Favorite Gaming Keyboard

danthrax

I used to game quite frequently, you would maybe have referred to me as a "hardcore" gamer. I've taken a break from gaming but have recently started playing some old/new favorites (Diablo 2 LOD, Crysis, Counter-Strike: Source).

I'd like to get a new keyboard and am wondering what the rest of you use and why you like it? Price really doesn't matter right now, I just want to know what people like and why. Thanks guys/girls.

Matthew1990

Microsoft X6

x-6.jpg

danthrax

works amazing, lights up red, blue, and purple. i won it, but i think it is around $70.

b01.jpg

Ahh very cool. Do the keys themselves light up or is there LED's behind the keys? I think something that lights up would be great because it's usually dark where my PC is and it'd be nice to see the keys.

danthrax

The g15 looks pretty sweet too. I like the audio control panel on it. Its also got a very sleek profile which looks nice!

voyagerfan99

Master of Turning Things Off and Back On Again
Staff member
First Gen G15 is the only gaming KB I've ever owned. I'm really happy with it because it types quiet and the keys are large and comfortable.

FairDoos

Ive owned 2 Gaming keyboards, the X6 Sidewinder and the Logitech G11 and i must say i prefer the G11 sort of due to its high big keys and more "G" keys its generally an all round good bored the X6 just has the looks though even though i loved it till i spilt my orange juice on it.. LOL :)

meticadpa

If price isn't an object, get a mechanical keyboard.

"Gaming" keyboards are just overpriced bundles of crap with some flashy lights to confuse the consumer into thinking that they're actually worth the money that they're paying for them.

Much the same with gaming headsets.

danthrax

If price isn't an object, get a mechanical keyboard.

"Gaming" keyboards are just overpriced bundles of crap with some flashy lights to confuse the consumer into thinking that they're actually worth the money that they're paying for them.

Much the same with gaming headsets.

I understand it's an easy item to get ripped off on, which is unfortunate... What would be an example of a "mechanical keyboard"?

Edit: Now I know what the difference is, here is an article for anyone else who did not know

Mechanical vs. Membrane

Last edited:

Calibretto

VIP Member
$10 membrane keyboard with backlighting and a screen. Not worth the money at all.
You're really generalizing and overlooking some nice features of the G19. Yes, it has a screen, but it's a really nice looking LCD that's super useful. It also has numerous macro keys, a nice volume wheel, D-pad, and tons more.

Gooberman

my favorite one was the g11 until my sister poured pop onto it because i told her to get off and it seems my mom backs her on everything >.>

linkin

VIP Member
I have the G15 & G5 mouse, they make an awesomesauce combo! Got them both used for $50 AUD each, can't beat it at that price :D

danthrax

I have the G15 & G5 mouse, they make an awesomesauce combo! Got them both used for $50 AUD each, can't beat it at that price :D

Damn that is a good deal for the combo, especially in Australia!

Did you buy them new as a combo or used?