FANALLY!!!!! I get a new computer!!!!

Geoff

VIP Member
34erd, answer me this, why does a 12 year old need a computer like that?? are your parents really rich or something?

34erd

Ugh my uncle just came over, I showed him my build list, and he says that its imposible to build! So he goes and configures this $1500 dell that I could build for $600 I didnt want to be rude so I didnt say anything but then he practicly convinced my mom to buy a dell all over again! :mad: AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH :mad: :mad:

He even says that dell is the only good maufacturer so now my mom probably wont let me buy from ibuypower either...

Geoff

VIP Member
wow that really sucks. Did you show your mom how much cheaper it can be if you build it vs buy it from dell? i would show her.

34erd

She keeps on saying what if something goes wrong and I cant fix it and you guys cant fix it and nobody can fix it... How the hell am I suposed to answer that :confused:

:mad:

SFR

Truth fears no questions
34erd said:
She keeps on saying what if something goes wrong and I cant fix it and you guys cant fix it and nobody can fix it... How the hell am I suposed to answer that :confused:

:mad:

Everyone knows that I am not a Dell basher.. but chances are if you cannot fix it and no one from this forum can fix it...well, Dell wont be able to fix it either... Tell your mom that every part you buy will have a warranty and can be returned if it fails...

34erd

Oops.. warenty... I forgot about that... add another $300... Or are all the parts already warentied :confused:

Johnnyboy0056

most parts have a warrantee. hds usually have a lifetime warantee. i say put the specs together for the same comp from dell and show her the price of buiiilding it urself. and also tell her that even if u had dell to fix it, they arent going to do it for free. so its really no different from building it urself and taking it to a comp repair store instead of shipping it to dell so they can charge u a couple hundred to put in a refurbished piece of equipment in place of a bad piece.

Geoff

VIP Member
johnny is right, most products do have warranties, although you need to go through the mfg and not through newegg for cpus, since they only warantee them for 7 days.

MatrixEVO

Yeah. Geoff is right, I had some trouble with mine and AMD took care of it after 30 days had already gone by.

34erd

Ok... Finaly. After 4 hours of arguing now my mom agrees but I dont get to buy any replacement parts or computers that have to be payed for. If I pinpoint a problem with, say, a motherboard, and its totaly broken and wont work no matter what, will the manufacturer replace it for free?

Yay :D

redrider773

Ya, you'd have a better chance with newegg taking it back under the impression that it died when shipped. Manufacturers make you go through such a hassle, that most people just drop it, lol.

ilovefishsticks

Make sure when the parts arrive, when you place the mobo in the case, you have standoffs inbetween the mobo and the case or it will ground the mobo and it shorts. i did this to my first mobo and my ma was about to kill me... also the fan you chose wouldnt be that much different than the stock fan. If i were you i would use the stock fan that comes with the processor and if it starts getting hot or buy a new one. Also that viedo card is mighty expensive. What you could do (this is what i would do) is get 2 nvidia 6600 or 6800's and get 3 monitors... that would make a sweet gaming pc since your doing the heavy gaming and it wouldnt cost much more than it is now... just a thought :rolleyes:

34erd

Ok heres my final list, I just want to make sure I didnt forget anything besides headphones. I ditched the heatsink fro now also. So here it is with absuloutly everything, I want to make sure I didnt miss nay software I need, or hardware. I need to have abseloutly everything, assuming I am starting with nothing so I wont need to buy anything else.

Cables: AMC 8" 4-Pin Power Cable Splitter Model Y Power Cable - OEM

Combo: drive: SAMSUNG Black IDE Combo Drive Model SH-M522C/BEBN - OEM

Case: Thermaltake Tsunami VA3000SNA Silver Aluminum ATX Mid Tower Computer Case - Retail

Floppy: SAMSUNG Black 1.44MB 3.5" Internal Floppy Drive Windows 98SE/ ME/ 2000/ XP - OEM

Hard drive: Seagate Barracuda 7200.7 SATA NCQ ST3160827AS 160GB 7200 RPM Serial ATA150 Hard Drive - OEM

Monitor: HYUNDAI L90D+ Silver 19" 8ms LCD Monitor - Retail

Mobo: DFI LANPARTY UT nF4 SLI-DR Socket 939 NVIDIA nForce4 SLI ATX AMD Motherboard - Retail

Wireless adaptor: HAWKING HWU54D USB 1.1/2.0 Wireless Adapter - Retail

Video Card: BFG Tech BFGR78256GTOC Geforce 7800GT 256MB GDDR3 PCI Express x16 - Retail

PSU: Antec NEOPOWER 480 ATX 480W Power Supply - Retail

Keyboard: Saitek PZ18AU Black USB Wired Zero-Slope design Executive - Retail

Mouse: Logitech MX518 931352-0403 2-Tone 8 Buttons 1x Wheel USB + PS/2 Optical Mouse - Retail

RAM: OCZ 1GB (2 x 512MB) 184-Pin DDR SDRAM DDR 500 (PC 4000) Unbuffered Dual Channel Kit System Memory Model OCZ5001024ELDCGEVX-K - Retail

Processor:AMD Athlon 64 3500+ Venice 1GHz FSB Socket 939 Processor Model ADA3500BPBOX - Retail

O.S: Microsoft Windows XP HOME Edition With Service Pack 2 - OEM

So do I have everything? I'm ordering in about an hour.
Oh the cable came free with X.P.

I got a replacement plan on the mobo and PSU since those are the most likely to be screwed up.

Last edited:

Geoff

VIP Member
it looks really nice, except i would get a DVD Burner instead of a combo drive.

I thought your budget was $2000? and where are you getting this from?

34erd

From newegg. But with shipping and tax it ends up $2000 so thats why. Plus I never burn DVD's so my mom told me to save $10... so thats why no DVD-RW.

34erd

Alright... I'm going to the point of no return: buying it! duh duh duuuuuhhhhh.......... :eek: