Favorite Gaming Keyboard

danthrax

[-0MEGA-];1479836 said:
If one has an economy car and one has a Ferrari, the economy car may reach the destination first, but that doesn't mean the drive was just as fun.

If you didn't catch my point, it's that while cheapo keyboards and mice do work and get the job done, and while you may win some games, having a gaming keyboard makes gaming easier and more enjoyable.

I agree with you, the point of me getting a gaming keyboard is not to make me better at games (I am damn good as is ;), and know that it is ridiculous to think a new keyboard would help). It's simply for enjoyment, I would like to have GPU/CPU temp monitors on an LCD screen and something as simple as backlighting has always been appealing to me.

Aastii

VIP Member
[-0MEGA-];1479836 said:
If one has an economy car and one has a Ferrari, the economy car may reach the destination first, but that doesn't mean the drive was just as fun.

If you didn't catch my point, it's that while cheapo keyboards and mice do work and get the job done, and while you may win some games, having a gaming keyboard makes gaming easier and more enjoyable.

Why would you want it easier? If you are already winning, why make it even easier, would make it boring. If you mean easier in the way that you can see ammo, scoreboard etc on the screen like on a Logitech g keyboard, having used one I found myself looking at the HUD on screen still, and not being at a disadvantage, and pressing tab to see the scoreboard, and again, not being at a disadvantage. I never use programable buttons either in games and I know nobody that does

And how so more enjoyable? I play games for the experience. I play for the immersion, for the people I play with, for fun. Having a different bit of plastic under my fingers that I don't see doesn't change that experience at all.

I suppose at the end of the day it is all preference, but it is all a waste to me. You don't get any worth while extras from a £100 keyboard over a £20 one

Geoff

VIP Member
Why would you want it easier? If you are already winning, why make it even easier, would make it boring. If you mean easier in the way that you can see ammo, scoreboard etc on the screen like on a Logitech g keyboard, having used one I found myself looking at the HUD on screen still, and not being at a disadvantage, and pressing tab to see the scoreboard, and again, not being at a disadvantage. I never use programable buttons either in games and I know nobody that does

And how so more enjoyable? I play games for the experience. I play for the immersion, for the people I play with, for fun. Having a different bit of plastic under my fingers that I don't see doesn't change that experience at all.

I suppose at the end of the day it is all preference, but it is all a waste to me. You don't get any worth while extras from a £100 keyboard over a £20 one
A keyboard does not make you better at gaming, unless you are currently using one of the worst keyboards ever made. What I was referring to was with a gaming keyboard such as the G15, they have backlit keys and buttons to make it easier to find the correct key in dark environments, they have switches which disable the Windows key so you don't accidentally hit it instead of ALT or CTRL, they have programmable keys which can be used to replace several keystrokes, but my favorite is with the G15 I can see the current time, CPU/RAM usage, temps, game info, and control my background music.

funkysnair

VIP Member
i have gone from a cheap £5 keyboard to a saitek eclipse II and now im awaiting my g15....

they make alot of diference in my opinion i cant be bothered to explain why in great detail but i wil say they just feel better and have more options/settings!

currently awaiting on a belkin nostromo too

danthrax

i have gone from a cheap £5 keyboard to a saitek eclipse II and now im awaiting my g15....

they make alot of diference in my opinion i cant be bothered to explain why in great detail but i wil say they just feel better and have more options/settings!

currently awaiting on a belkin nostromo too

Options and Settings = :good:

It is also cool that you can disable your windows key and stuff like that when gaming so you don't accidentally bring up the start menu when you're about to shoot someone's face.

and like Omega said, it'd be very nice to monitor your GPU/CPU temps and stuff like that via the keyboard's LCD screen, rather than alt+tabbing your way to your temp monitor...

kyle69

just get a razor i love the feeling of the keys and their always the best no matter witch one u get

linkin

VIP Member
I have heard that many razors have issues... keys not working after a while and the dreaded "not able to use this combo of keys" because of how they are grouped or something. almost every keyboard gets this... but i dont know.

Aastii

VIP Member
Who makes the razor?

I have heard that many razors have issues... keys not working after a while and the dreaded "not able to use this combo of keys" because of how they are grouped or something. almost every keyboard gets this... but i dont know.

@danthrax: Razer is the company, Razer makes Razer products:

http://www.razerzone.com/

@Linkin: I've never had that problem with any keyboard Linkin. The only thing I can think of that you are on about is ghosting or jamming, however, again a problem I have never had with my cheap keyboards

linkin

VIP Member
@danthrax: Razer is the company, Razer makes Razer products:

http://www.razerzone.com/

@Linkin: I've never had that problem with any keyboard Linkin. The only thing I can think of that you are on about is ghosting or jamming, however, again a problem I have never had with my cheap keyboards

Maybe i'm thinking wireless keyboards. my brothers crappy hp wireless one doesn't let you press Ctrl w, and d at the same time. so you can't crouch and move diagonally right. :(