FireFox - Is it good?

hermeslyre

VIP Member
Fasterfox is the tweak I was referring to, it is the most common of the extensions that tweak your network/browser settings for faster rendering, it took me 1.41 seconds to bring up the reply page on this forum.

I know this is a damn old post, but I'll say anyways that I've tried it and not noticed a difference at all. I think it does is enable pipelines and a quiet prefetch caching of all available URL's on a given page. Pipelining somehow broke my flash, and I took issue with the prefetch for some reason.

pokethesmot

you can get programs on Firefox that make it virtually impossible to get a virus and its for free i use to use windows explorer and now i would rather shoot myself then go back to it

TFT

VIP Member
you can get programs on Firefox that make it virtually impossible to get a virus and its for free i use to use windows explorer and now i would rather shoot myself then go back to it

I think you'd better get your gun ready, so what do you use in place of windows explorer?

Punk

Staff member

I wouldn't say so... If that was true, we'd have no more logs to analyze in the security section ;). Every time you close a gap, those stupid hackers find another way...

M0LD0V4N

Hi,
All my mates have been telling me to get FireFox as I use IE...
Is it good or not? Is it free?

Thanks,

Dylan_

Is this a Serious Question?

Of course it's good, Internet Explorer is a Bit slow, Freezes alot for me, and can't be customized like FireFox. Well Those are my Reasons why I use FireFox.

fixit

yup, i used to love IE, tried firefox, took me a while to get used to it, now i love firefox, hate IE.