Folding@Home: Hit a personal milestone? Share it here!

Jet

VIP Member
Nicely done. Looks like you're gonna knock me off top. :( :D
I'm amazed at how many points you're getting just running your CPU.
We might just break the 300 mark this year!

We well break 300 this year, and most likely by Christmas. Originally I thought it would be by the 18th, but not quite.

It'll take me a while to catch up with you if I ever do :p

ScottALot

I'm near 85th :D

I got like 3000 points cuz I left my computer on (completely on purpose ;) ) when I went to see Avatar. Avatar... GREAT movie! 3D was amazing.

Bodaggit23

It'll take me a while to catch up with you if I ever do :p

I meant PPD average. You'll pass me soon enough in overall points too, if I keep losing big units like I have the past few weeks.

ANOTHER big unit, 54% this time, failed to resume after shutdown. Major bummer...

cudenver

I meant PPD average. You'll pass me soon enough in overall points too, if I keep losing big units like I have the past few weeks.

ANOTHER big unit, 54% this time, failed to resume after shutdown. Major bummer...
]

I have been having lots of trouble with the big adv client, In the beginning It was shutting down at about 13%, so I got some advice and upped the voltage,
this has seemed to help, but now I need to complete 10 work units, before i can run the big adv flag, but i dont know what 10 units is, ( does it have to fold until 100%, sending work, and do this for 10 times, :eek:,

but overall this folding thing is fun, I am not looking forward to the electric bill when it comes, I am running 24/7 now.

just my rant,

Bodaggit23

] i dont know what 10 units is

It is fun, and addicting!

To get 10 units done so you can get the bigadv bonus points, run this command until you have 10 units complete:

./fah6 -smp 8

This will run 1920 point units, and it should take 2-3 days to complete all 10 units. Let it run 11 or 12 just to be safe.

When you complete a unit, and it starts another, it will tell you how many units have been completed.

Jet

VIP Member
Congrats everyone! We're finally in the top 300....and quickly rising, thanks to our ramp up in November which is still holding out! Thanks to all those who have joined over the past few months and are keeping this train rolling.

We're at 75k per day right now, but 100k is definitely possible--we just need another i7 user to step up :D.

Bodaggit23

299th place!! Woot! Nice job everyone!

Perspective:
299th out of 6,000 teams listed!!
We're on page 3 of 60 pages of teams listed!!!

Can't wait to get my new RAM. Bummed I can't run the -bigadv units.

My GPU's running strong though, and I reconfigured my VM client to run some
1920 units with 3.8Gigs of my Dual Channel RAM for now. :eek:

Puts me at about 14,000 ppd.

Last edited:

ScOuT

VIP Member
Congrats to everybody...this is a great team to be a part of! This team is small but has the ability to put out some points.

I remember for months and months we were at about team rank 350 and would go up a few then back down a few, it almost did not move. It puts a smile on my face watching the points stack up and the team rank climb higher.

I think the month of November changed Folding for CF forever:D Your exactly right about that one Jet;)

Just remember...you may never see the effects of what we are doing but generations down the road will benifit from our computers doing research.

Fold for all of humanity:)

G25r8cer

I think the month of November changed Folding for CF forever:D Your exactly right about that one Jet;)

Just remember...you may never see the effects of what we are doing but generations down the road will benifit from our computers doing research.

Fold for all of humanity:)

Agree

The month of Nov really helped us out

Lets keep up the good work guys

Anyone have a dedicated folding rig? Im going to build one with my x-mas money. Im setting a goal of atleast 8k ppd for my rig. Not much but, its going to be running 24/7 and im gonna keep a budget of $400

Last edited:

Bodaggit23

My first million.

Hyperthreading for Humanity. :good:

cert.php