Crysis & the high requirements

Would you buy Crysis, if it is so demanding?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Geoff

VIP Member
I'd probably buy it anyways just to play it on lowest, if my computer could even handle that, lol.

Archangel

VIP Member
hmmm... maybe, I havnt seen much of the game/previews yet. I dont know how well my pc would run it anyway, but i think i'll just wait for the reviews to happen before I would decide on buying that particulair game.

hermeslyre

VIP Member
The designers mention a 7800gtx playing it on med-high and a x1900xt playing it perfectly fine all high.. problem is i've seen omega's posts saying the 8800's would have a problem playing it. regardless i wouldnt play it on my current system.

Kornowski

VIP Member
The designers mention a 7800gtx playing it on med-high and a x1900xt playing it perfectly fine all high.. problem is i've seen omega's posts saying the 8800's would have a problem playing it. regardless i wouldnt play it on my current system.

Minimum Requirements
CPU: Athlon 64 3000+/Intel 2.8ghz
Graphics: Nvidia 6200 or ATI X1300 - Shader Model 2.0
RAM: 768MB on Windows XP or 1GB on Windows Vista
HDD: 6GB
Internet: 256k+
Optical Drive: DVD
Software: DX9.0c with Windows XP

Recommended Requirements
CPU: Dual-core CPU (Athlon X2/Pentium D)
Graphics: Nvidia 7600 or ATI X1600 Pro (SM 3.0) or DX10 equivalent
RAM: 1.5GB+
HDD: 6GB
Internet: 512k+ (128k+ upstream)
Optical Drive: DVD
Software: DX9.0c with Windows XP

You could play it! :)
It is a pretty demanding game but I think most people will be able to play it fine, on medium to high!

Anway, I'm getting it! :D

zaroba

whats wrong with it being demanding? many great games were demanding compaired to the computers that were out at the time of there release.

anybody thats not gonne buy it or think its senseless to need so much recourses needs to get with the times :p
computers are advancing, more programs and games will come out that will require the new hardware thats out. you can't expect to live in the under 1gb ram era for the rest of your life. 15 years ago 1gb of ram was unheard of, nobody thought we'd ever need it, and the biggest you could get was only a few mb of ram. it was just like it is now, we only get a few GB, 1 tb ram seems too large, people say we'll never need it, but just like with mb to gb, 15 years from now we might be getting tb ram.

anyway, will i *buy* it? no
will i obtain it from methods that cannot be discussed on this forum? yes :p

Last edited:

Geoff

VIP Member
I as well as others have seen reviews of Crysis saying that the game cripples dual 8800GTX's when on highest settings.

The reason a 7800GTX and x1900XT may run it on medium or high settings is because it reverts back to DX9 mode, instead of using DX10's graphics.

ETSA

The dx10 cards that are out are not all that impressive, it wouldn't surprise me at all that my x1900xtx could play it on high settings..

Geoff

VIP Member
The dx10 cards that are out are not all that impressive, it wouldn't surprise me at all that my x1900xtx could play it on high settings..
The 8800 series are much better then the x1900XTX.

As I said before, the reason the x1900XTX can play Crysis on high settings is because it has to revert to DX9 mode. The reason Crysis is so crippling on the 8800's is because of all the new features they included were because of DX10. In DX9 mode it's probably similar to what Far Cry looks like.

Cromewell

Administrator
Staff member
I'm going to boycott :p

Actually even if the requirements were low I wouldn't buy it, the game just doesn't interest me.

12-Gauge

I think my new computer will be able to run Crysis, What do you think?

Almost certainly.

Unfortunately I think my CPU is the weak link in my rig. Crysis is said to be designed with dual-core in mind. Oh well, i'll still be getting it.

salman

I think I am gonna get Crysis but I think my graphics card is gonna struggle, I'm thinking of upgrading my graphics card to a DX10 card but I'm gonna wait until ATi release there line of DX10 cards and see which graphics card is the best value for money.

12-Gauge

wheres the no as it would bore the living crap out of me option?

Are you serious? A first person shooter where you play as a cybernetically enhanced supersoldier who is airdropped into an international war on a remote, tropical island which also happens to be the sight of a crashed alien space ship which can extend a 100km wide dome which instantly freezes!!!!!!!! YOU FIND THAT BORING!!!! Oh yeah and it has drivable tanks too :D