Folding@Home: Hit a personal milestone? Share it here!

ScOuT

VIP Member
900,000 Points:D

certphp-2.jpg

mep916

Administrator
Staff member
Nice one Scout. How's your wife and son doing with the clients? Have they figured it out yet?

ScOuT

VIP Member
Nice one Scout. How's your wife and son doing with the clients? Have they figured it out yet?

Well...my wife is doing good with my rig. I got the GPU client to run at start up...she starts the smp client every time.

My daughter still forgets to start the CPU and GPU client every time. I can not figure out how to start them with Windows. I have tried for about a week now. Windows XP does not wanna play Folding for me :(

The only problem is...my display driver crashes every time in the first ten minutes. My card then runs at reduced speeds...drops my PPD in the 4000 range. If I disable the card in device manager and start it again...it will run for days without crashing wide open at about 8,500 PPD. Now I just gotta teach her how to work the fix:(

Last edited:

cudenver

boo, my folding machine is missing a cpu and ram. so no folding until newegg gets me my i7. my ppd is really taking a hit. my mac book gets ?? ppd per day, dam slow, I cant get FahMon to work either.
dont know if i should mess with the smp client.

aviation_man

boo, my folding machine is missing a cpu and ram. so no folding until newegg gets me my i7. my ppd is really taking a hit. my mac book gets ?? ppd per day, dam slow, I cant get FahMon to work either.
dont know if i should mess with the smp client.

I'd just try the SMP client if I were you.. At least it's something. It's all I use now, and it hasn't failed me once.

Bodaggit23

My one month anniversary since I've started folding.

Top 10 on our team, 350,000 points, almost 450 work units.

Thank you Intel. :D And thanks to Jet and Mep for the getting
me running the "bigadv" VM client for uber points.

Also thanks to everyone that still folds everyday. :good:

Our team is 313 of 168970...not too shabby for our this little forum.

Lets try to break into the 200th place mark before the end of the year!!!

Anyone can fold!

anbo369

sahweet!!!

not that i am actually capable of that at the moment...

currently running:
2.4ghz pentium 4
512mb ram
64mb graphics card (don't ask what it is)
and a kick as blue fan!

anbo369

say i got a build with a Phenom II X2 550 BE and a 512mb ati 4850 with 2gb ram. how many PPD would you estimate me to get? 100/200? (running both gpu and cpu client)

hopefully i will have it before the end of the year :D

G25r8cer

say i got a build with a Phenom II X2 550 BE and a 512mb ati 4850 with 2gb ram. how many PPD would you estimate me to get? 100/200? (running both gpu and cpu client)

hopefully i will have it before the end of the year :D

Ati cards dont fold that well

It also depends if your folding the cpu under vmware or not

My 955be only get about 900ppd w/o vmware

My 8600gt gets about 1600-1800ppd