Crysis 2 Thread

ScottALot

I always thought it was funny that people complain about artifacts, but paleontologists and historians would pay good money for some! :D

diduknowthat

formerly liuliuboy
I managed to find a server that worked. While the game is fun, it's just not crysis. It's a generic shooter.

But air stomping people is fun!

Agreed. Crysis was mainly a single player game. It had a huge environment and great open game play. Crysis 2 just looks like another Halo multiplayer game.

Stildawn

Thats one thing that Im wondering...

One of the highlights of Crysis 1 was the destructable enviroments... I loved just demolishing whole villages lol right down the the pailings on the fences...

I dont see that in the Multiplayer in anyway shape or form... And well that might be intentional cause its multiplayer... I just hope that my gut feeling is wrong... I just feel that its not gonna be in the single either...

I agree... Its fun for awhile but it is just a run n gun fest... I get bored of that pretty quickly...

lion149

I finally downloaded the demo, as most have already mentioned I do not see anything inovative with this game. It is still entertaining because of the grounds that the game is built on, the cryosuit.
I hope the single player is better and has allows you to customize the graphics more too.

P.S. I played this demo with a 360 controller, i found most of the previous comments offensive.

linkin

VIP Member
I finally downloaded the demo, as most have already mentioned I do not see anything inovative with this game. It is still entertaining because of the grounds that the game is built on, the cryosuit.
I hope the single player is better and has allows you to customize the graphics more too.

P.S. I played this demo with a 360 controller, i found most of the previous comments offensive.

No offence, but why play with an inferior 360 controller when you have a keyboard and mouse? :confused:

Dystopia

This guy:
douche.jpg
Rofl Lulz
No offence, but why play with an inferior 360 controller when you have a keyboard and mouse? :confused:

This. I much prefer playing a shooter on my keyboard + mouse. Heck, I play BC2 at 20-35 frame rates! Sometimes less....when tanks and rpgs are going of left and right when building collapse...

kobaj

VIP Member
Finally got to log in!!

Took 3 different accounts, and a multitude of emails to finally get the shit running, and I was presented with this...

2011030400001r.jpg

Ryan_Fpv

Okay, I've just read through a couple of the last pages, and I'm a little confused...

Crysis 2 is less visually attractive than the 1st?
The Gameplay is worse than the 1st?
The environment (as in destructibility, etc) is worse than the 1st?
The PC game is full of "TV" and "Start button" crap?
You can only use presets to change your graphic settings?

All I wanted from Crysis 2 was Crysis 1 set a few months/years later with a longer story. Siiigghhss. Stupid console gamers ruining our PC games.

Troncoso

VIP Member
I played the online demo....Freakin fun. If I wasn't limited to one map I would have played so much longer. You'd think that since everyone has all the suit powers it would be dumb, but dang its not. woo

JareeB

i thought Brink was going to be the first to have that physics where you can run, grab and slide and all that?

ScottALot

I played the online demo....Freakin fun. If I wasn't limited to one map I would have played so much longer. You'd think that since everyone has all the suit powers it would be dumb, but dang its not. woo

... you get to play on two. Pier 17 and Skyline... I think those are the names.

linkin

VIP Member
A patch has been released for the demo. Yes you read that right.

Changelog:

The patch for the recently released Crysis 2 Demo. This fixes some issues in the initial release.

Changes include:

"Press Start to Begin" has been changed to "Press Enter to Begin" on the main menu

Ping changes in server browser - no ping for anyone now (all 0) - "Crytek is working very hard to fix this for the shipping game

Fixed crash if getting force disconnected from a dedicated server (although the force disconnect issue has been resolved anyway)

Account creation now works properly

G35 headset fix now implemented

People not able to sign in with certain characters such as "-" or numbers in their username, can now do so.

Run Crysis2Launcher.exe and the game will self update.

SuperDuperMe

will my pc play crysis 2??

Intel Core 2 Duo E6600 @ 2.66Ghz with a large heatsink
4GB 4300 OCZ RAM
400GB Western Digital Harddrive
Asus P2B Deluxe Wifi/AP Motherboard with built in WiFi
Corsair HX640W Modular PSU
BFG Nvidia 8800GTS 320MB OC2 Graphics Card

really need to know as im thinking of preordering