Favorite Gaming Keyboard

mihir

VIP Member
Get the G15 Keyboard I am using it and very happy with it.
The G19 looks good and feels good but is not that value for money

PohTayToez

I'm not even much of a PC gamer, but I love my first gen G15. It really has a classic keyboard feel, plus you can set up the LCD to display all sorts of different information about your computer.

danthrax

I'm not even much of a PC gamer, but I love my first gen G15. It really has a classic keyboard feel, plus you can set up the LCD to display all sorts of different information about your computer.

I'm leaning towards getting one of these now after hearing all the good things everyone has had to say about them. What kind of stuff can you display on the LCD screen?

Hsv_Man

I'm leaning towards getting one of these now after hearing all the good things everyone has had to say about them. What kind of stuff can you display on the LCD screen?

Same a friend of mine has one you can display time, cpu usage, temps thats all i can remember off the top of my head major difference with the g19 is that it just has a colour lcd and can play visualizations on it when listening to music.

PohTayToez

Well, right now I just have it displaying my download/upload traffic along with a graph showing use in real time. Other basic options are Memory/CPU usage, fan speeds and temps, songs/playlist navigation, clock, etc. You can also find programs designed for specific games that will display things such as life/ammo. You can find all kinds of other apps here:
http://www.g15mods.com/forum/

Geoff

VIP Member
I have the original G15 as well and love it. What I love most is that I can have the time displayed on the LCD, that way when I'm playing games or watching movies I know if I'm going to be late for work or so I don't forget to take the food out of the oven. I also love the backlit keyboard, although I NEVER use the "G" keys, and it takes up quite a bit of room.

PohTayToez

[-0MEGA-];1479105 said:
I have the original G15 as well and love it. What I love most is that I can have the time displayed on the LCD, that way when I'm playing games or watching movies I know if I'm going to be late for work or so I don't forget to take the food out of the oven. I also love the backlit keyboard, although I NEVER use the "G" keys, and it takes up quite a bit of room.

Yeah, it's definitely a behemoth, but even not being a gamer I'll occasionally find a use for the G keys. The other day I performing a bunch of basic operations on several pictures in Photoshop. I programmed one of the keys to just input the shortcut keys for the operations I was doing in order, so I all I had to do was open a picture and hit a single key, and it did what I wanted to and then saved and closed the picture.

Geoff

VIP Member
Yeah, it's definitely a behemoth, but even not being a gamer I'll occasionally find a use for the G keys. The other day I performing a bunch of basic operations on several pictures in Photoshop. I programmed one of the keys to just input the shortcut keys for the operations I was doing in order, so I all I had to do was open a picture and hit a single key, and it did what I wanted to and then saved and closed the picture.
That's a good idea actually, never even thought that!

Feuerfrei.x

Logitech G19, hands down.

logitech_g19.jpg

I don't own one, but I've played with one before and it's absolutely amazing.
wat the hells the little screen for - is it like one on those all in one pcs from the 80's :p, cuz i dont think you will be able to play Grand theft Auto or other games on a screen like that :D

russb

wat the hells the little screen for - is it like one on those all in one pcs from the 80's :p, cuz i dont think you will be able to play Grand theft Auto or other games on a screen like that :D

Dont make us English all sound like ediots,if you had read all the post instead of the last one you would know what it for.:)

Geoff

VIP Member
Displaying system info, a clock, to control media, play a slideshow, etc.

danthrax

Although it would be cool if the screen mimicked what you were doing on your monitor, like displayed a miniature version of it... This feature wouldn't serve much of a purpose but it'd be kinda cool!

linkin

VIP Member
With the G15/19 you can use Echovoice Gamer Statistics for CSS and it's awesome, except my install of it is broken. :(

Aastii

VIP Member
I agree with meticadpa. I can't afford a gaming keyboard or mechanical keyboard, however I have a £16 Logitech media keyboard and I game. In every game I play, I am 9 times out of 10 at the top of the pile. I'm not showing off, just pointing out even though I don't have a thorough-bred keyboard, I still beat people that have gaming peripherals. I have played with gaming keyboards and mice, and don't do any different to when I have my £16 keyboard and £4 mouse

They aren't any better than normal keyboards, they just have flashing lights and pointless buttons. You can get cheap backlit keyboards that work as well as the gaming ones, you can get ones with programable keys for cheap, again, that work as well as the gaming ones.

It is the equivelant of getting an alienware computer: doesn't work any better than one you put together yourself, but because it has angles and lights, you pay way over the odds for it

Geoff

VIP Member
I agree with meticadpa. I can't afford a gaming keyboard or mechanical keyboard, however I have a £16 Logitech media keyboard and I game. In every game I play, I am 9 times out of 10 at the top of the pile. I'm not showing off, just pointing out even though I don't have a thorough-bred keyboard, I still beat people that have gaming peripherals. I have played with gaming keyboards and mice, and don't do any different to when I have my £16 keyboard and £4 mouse

They aren't any better than normal keyboards, they just have flashing lights and pointless buttons. You can get cheap backlit keyboards that work as well as the gaming ones, you can get ones with programable keys for cheap, again, that work as well as the gaming ones.

It is the equivelant of getting an alienware computer: doesn't work any better than one you put together yourself, but because it has angles and lights, you pay way over the odds for it
If one has an economy car and one has a Ferrari, the economy car may reach the destination first, but that doesn't mean the drive was just as fun.

If you didn't catch my point, it's that while cheapo keyboards and mice do work and get the job done, and while you may win some games, having a gaming keyboard makes gaming easier and more enjoyable.