E6600 on ASUS P5B Deluxe

Grey410

Wow I just got it last night and loaded XP PRO on it in 10 Min. Amazing. Booted up like a champ. I won't overclock till tomorrow or Monday. Everything but my X1900XT got here Friday DOH! So I'm using 7600GT to load stuff. Will benchmark and post OC's on Monday or Tuesday. I'm very impressed with the Zalman fan and the ASUS MB so far. 37C idle on install. Will update temp changes. Also what is a good amount of AS5 to use? :p

leetkyle

Deluxe has more features of course ;P Although I would of went with the P5W as it has so many more features, and worth it!

Also, the P5B Deluxe has Wi-Fi built in whereas the P5B doesn't (I think..)

Grey410

P5B vs P5W

I got mine at $209 with a $25 discount off that for $184. It has since gone back up to $229 with no discount. The P5W is $269 right now so I saved $84. I guess in retrospect I would have gotten the P5W if I had thought about it. But I'm happy so far. The big diff is the chipsets performance in CF mode with the 975X (P5W) getting anywhere from a 3-9% performance gain over the 965X (P5B). I'm not sure what extra features the P5W has over the P5B as I think the P5B has way too many =)

Last edited:

Grey410

My First Overclock

I haven't set the Vcore yet which I'm going to try next. Any suggestions? I'm a noob overclocker. :D

Last edited:

fade2green514

37C doesnt seem like such a good idle temp for a core 2 duo.
my X2 3800+ ran at like 33C idle and thats 90nm, not 65nm.
i guess its nothing to worry about, unless you plan on overclocking.. what are your load temps? run dual prime95 and see wut u get...

btw cpu-z never measures voltage correctly. its always off by a bit, but normally not that much. make sure its default in the bios. you dont need it to run that much hotter...
voltage = HEAT!! heat = dead proc btw... 10C will cut the life of your cpu in half :(

ceewi1

VIP Member
btw cpu-z never measures voltage correctly. its always off by a bit, but normally not that much. make sure its default in the bios.
CPU_Z (and every other windows monitoring program) will read VCore at slightly BELOW its actual value. It will never read it above. What he has now is not stock voltage.

Grey410

CPU_Z (and every other windows monitoring program) will read VCore at slightly BELOW its actual value. It will never read it above. What he has now is not stock voltage.

Correct. That was overclocked with the VCore set on AUTO. I was curious what it wanted at that FSB. It wouldn't post at 1.28 I haven't messed with it anymore. I'm waiting on my XT to show up Monday then continue messing around with it. ;)

sHoW StOpPeR

Well, you've done something to it, because the default for an E6600 is 1.325V.

will mines at
defaultvoltjy1.jpg

fade2green514

How is that even possible, shouldnt the PCI bus limit that?

maybe he meant he only sat in front of it for ten minutes before he walked away?
haha he probably meant to put windows on, rather than to actually format the drive, that would take at least 25mins or so...

Grey410

Load time

maybe he meant he only sat in front of it for ten minutes before he walked away?
haha he probably meant to put windows on, rather than to actually format the drive, that would take at least 25mins or so...

No I sat there for 10 min and was operating in windows. It was a new drive so I did do the quick format.:D

Archangel

VIP Member
yours oced right now?

nope. :( for some reason, i cant get my motherboard run stable with this processor :eek: i had the motherboards bus speed on 300MHz instead of 200 with my 3000+.. but with this processor, it keeps resetting at 220MHz ( even with the RAM on lowest speed, the HT on lowest speed and the multiplier on lowest processor speed ) so,... i really dont know what to do atm.