Folding@Home: CF Official Discussion Thread

Jet

VIP Member
MyCattMaxx, what are you folding on? You'll be mowing me before long at that rate!

I saw a 4P for sale on another forum...so tempted to jump on it, but I'm holding off until 2014 or later. Can't beat 450k-900k PPD and well over 1000PPD/watt.

Jet

VIP Member
Almost to 100k PPD gentlemen! We just need one more consistent folder. We have a deficit of ~5000 PPD--even a Core 2 Quad or a GTS 250 can get this much.

Virssagòn

VIP Member
How to do this lol? Never heard of this, but I got some unused pcs around here. (Xeon x3220 and athlon x2 5000+ and maybe my old pentium laptop. I could run these 24/7..)

MyCattMaxx

Well, Well, Well.
Looky at who we have on the radar scope.

4Chan_zps0e134dea.jpg

MyCattMaxx

How to do this lol? Never heard of this, but I got some unused pcs around here. (Xeon x3220 and athlon x2 5000+ and maybe my old pentium laptop. I could run these 24/7..)
That Xeon should give you some decent points, the x2 5000+ is good for maybe 3.5k points a day.
The Pentium may not be worth the power if it could complete the work unit in time.
Go here and install FAH.
http://folding.stanford.edu/English/HomePage

MyCattMaxx

Is this only on windows. I got ubuntu on the xeon currently...
Can I run all my systems on 1 account or something?
There is Ubuntu, I run that on my Folders.
What Ver of Ubuntu are you using? 10 or 12?
Yes, all can run under the same name and passkey.

ETSA

Simply boot the pc, download the software, and upon setup enter you computerforum login name, so we know who you are. Than under team name enter the team name for CF, on the first page of this thread.

MyCattMaxx

Simply boot the pc, download the software, and upon setup enter you computerforum login name, so we know who you are. Than under team name enter the team name for CF, on the first page of this thread.
On all the versions that I have used over the many years you enter the team number, not the team name.
Ours is 44358.

Jet

VIP Member
I can't make out the info, pic is too small.
So how is it going?

~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hey Gooberman, Welcome back to the Fold. :good:

Great output there Gooberman. Keep it coming!

I've been down to my i7 as of late (instead of i7+2x5830s), and ironically my PPD isn't too much lower than it was before. My second computer that nets up to 8k PPD has been having some issues--I thought stability problems were due to the CPU, but not so.

Virssagòn

VIP Member
Maybe I'll let my i7 2600k, i7 920, i7 3770, athlon x2, core2duo, xeon, hd6870, hd7950, 8800gt, i5 540m and i7 2670qm all fold together the first day ;P