EMERGENCY!!! COMPUTER BRICKED!!! HELP ME ASAP!!

voyagerfan99

Master of Turning Things Off and Back On Again
Staff member
Because I hate SSDs. It's stupid. 120GB. I can fill the stupid thing in a week once I download my music, games, etc., and that's why I use the 1TB HDD
And just like we've told you in the past, that's why you redirect your user folders to the mechanical hard drive.

You'll never learn....or listen for that matter.

Darren

Staff member
Because I hate SSDs. It's stupid. 120GB. I can fill the stupid thing in a week once I download my music, games, etc., and that's why I use the 1TB HDD

How do you even accomplish anything if you can't problem solve something so basic like this. Change where you save stuff, you can even make it default to your larger drive. I've got a 120GB SSD and a 1TB HDD and I'm still breathing and have space to spare on both. Have you ever used an SSD before for an OS installation? It's waaayy quicker.

Nearly every single problem I've seen you come here for help with has been a result of you doing things "your way" rather than the normal way that makes sense, actually works, and doesn't cause numerous problems.

beers

Staff member

So, SSD are stupid because you can neither manage storage correctly nor make appropriate purchasing decisions. Makes sense.

voyagerfan99

Master of Turning Things Off and Back On Again
Staff member
So, SSD are stupid because you can neither manage storage correctly nor make appropriate purchasing decisions. Makes sense.
Remember that this rig was given to him like this. He managed to get it working but filled up his SSD with garbage and that's why he hates them.

The VCR King

Remember that this rig was given to him like this. He managed to get it working but filled up his SSD with garbage and that's why he hates them.
Yeah... I also rebooted the PC again and the taskbar is fixed... so far... :)

My hard disk has passed all diagnostic tests, but I am still curious as to why every time it crashes it says BOOTMGR MISSING, and I lose my system time and date.

However, I moved the SSD into my hotswap bay and I use it as a game drive between my PC and school laptop. :)

Last edited by a moderator:

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
My hard disk has passed all diagnostic tests, but I am still curious as to why every time it crashes it says BOOTMGR MISSING, and I lose my system time and date.

If system date and time is wrong then something is up with the cmos battery which doesn't keep your bios settings, which means your boot order is screwed up.

The VCR King

If system date and time is wrong then something is up with the cmos battery which doesn't keep your bios settings, which means your boot order is screwed up.
I'm going to change out the CMOS battery tomorrow morning. Also, although it probably isn't likely, is it possible that a dead CMOS battery could have been causing my other issues such as the random blackouts or sudden shutting off??

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
A dead cmos battery will only not save your bios settings when pc is off. Shutting off is a hardware issue or overheating.

The VCR King

Today the display simply went black and the power button and everything else would not respond. I had to unplug and plug back in the power supply to reboot it. :(

The VCR King

I'm saving up for a new power supply, some PCI slot covers to close the gaping hole in my case from when I removed my dead video card and removed a USB card to put in a memory card reader, and I'm replacing all of the SATA cables with UV Blue ones as well as replacing the dying 140mm case fan on the side. :D

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
The pci slot covers will reduce the amount of dust some but not near as much as you think they will. You need to worry more where the intake fans are located, might need dust filters.

The VCR King

I found this power supply, and it looks awesome! Will 680W power my whole PC? I only have 1 video card and I'm not adding any more.
http://www.amazon.com/Apevia-Iceber...aA1d2AL&dpSrc=sims&preST=_AC_UL160_SR160,160_

51yn%2BCJBVAL.jpg