First time builder

bomberboysk

How do you post a screenie? I want it to be 30- or 40 bucks cheaper. If not possible then i will keep it as it is.

Print screen, go into paint, paste, upload to photobucket, then copy the [ img ] tags with the url from photobucket, and paste to the forum.

Well if you have vista use the sniping tool otherwise on xp use print screen command on your keyboard above the arrow keys and paste the pic in paint and then upload it on image shacks and then post the screenshot

Rawlaw

Any significant difference? And also with the monitors, do i really need 23 inch or 21.5 is basically the same. Also i kind of want the buttons to be on the front not the side

Last edited:

Rawlaw

so the ram u just showed me is faster? Because the ram i have is timing is 9-9-9-24 while the one you showed me is 8-8-8-21. Which one

Last edited:

2048Megabytes

In my opinion It really depends on the price of the memory you are looking at. A one number difference in the CAS latency is going to make very little difference in performance.

I generally go with "Super Talent" or "Patriot" brand RAM because it is manufactured in the United States. It is sad that most of our manufacturing is being sent overseas or out of the country.

bomberboysk

so the ram u just showed me is faster? Because the ram i have is timing is 9-9-9-24 while the one you showed me is 8-8-8-21. Which one

Lower = Faster, thats the latency, just as the same less time is better, think of latency as time to access the memory.

In my opinion It really depends on the price of the memory you are looking at. A one number difference in the CAS latency is going to make very little difference in performance.

I generally go with "Super Talent" or "Patriot" brand RAM because it is manufactured in the United States. It is sad that most of our manufacturing is being sent overseas or out of the country.

Well, actually super talent memory is made in both china and the usa, patriot without a doubt is probably the best memory out there, but for the price you cant beat g.skill,corsair,etc and super talent has good prices on alot of their products too.

Last edited:

bomberboysk

Its a touch smaller, and 1920x1080 vs 1920x1200, up to you whether an inch and a small increase in resolution is worth the $40 or so.