Crysis 2 Thread

Aastii

VIP Member
edit.gif

:)

Have you played it online yet?

Twist86

Man another good title that fell to console player standards. Such a pity as I was hoping it would be awesome. The way they make you micromanage the nanosuit and the AI just ruined it for me. 2 hours in I couldn't force myself to play anymore and I am a avid Crysis 1 fan. I just borrowed it as I refuse to by any games anymore (price vs what you get just isn't worth it anymore)

Biggest bummer is the limited map space and very little is destructible. So no more killing enemies by knocking down the building they are in which I personally loved doing.

linkin

VIP Member
Man another good title that fell to console player standards. Such a pity as I was hoping it would be awesome. The way they make you micromanage the nanosuit and the AI just ruined it for me. 2 hours in I couldn't force myself to play anymore and I am a avid Crysis 1 fan. I just borrowed it as I refuse to by any games anymore (price vs what you get just isn't worth it anymore)

Biggest bummer is the limited map space and very little is destructible. So no more killing enemies by knocking down the building they are in which I personally loved doing.

Everything about the game has taken a step backwards :mad:

Gameplay
Graphics
Cutscenes (realtime vs prerendered)
Controls
Multiplayer
Story length

Everything has just been thrown away. Crytek should stick to PC exclusives, I lived Far Cry and Crysis... Crysis 2 makes me want to puke.

Twist86

Crysis 2 and Far Cry 2 share the same feeling then :p I loved Far Cry 2 till I noticed I was playing the same 4 missions and that stupid malaria kicked up. I hear Far Cry 3 will be in Africa again too ~_~

Twist86

Didn't stop it for sucking utterly though. By 20% I wanted to smash my pecker with a hammer. If they had only put in 30-40 UNIQUE missions the game would have been so much better. Also now that there is a "no malaria" trainer it makes the game even more enjoyable lol.

Sadly though to date I have yet to hear of them adding more to the game so my copy wastes away (got it with a GPU purchase)

linkin

VIP Member
Yeah far cry 2 was basically the same mission over and over again. The game engine has a lot of potential though... too bad the game sucked :p

Twist86

I am hoping they fix this in Far Cry 3 which is suppose to be released by the end of this year. However knowing UBI and their ever falling standards I doubt it. I really hope this isn't in Africa again or Malaria. I heard they might be trying a Arctic approach which could be fun (10$ says they force you to "get warm" or you die instead of malaria)

linkin

VIP Member
I am hoping they fix this in Far Cry 3 which is suppose to be released by the end of this year. However knowing UBI and their ever falling standards I doubt it. I really hope this isn't in Africa again or Malaria. I heard they might be trying a Arctic approach which could be fun (10$ says they force you to "get warm" or you die instead of malaria)

Hopefully... It's like the FEAR games, first one was great, second one sucked really bad, and they take their bloody sweet time making the third :eek:

SuperDuperMe

i know i asked this a few days ago but can i play crysis 2 with my gpu?
i misread the minimum specs and though i would be good but its asking for a 512mb 8800 gt whereas i have the 8800gts 320mb :s

will i be ok to play it comfortably on low or am i going to stuggle

minimum specs for those who dont know are
Operating system: Windows XP, Vista or Windows 7, with the latest Service Pack
Processor: Intel Core 2 Duo at 2Ghz, or AMD Athlon 64 x2 2Ghz, or better
Memory: 2Gb (Vista requires 3Gb)
Hard disk space: 9Gb
Video: NVidia 8800GT with 512Mb RAM, ATI 3850HD with 512Mb RAM, or better
Sound: DirectX Compatible Sound Card
DirectX: 9.0c
Controller support? Microsoft Xbox360 Controller for Windows
Any special multiplayer requirements? Internet Connection Required

lifted from joystick and my specs are in my sig

ellanky

Meh, game was alright. Story wise wasnt the greatest, though I'll admit towards the end it got intense, but I still think the first one was in a sense better.
However the graphics were amazing, especially with the lighting, surprised it ran fine on hardcore settings

JLuchinski

Yeah I'm playing it on Xbox, the story is great, so far I like it better then the first one, going to buy it for pc and play it again for sure. I really like how you can combine suit powers and the stealth kills are always a plus.

CraigEvander

Why are all apocalyptic games happening in a destroyed New York.....It appears that people have something against that Statue of Liberty.
Overall i would have to give to this game 7.5/10. The low vote is because i have seen so many as this one already

Aastii

VIP Member
i know i asked this a few days ago but can i play crysis 2 with my gpu?
i misread the minimum specs and though i would be good but its asking for a 512mb 8800 gt whereas i have the 8800gts 320mb :s

will i be ok to play it comfortably on low or am i going to stuggle

minimum specs for those who dont know are
Operating system: Windows XP, Vista or Windows 7, with the latest Service Pack
Processor: Intel Core 2 Duo at 2Ghz, or AMD Athlon 64 x2 2Ghz, or better
Memory: 2Gb (Vista requires 3Gb)
Hard disk space: 9Gb
Video: NVidia 8800GT with 512Mb RAM, ATI 3850HD with 512Mb RAM, or better
Sound: DirectX Compatible Sound Card
DirectX: 9.0c
Controller support? Microsoft Xbox360 Controller for Windows
Any special multiplayer requirements? Internet Connection Required

lifted from joystick and my specs are in my sig

Yes, your system should still handle it. It runs on consoles, it will run on your system that is more powerful than an Xbox is

SuperDuperMe

good news, it runs flawlessly i am very impressed, iv got it on low of the low settings yet it still looks beautiful, plays flawlessly with an average fps of about 60-80 with fraps :D

only problem with it is i have to put my key code in everytime on MP, is this intentional or is there some way to save it??

linkin

VIP Member
good news, it runs flawlessly i am very impressed, iv got it on low of the low settings yet it still looks beautiful, plays flawlessly with an average fps of about 60-80 with fraps :D

only problem with it is i have to put my key code in everytime on MP, is this intentional or is there some way to save it??

Try entering the key without dashes.

SuperDuperMe

i went on mycrysis, theres a fix...put the keycode in, go to singleplayer, go back to multiplayer and voila done

dont know how or why it works it just does lol

oher than that not a single problem, and the single player rocks as well.