First time builder

2048Megabytes

I vote for the AMD Phenom II 945 processor you have chosen. The performance is great with the Phenom II Quad-Core processors and it is less expensive in price.

The Intel i7 is a better processor than the Phenom II but be prepared to open your wallet and dish out more $$$ and change your component list again because your chosen motherboard will not work with an Intel i7 processor.

Rawlaw

K and would you recommend a refurbished monitor. isn't their no difference accept it is cheaper. The reason is, is that i can probably upgrade my 23 inch monitor to a 25 or 26 inch one for the same price. Any ideas???

bomberboysk

K and would you recommend a refurbished monitor. isn't their no difference accept it is cheaper. The reason is, is that i can probably upgrade my 23 inch monitor to a 25 or 26 inch one for the same price. Any ideas???

Higher chance of dead pixels/etc, if its a refurb there is a reason it was sent back to begin with- not working right. The 23" asus is a great monitor, and the 25" ones are the same resoloution, so they will be less sharp. Also, AMD is great at that price point, and since the future of socket 1366(core i7) is in serious doubts(due to core i5), and that socket 775 core 2 series will have no new releases, the am2+/am3 socket is the way to go at the moment.

Rawlaw

I will purchase these parts tomorrow and will put it together probably monday or tuesday of next week. Will need help then but until then thanks for all the help. Computer Forum ROCKS!

.sirhChris.

Hullo, Ryan (Rawlaw)! Thanks for the recommendation to this site.

It seems like a way better setup than the one I want to get, good luck building it :D

Rawlaw

Quick question, which one is better: Western Digital Caviar SE16 WD6400AAKS 640GB 7200 RPM 16MB Cache SATA 3.0Gb/s 3.5" Internal Hard Drive, or Western Digital Caviar Green WD10EADS 1TB 32MB Cache SATA 3.0Gb/s 3.5" Internal Hard Drive - OEM

Bodaggit23

Quick question, which one is better: Western Digital Caviar SE16 WD6400AAKS 640GB 7200 RPM 16MB Cache SATA 3.0Gb/s 3.5" Internal Hard Drive, or Western Digital Caviar Green WD10EADS 1TB 32MB Cache SATA 3.0Gb/s 3.5" Internal Hard Drive - OEM
32Mb cache will be quicker.

Btw, nice 5 post run you had on the last page. :rolleyes:

If you look closely, there is an "Edit" button on each of your previous posts.

That allows you to change or add to your previous post, without the need for multiple posts.

Rawlaw

Sorry about the posts i am still new at this. Would you recomend daul internal hardrives or one internal and one external???:confused: Also do you know any good cases for under 110$. I would like a full tower but i am not really finding one that i really like

Last edited:

Bodaggit23

Sorry about the posts i am still new at this. Would you recomend daul internal hardrives or one internal and one external???:confused: Also do you know any good cases for under 110$. I would like a full tower but i am not really finding one that i really like

Two internal drives in a RAID configuration would be quicker than a single drive.

Also, these are nice and very popular.

Antec Nine Hundred Black Steel ATX Mid Tower Computer Case ($99.99)
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811129021

Rawlaw

I just purchased this one. is it RAID configuration? Western Digital Caviar Green WD10EADS 1TB SATA 3.0Gb/s 3.5" Internal Hard Drive - OEM. And also i want a Full tower case not a mid one. Its within my budget to get one internal and one external hard-rive or two internals. Which one?

bomberboysk

I just purchased this one. is it RAID configuration? Western Digital Caviar Green WD10EADS 1TB SATA 3.0Gb/s 3.5" Internal Hard Drive - OEM. And also i want a Full tower case not a mid one. Thanks

No, thats a single drive. Two drives can be run in a raid configuration. A full tower case and a mid tower case are pretty much the same thing except for height, and depending on some cases, a good mid tower is better than a full tower case. Whats your budget for a case?

.sirhChris.

Two internal drives in a RAID configuration would be quicker than a single drive.

Also, these are nice and very popular.

Antec Nine Hundred Black Steel ATX Mid Tower Computer Case ($99.99)
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811129021

RAID cards cost a sh-t load to buy, so for his purposes it would be best if he stuck with a single drive.

It depends, dude. Do you want to take info with you? Get internal/external. If not, internal is the way to go.

bomberboysk

RAID cards cost a sh-t load to buy, so for his purposes it would be best if he stuck with a single drive.

Well, if you have a motherboard with onboard raid you dont need a card... a card is better/faster/more reliable, but i run fine with onboard...

Rawlaw

I'm pretty satisfied with the case you showed me before but i think i might want to switch because it no longer has free shipping. It's the XCLIO A380PLUS-BK Fully Black 1.0mm SECC/ ABS ATX Full Tower Computer Case - Retail. Or maybe should i get XCLIO Blackhawk Advanced Black Finish 0.8 mm SECC / ABS Plastic ATX Full Tower Extreme Cooling Computer Case - Retail. I am pretty sure they are the same price since the second one is free shipping. Which one is better?

Here's my list
https://secure.newegg.com/WishList/MySavedWishDetail.aspx?ID=15732507

Anything i can change? I wanted to do the thing that you put two sticks of ram on your mobo. I think that's called the mobo. I will be using it for near perfect gaming. I want it to be silent. I also will be using it a little for work though if it's a gaming computer i am pretty sure it will do work.

Last edited: