is going back and I'm getting a GTX 570.