E6600 on ASUS P5B Deluxe

1+3+3=7

well what he can do is turn off the pc right away when his temp is at 20C and unscrew the cpu fan and take out the cpu and touch to see if its at 20C make sure you were gloves just incase. But if you can touch it without the using gloves and if its not hot then your cpu is really at 20C. :eek:

Pr0

Thats 36F right there. Man where do you live? antarctica?

sure i do :D

anarcticaqq9.jpg

Grey410

Okey dokey

Well so far I reapplied AS5 more evenly and reseated my Z9500 but it's still got some play even as tight as I can get it. It doesnt feel lose it just wiggles on the AS5. Is that normal? My temps OC'd @ 3ghz are 49C Idle. 40C Idle at stock. I'm at 1.4 vCore reading 1.36 on the monitors. :eek:

m0nk3ys1ms

Well so far I reapplied AS5 more evenly and reseated my Z9500 but it's still got some play even as tight as I can get it. It doesnt feel lose it just wiggles on the AS5. Is that normal? My temps OC'd @ 3ghz are 49C Idle. 40C Idle at stock. I'm at 1.4 vCore reading 1.36 on the monitors. :eek:

Did you clean off the old thermal paste before you put the new on, cause your temperatures are still quite high.

Grey410

Did you clean off the old thermal paste before you put the new on, cause your temperatures are still quite high.

DOH ... nope. I knew I was forgetting something. Guess I'm back to square one. Should the HSF have some wiggle when tightened down? I'm not used to that. I'm OC'd to 3ghz almost at stock voltage getting 46C. How's that lookin? :confused:

*Update* Under load I now am getting 47-49C and 45-46C Idle. Maybe let the AS5 settle or should I scrape it all and start over?

Ok so now I reapllied new AS5 but the Z9500 just won't get tight. It always has a little wiggle and I can't tighten it anymore or I'm going to strip the screws out. So maybe I should switch to a Scythe Ninja or Mine? My temps are 40C-42C idle and 47C-49C load. Sound bad? I'm at 3.2ghz @ Stock voltage.

Last edited:

Grey410

Bump

Bumpin my own edit lol :p
Ok so now I reapllied new AS5 but the Z9500 just won't get tight. It always has a little wiggle and I can't tighten it anymore or I'm going to strip the screws out. So maybe I should switch to a Scythe Ninja or Mine? My temps are 40C-42C idle and 47C-49C load. Sound bad? I'm at 3.2ghz @ Stock voltage.

ETSA

That zalman is a pain in the ass to put on huh, i got one on my rig in my sig, it's currently at someones house getting worked on, had a few problems on my first build from scratch, should be getting it tommorow.

I can't freagin wait!

BTW, it wiggled slightly after I tightened it a lot, I mean the tightest I felt comfortable with.

Get on AIM, lol, im quentincf...

Last edited:

Rambo

Grey410, what temperatures does it read in the BIOS? Idel temps of 40C plus with C2D's are rarely heard of. Especially sicne you are using a Z9500!

I've got my E6300 at 3.2 Ghz and it idles at 32C... I do remember reading that the ASUS temperature sensor is around 8 - 10 degrees (Celcius) off though. I'm pretty sure that's the reason.

Feel the HSF. If it feels hot, then yeah, it's around 45 - 50C. If it's cool / partially warm, it's around 25 - 30C (what it should be).

:)

EDIT:

Download the Intel Thermal Analysis Tool from here: http://shintai.ambition.cz/files/tat.exe Tell me your readings. :)

EDIT 2:

Also, you should be doing Prime95 tests to check stability. ;)

Last edited:

Grey410

Woweee Zoweee

Grey410, what temperatures does it read in the BIOS? Idel temps of 40C plus with C2D's are rarely heard of. Especially sicne you are using a Z9500!

I've got my E6300 at 3.2 Ghz and it idles at 32C... I do remember reading that the ASUS temperature sensor is around 8 - 10 degrees (Celcius) off though. I'm pretty sure that's the reason.

Feel the HSF. If it feels hot, then yeah, it's around 45 - 50C. If it's cool / partially warm, it's around 25 - 30C (what it should be).

:)

EDIT:

Download the Intel Thermal Analysis Tool from here: http://shintai.ambition.cz/files/tat.exe Tell me your readings. :)

EDIT 2:

Also, you should be doing Prime95 tests to check stability. ;)

Holy mother of %^#%$@#. Was 42-44C idle and started the workload shot right up to 53C before I could even hit STOP!!! LOL. I'm ordering a Scythe Mine right now as the Ninja is out of stock. Heard anything about the mine? I've read it's good. Thanks for the help man much appreciated!

Rambo

Holy mother of %^#%$@#. Was 42-44C idle and started the workload shot right up to 53C before I could even hit STOP!!! LOL. I'm ordering a Scythe Mine right now as the Ninja is out of stock. Heard anything about the mine? I've read it's good. Thanks for the help man much appreciated!

Mine says 42C too. I think it's something to do with one of the sensors reading the internal core temperature, and the outer core temperature (although not sure how trustworthy that is).

However, I can guarantee you, if you replace the HSF, you aren't going to see an improvement. Your temps are fine, seriously...

Grey410

Huh

Mine says 42C too. I think it's something to do with one of the sensors reading the internal core temperature, and the outer core temperature (although not sure how trustworthy that is).

However, I can guarantee you, if you replace the HSF, you aren't going to see an improvement. Your temps are fine, seriously...

Yeah they dont seem to even fluctuate too much when overclocking. You think ASUS will fix this or is it just bunk? Just startles me. :confused: I guess the fact my HSF is wiggling around made me want to replace it. Thats the advice Pro gave me saying his temps are around 32C.

Rambo

Yeah they dont seem to even fluctuate too much when overclocking. You think ASUS will fix this or is it just bunk? Just startles me. :confused: I guess the fact my HSF is wiggling around made me want to replace it. Thats the advice Pro gave me saying his temps are around 32C.

Pro has a different board to you.

But you can rest assured that the temps are fine, trust me lol... I am willing to bet the sensor is off 5 or 10 degrees.

You still havent said what the temperatures reads in the BIOS though. In the BIOS I get 32, and in in Intel Thermal Analysis Tool I get 42. However, with a different peice of software I get 28... It's crazy.

The most reliable source is the BIOS, and actually physically touching the heatsink. If its cool to warm, its in the 30's. If its warm to pretty warm, then I'd say 40's :)

Last edited:

Grey410

huh

I'm getting 40C in the bios too. Which makes me think its back to the HSF not being seated all the way (it wiggles when fully tight). I cannot get it any tighter without stripping the screws. :confused:

Last edited:

Rambo

I'm getting 40C in the bios too. Which makes me think its back to the HSF not being seated all the way (it wiggles when fully tight). I cannot get it any tighter without stripping the screws. :confused:

Didn't Pro say that his HSF wiggles too?

Rambo

is that you in the background?

Yeah, it was a gig we had at a club in Leicester.. But I usually don't have that as my wall paper. I have one of the whole band. :)

me-theshed.jpg

But I shouldn't be posting pictures in this topic lol :D

EDIT:

I'm wondering whether I should've shown you that lol... Seeming as you're obsessed with me, right? :p

CS Source Lover

Yeah, it was a gig we had at a club in Leicester.. But I usually don't have that as my wall paper. I have one of the whole band. :)

me-theshed.jpg

But I shouldn't be posting pictures in this topic lol :D

EDIT:

I'm wondering whether I should've shown you that lol... Seeming as you're obsessed with me, right? :p

you know when you had those southpark avatar. I thought you would be around 5'1 and have a mustache and beard just like that pic.

Last edited: