Favorite OS

alexandergre

Mac os X 10.4 is my fav. im waiting for the leopard version since ive heard that there is some secrets behind it that people dont knwo yet. :)
fast, no virus, no crash, nice looking, and eveything is perfect: like i want.

Shane

Super Moderator
Staff member
Windows 2000 pro

I prefer that because it never let me down once....unlike xp sometimes :D

But isnt Xp based on 2000 anyway? lol ooh i dont know:D

I would go back to Windows 2000 anyday:)

Rambo

I don't really have a favourite. They're all good for seperate things...

The three that I mainly use are Vista, XP, and OS X (10.4).

SFR

Truth fears no questions
yawn... there are sooo many threads on this topic.

My choice is Windows 3.11

tobywuk

my fav is Ubuntu as its Opensource, free, nice to use and it has a good community.

Even though, i use Vista and XP more than anything els as it is easy to use and compatable with nearly everything. with windows though i cant help but feal its all about profit making.

tlarkin

VIP Member
none

I have no favorite OS right now, I have problems with all the OSes I run. Enough of a problem where I can't consider any my favorite. Right now I run these OSes on a regular basis

1) Windows XP SP2
2) OS X 10.4.8
3) Open Suse 10.1
4) Open Suse 10.2
5) SLED 10
6) Kubuntu 6.10

I run a few knoppix distros but I consider those to be more of a tool for work rather than an actual user operating system. I wouldn't do day to day work on the knoppix builds, but one I do like is BackTrack.

Out of all of those OSes I really do not have a favorite because once I start to like one the developers do something stupid or something breaks or something changes I do not like.

I also run Vista on one machine at work and am not really impressed with it at all, and I don't run it for any other reason than to test it out so I wouldn't consider it an OS I use on a day to day basis.

I have (including work and home):

Gaming PC running XP Pro
Macbook Pro running OSX Tiger, kubuntu, windows xp, backtrack
HP NC4200 12" - Running Open Suse 10.2
HP DC150 - Running Open SuSe 10.1 and SLED 10 It also has Windows XP Pro SP2
G4 Dual 500 - OS X 10.4 OS X server (test server)
G4 MDD - OS X 10.4 and OS X server (another test machine)
Building a new gaming rig - it will run xp pro and possibly vista if I get a DX10 video card (i have two legal copies of vista ultimate)
HP DC150 - Open Suse 10.1 + DRBL box running clonezilla (imaging server that I built in our shop to image machines for deployment)

I also have a half way built MAME box, I just need to save up some money and actually go buy a house so I will have room to build it. Right now one really wouldn't fit in my apartment.

jasonz

thanks for the post. Ill tell you the results when i have finished

You know you can post a poll and everyone can vote. CF will tally the results for you.

Mine is Ubuntu 6.10. The only time i go back to windows XP is to download or listen to music.