EMERGENCY!!! COMPUTER BRICKED!!! HELP ME ASAP!!

The VCR King

And I do think my current PSU is failing. That thing is f****** HOT! I have opened the case and put my hand against the PSU a few times this week, and even at idle it feels like you could cook an egg on the thing.

While I was in there I also noticed some pretty significant GPU sag. :(

The VCR King

You don't want an Apevia PSU.
I was reading the reviews and the specs for the PSU say that it has a +4 connecter for the mobo but the reviews are saying it doesn't have one. o_O My motherboard uses a 24 pin or a 20+4 pin...

Last edited:

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
Apevia's are garbage units. Go with a top brand company, corsair, xfx, seasonic. antec. All standard atx power supplies come with a 20+4 main connector.

voyagerfan99

Master of Turning Things Off and Back On Again
Staff member
Stop trying to make your computer look cool. You're the only one that's gonna see it anyway. If you get things running correctly then you can stop coming to us with stupid issues that we provide resolutions for but then ignore and do your own thing.

beers

Staff member
What PSU do you have currently? You've probably referenced it at some point but I can't remember.

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
You better just stop using the pc until you replace the power supply. It shouldn't be hot to the touch.

The VCR King

You better just stop using the pc until you replace the power supply. It shouldn't be hot to the touch.
I can't do that because it is my only PC I own. I might redneck it and do the classic take-off-the-case-window-and-put-a-box-fan-up-to-it method until I get a new PSU.

I got bored and taped a meat thermometer to the PSU for 10 minutes while the PC was idle and I got this:
hb6YAc9.jpg

aldan

thats f@ck all for temps.keep in mind a meat thermo is not the most accurate way of measuring your temps tho.still can figure out if your just a kid or are trolling us.lol

The VCR King

Honestly I'm kinda excited about getting a new PSU soon because it's also an opportunity to tidy up and improve the horrid cable management left by the previous owner. ;)

voyagerfan99

Master of Turning Things Off and Back On Again
Staff member
Modula...wat?
*sigh*
Modular power supplies have cables that can be attached to the power supply individually. Unlike more basic PSUs, which have permanently attached cables, modular power supplies allow you to use only the cables you need for your particular installation. This has several benefits: installations and upgrades are easier, you’ll get neater-looking results, and keeping unneeded cables out of the airflow path can reduce noise and improve your system’s performance.

spirit

Staff member
The CXM series from Corsair are good. They're semi-modular which is fine. They're also well-priced, reliable and quite affordable.