First time builder

bomberboysk

Like i said before i have one lying around. It looks like
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16812120306

Is their any good decorations for my computer u know of. I tried looking at those cold neon light tubes but the reviews said it had problems like short wires and heats up and makes too much noise

Well, the case has blue led fans in it already. Some point in the future you may wanna think about painting the interior of your case black, looks really nice with the blue led's.

Trio

Just get any that's rated the best on newegg, like these:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produ...&bop=And&ActiveSearchResult=True&Order=RATING

Stick them anywhere in your case. I hid mine on the top side of the removable side panel and bottom side. You could also get UV cathodes and buy UV reactive wires so they glow. Take a look at this Apevia PSU (it's just an example, stick with the one you've chosen already):

17-148-030-01.jpg

under UV light, the green wiring glows. You could also do UV traces on your motherboard. It's basically drawing the copper traces on your motherboard with a UV pen, so when the UV light hits it it glows. Here's a pic:

circuitsdone2hg.jpg

Tracing the motherboard will void the warranty.

bomberboysk

Just get any that's rated the best on newegg, like these:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produ...&bop=And&ActiveSearchResult=True&Order=RATING

Stick them anywhere in your case. I hid mine on the top side of the removable side panel and bottom side. You could also get UV cathodes and buy UV reactive wires so they glow. Take a look at this Apevia PSU (it's just an example, stick with the one you've chosen already):

17-148-030-01.jpg

under UV light, the green wiring glows. You could also do UV traces on your motherboard. It's basically drawing the copper traces on your motherboard with a UV pen, so when the UV light hits it it glows. Here's a pic:

circuitsdone2hg.jpg

Tracing the motherboard will void the warrant.

Not sure you would want to use a crappy power supply like that for one, and for two, why would you want to void your warranty as soon as you get your pc?

Trio

It was just a decorating suggestion :\. I said to stick with the PSU he chose and that the one I posted was an example.

bomberboysk

It was just a decorating suggestion :\. I said to stick with the PSU he chose and that the one I posted was an example.

Yeah i know, i was just commenting on the fact that alot of the decorating ideas out there arent the greatest. Although resleeving your power supply is a good way to customize it...

Rawlaw

I browsed through most of the items with lights on them but all of them said they had problems with heat. I was even thinking of one that hooks up into your computer and when your using the program that displays colors as it plays music it will display the same colors on the light, but according to the ratings it didn't work. Though i think i will paint my case. I got loads of time.
:cool:

2048Megabytes

I would get a surge protector that has an indicator light that shows if the surge protector is doing its job. Some surge protectors just become extension cords after a while offering no protection at all from a power surge. One wouldn't know if a surge protector is doing this (become faulty) because there is no way to tell until the damage has been done.

bomberboysk

I browsed through most of the items with lights on them but all of them said they had problems with heat. I was even thinking of one that hooks up into your computer and when your using the program that displays colors as it plays music it will display the same colors on the light, but according to the ratings it didn't work. Though i think i will paint my case. I got loads of time.
:cool:

Yeah, when you do that you will want to almost totally disassemble your case, taking out fans, front cover, plastic, etc. Sand it, primer with rustoleum primer, then spray with a nice flat black on the interior. Comes out nice when done;)

Rawlaw

When i purchase it, it will be the best time to paint it. No scratches, dust etc. And i said for the surge protecter the one above was like the one i have. Mine does have a light that says wether or not it is in full working condition. When The case comes in i will inquire u about how to exactly paint it. So is everything good?

Last edited:

Rawlaw

Sorry for double posting but i find that most people answer my first question in my paragraph not all of them. My dad just told me that we want a new wireless routers. Unfortunately i cant seem to find it under the categories in Newegg any ideas? I want top of the line gaming router for roughly 150$? Think that's enough?

Rawlaw

Lol what's cough supposed to mean!?!?! Also is that one dual channel? Also my monitor went out of stock know any other good ones?

Last edited:

bomberboysk

Lol what's cough supposed to mean!?!?! Also is that one dual channel? Also my monitor went out of stock know any other good ones?

It means i was giving you a link to routers... What you mean dual channel? Routers arent dual channel... thats a term used for memory...

Rawlaw

New problem my friend said that my video card is good for movies not games? He also stressed sapphire. Once again i don't care about the free game.

just a noob

ok, so you're going to get a 4890? ask your friend what he's smoking, and brands really don't make much of a difference aside from warranty(i would suggest an xfx 4890 in that case)