E6600 on ASUS P5B Deluxe

Archangel

VIP Member
oh, u selected quick format? whats the difference anyways, anyone know? lol

with quick format, you just empty a table (so you basicly remove the index), then the data on the HD isnt recognized/Usefull to the pc anymore. with a full format, you actually remove the table and the data from the disk ;)
( i might be wrong on a detail or so.. but thats told pretty simple what it does )

How is that even possible, shouldnt the PCI bus limit that?

or even the HD speed i think.. sorry, but i dont think 10 min to instal windows is possible

Last edited:

Grey410

Overclocking help

Ok I know a little but a lot. I can get it to 3.2 stable but I know the temps 55-59 idle are way to high. I know I'm missing a ton of steps. Anyone have the time/knowledge to fill me in? I'm reading up as I type but I need a rundown from top to bottom on this mobo and how to overclock. :(

m0nk3ys1ms

Ok I know a little but a lot. I can get it to 3.2 stable but I know the temps 55-59 idle are way to high. I know I'm missing a ton of steps. Anyone have the time/knowledge to fill me in? I'm reading up as I type but I need a rundown from top to bottom on this mobo and how to overclock. :(

Those temperatures are quite high for that overclock. Are you sure you have your heatsink on correctly and that you have the thermal paste applied correctly?

Grey410

Odd

Those temperatures are quite high for that overclock. Are you sure you have your heatsink on correctly and that you have the thermal paste applied correctly?

Here's the odd thing. I'm at 2.8mhz now and 51 idle but 55 load. Odd. I've heard the ASUS temp reporting is wack. Maybe so. not sure. :confused:

m0nk3ys1ms

Sweet thanks for the heads up. My temp is 41C Idle @ 2.8Mhz. But it says my Core voltages are 2.7 and 3.7 wtf? It has another option for core voltages but they're reading 0 and whats the HD0 temps? :)

HD0 should be your hard drive temperature. I still say the thermal paste isn't applied correctly.

Grey410

?

You may just not be getting accurate temperatures.

Yeah I don't think so because my HD is not even very warm. But then again the heatsink to my CPU is cooler than my HD and my HD is reading 2 Deg C warmer..... hmmm. It's a brand new Seagate as in the sig :D But what even is reading the temps on my HD?

Grey410

You might be able to try pointing one of the fans on the hard drive and see if the temperatures cool down. Download Everest, and see what you get for temperatures.

http://www.majorgeeks.com/download4181.html

Does Speed Fan measure my chipset temps? :confused: ok Everest shows same temps and same voltage? HOW in the world is my cpu voltage reading that high. There is no way. Ok my ASUS programs think it's at 1.54 Volts Core Cpu and 66C where as Speedfan and Everest are telling me system temps at 45C. Are they reading chipset temps and not CPU? CPU Z says 1.21 volts. I'm trippin out here lol

Double confusion. Everest says my cpu is 7x343 but my bios says 9x266 (I put it back stock) The bios says 67C Core Temps and Mobo 46. I think Speed Fan and Everest are monitor my mobo temps not the cpu temps. Can I change this?

Last edited:

Pr0

I dont like everest. It tells you the wrong information. Like when i check my cpu temp its says 20C but the same temp displays in my bios hardware monitor settings:rolleyes:

Last edited:

1+3+3=7

I dont like everest. It tells you the wrong information. Like when i check my cpu temp its says 20C but the same temp displays in my bios hardware monitor settings:rolleyes:

Dont Stress it pro. Your system really is at 20C when it says in the bios. ;)