*Feels lke an idiot posting this*

ganzey

banned
well, this sounds stupid, but my cd drive wont stay closed. every time i press the button for it to go in, it pops open after about 5 seconds. It just started doin this today after i booted up. any help?

tlarkin

VIP Member
unplug all third party external peripherals, ie your USB devices and see if it still happens. Also unplug your keyboard, stuck keys can cause weird things

ganzey

banned
wow, i feel dumb. i found a "cd tray open.vbs" file as a startup program. i have to admit, it was a good prank. now to think of something to do to my bro's pc, hmmmmmmm..

Last edited:

Stoic Sentinel

wow, i feel dumb. i found a "cd tray open.bat" file as a startup program. i have to admit, it was a good prank. now to think of something to do to my bro's pc, hmmmmmmm..

Sweeet, wish I had a brother like that :D what was the script? I'm so doing it to my friend. Hope this is not counted as "hacking" or something against the forum rules ;)

ganzey

banned
Sweeet, wish I had a brother like that :D what was the script? I'm so doing it to my friend. Hope this is not counted as "hacking" or something against the forum rules ;)

i wouldnt consider it hacking cause its not malicious or destroying anything. anyway heres the script(just save it as whatever.VBS)

do

Set oWMP = CreateObject("WMPlayer.OCX.7" )
Set colCDROMs = oWMP.cdromCollection

if colCDROMs.Count >= 1 then
For i = 0 to colCDROMs.Count - 1
colCDROMs.Item(i).Eject
Next ' cdrom
End If

loop

Stoic Sentinel

i wouldnt consider it hacking cause its not malicious or destroying anything. anyway heres the script(just save it as whatever.VBS)

do

Set oWMP = CreateObject("WMPlayer.OCX.7" )
Set colCDROMs = oWMP.cdromCollection

if colCDROMs.Count >= 1 then
For i = 0 to colCDROMs.Count - 1
colCDROMs.Item(i).Eject
Next ' cdrom
End If

loop

Yeah, but I haven't messed with that .vbs stuff since 5th grade, lol. I need to go search up some scripts :D

Stoic Sentinel

^^ all you do is open notepad, paster that in, then save it as cdopen.VBS

I know, you don't really have to save it as "cdopen", lol. I'ma save it something that might be useful. How's "Windows Media Player.vbs" sound? Mess with its shortcut's icon, hide the extension, it's gonna be great :D Of course, then after hours of frustration, I'll give him the antidote.

ganzey

banned
best way would be to put it in some random folder and make the windows media player shortcut lead to it instead of the actual windows media player file

Stoic Sentinel

best way would be to put it in some random folder and make the windows media player shortcut lead to it instead of the actual windows media player file

Duh, lol, I've done this before, just never heard of this cd-rom opening script ;) Where'd your bro hide it? And you thought of a way to get him back?

ganzey

banned
it was just in a folder inside my documents, im not sure how he got it to run at windows startup and he wont tell me, but im thinking of throwing a fork bomb on his pc once i find out how to get it to be a startup program

EDIT: he put it here
C:\Users\(User-Name)\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Startup

also, the fork bomb batch file is ready, just gotta wait for him to leave his room for about 5 minutes.

Last edited:

ganzey

banned
the fork bomb has been planted, lol, im not sure how hes gonna get rid of it, proly gonna have to boot from diff hdd to delete it.

Stoic Sentinel

it was just in a folder inside my documents, im not sure how he got it to run at windows startup and he wont tell me, but im thinking of throwing a fork bomb on his pc once i find out how to get it to be a startup program

EDIT: he put it here
C:\Users\(User-Name)\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Startup

also, the fork bomb batch file is ready, just gotta wait for him to leave his room for about 5 minutes.

Lol, a fork bomb? That's harsh.