*crysis Screenshots*

Kornowski

VIP Member
Well, I got it working, I turned the Post Processing to Very High and I had the sun rays thing, but my motion blur went off, so I turned it back down to High, and the motion blur came back, but the sun thing went, lol.

I can only have both if I turn the Post Processing and Shader Quality to Very High, but it gets a bit laggy.

Anybody else have that issue?

MatrixEVO

I want the best possible framerate/performance/quality ratio I can get. I have Vista so Crysis automatically goes to DX10. What I do is force DX9, and turn it on high, and I make a system.cfg file in the Crysis directory. I put this list in the .cfg file:

r_UsePOM=1
r_sunshafts=1
e_water_ocean_fft=1
q_Renderer=3
r_colorgrading=1

That way, I get some very good looking effects and better quality, while maintaining good framerates and high resolutions.

MatrixEVO

What does that do, force the DX10 settings into the High settings on DX9, but isn't really DX10?

It's all DX9. DX9 is capable of most very high settings in Crysis, they just disable it so people think they are being forced to upgrade to Vista or a DX10 card with Vista.

ThatGuy16

VIP Member
It's all DX9. DX9 is capable of most very high settings in Crysis, they just disable it so people think they are being forced to upgrade to Vista or a DX10 card with Vista.

There are severel animations that aren't in DX9. For ex. fairly early were you destroy the big boat. There's water shooting out of the sides of the boat into the water, it looks real. I played that part in DX9, nothing was there. I noticed a few small things here and there. I think DX10 gameplay is alot better, steals more FPS, but is worth it.

Ramodkk

VIP Member
I want to play Crysis with DX10!! lol Thatguy16, hows your comp with 4gb of RAM now?? Have you noticed a big difference?

BluePlum

banned
Has anyone used a north korean as a human shield while you make a run for the next building because the one your in is getting blown to bits by a tank? or have you grabbed a north korean, ran away with him, Found the biggest cliff, and chucked him? lol. O and has anyone, Opened a fridge, turned on strengh, grabed a food can inside, And then chuck in a north koreans face? lol crysis is basicly AA killing, AA= Asain Aliens. :D And Does anyone notice a giant simeralty betwwen farcry and crysis? stuck on an island? alone? o nly contact is a radio? you have special powers, and the baddies are trying to do something bad.

MatrixEVO

There are severel animations that aren't in DX9. For ex. fairly early were you destroy the big boat. There's water shooting out of the sides of the boat into the water, it looks real. I played that part in DX9, nothing was there. I noticed a few small things here and there. I think DX10 gameplay is alot better, steals more FPS, but is worth it.

Did you have the very high settings forced while playing DX9?

BluePlum

banned
U cant play crysis without dx10......... is lame that way, U cant see the ine detail of chucking a north koren next to a red barrel, Turn on speed an running away, And i soon as he gets up, Turn around with the persision rifle and snipe the barrel...... aahhh yes that fine detail :D

ThatGuy16

VIP Member
I want to play Crysis with DX10!! lol Thatguy16, hows your comp with 4gb of RAM now?? Have you noticed a big difference?

Major difference. Mostly with games, and i was gettin alot of laggs in crysis because it was maxing out 2gb. Very smooth now with 4, if i minimize crysis with 4gb, 2.7gb is being used. :eek:

Did you have the very high settings forced while playing DX9?

no, i had them both set to the same settings to compare.. i havn't tried the very high setting hack with DX9 yet :)

Kornowski

VIP Member
I guess that 4GB will help ;)

here's some;

8f5dvrp.jpg

82060pf.jpg

8dwif0l.jpg

6t2ti52.jpg

Getting a steady 20-30 FPS @ 1280 x 1024

More soon! :D