FS: Computer Parts

Geoff

VIP Member
I noticed that the ddr ram that omega was selling has CL2.5 written on it. I was wondering if you could possibly tell me what that is.
It's part of the timings of the RAM. I can't explain it to well, but if you would like to find out more, start a thread on it.

It's for Michelle's computer, her PSU is stuttering
If you're really interested, send me a PM.

Saurian

Received the package today. It actually came on Monday. Let me just say for those who haven't bought from him before - AWESOME. The ram came in his Patroit memory case from his recent rebuild, then inside of bubblewrap, inside of a parcel package, inside of a box. Quite secure if you ask me! Must have spent like 8 or 9 bucks on shipping it, box and shipping included.

Geoff

VIP Member
Received the package today. It actually came on Monday. Let me just say for those who haven't bought from him before - AWESOME. The ram came in his Patroit memory case from his recent rebuild, then inside of bubblewrap, inside of a parcel package, inside of a box. Quite secure if you ask me! Must have spent like 8 or 9 bucks on shipping it, box and shipping included.

I always take pride when I ship things out, dont want them to get damaged :)

And ya, I used the same packaging the RAM for my new build came in :p

Saurian

It was a good idea!

I installed it in all of about 20 seconds, my Vista score on ram went from 2.9 (512MB) to 4.1 (1GB). As Borat would say.....NNnnnniiiccceeee.

Thank you much!

SirKenin

banned
Omega, are you negotiable on that VGA and HDD at all? Including shipping?

There's a possibility I might take both, but I need your bottom line on each with shipping, and the bottom line on both together, also with shipping.

Geoff

VIP Member
Omega, are you negotiable on that VGA and HDD at all? Including shipping?

There's a possibility I might take both, but I need your bottom line on each with shipping, and the bottom line on both together, also with shipping.

The VGA is on ebay, so you would need to bid on that. I dont want to go much if any lower on the hard drive, but if you buy both we can work something out.

SirKenin

banned
Hmm. I won't deal with Ebay at all. Just one of my principles. I'll go check it out though... Maybe I can make an offer in here and if it's acceptable I can post the bid there and you can close the auction. Or, wait and see if the bidding goes higher. It's not a must have for me, but for the right price I'm interested. As for the HDD, I'm a wee bit leary on it because Hitachi has had a coloured past, but nonetheless for the right deal it would be good to grab and throw into one of my machines.

I'll head over to Ebay and see what's up first.

SirKenin

banned
How do you ship? Air, ground or courier? And will you ship to Canada? I believe the Post Office repaired both snowmobiles.

I looked at the price of new X850 Pros and I am prepared to make an offer.

Geoff

VIP Member
Hmm. I won't deal with Ebay at all. Just one of my principles. I'll go check it out though... Maybe I can make an offer in here and if it's acceptable I can post the bid there and you can close the auction. Or, wait and see if the bidding goes higher. It's not a must have for me, but for the right price I'm interested. As for the HDD, I'm a wee bit leary on it because Hitachi has had a coloured past, but nonetheless for the right deal it would be good to grab and throw into one of my machines.

I'll head over to Ebay and see what's up first.
Why dont you deal with eBay? You know it's be whos selling it, you dont have to worry about getting scammed.

How do you ship? Air, ground or courier? And will you ship to Canada? I believe the Post Office repaired both snowmobiles.

I looked at the price of new X850 Pros and I am prepared to make an offer.
I normally ship USPS Priority. I dont know the fees for Canada yet, so i'm not sure, but im guessing USPS Global Priority. I'll look into it for you.

SirKenin

banned
[-0MEGA-];521114 said:
Why dont you deal with eBay? You know it's be whos selling it, you dont have to worry about getting scammed.

I normally ship USPS Priority. I dont know the fees for Canada yet, so i'm not sure, but im guessing USPS Global Priority. I'll look into it for you.

Sounds good. Me and Ebay have issues. I dunno. As far as USPS, you'd be shipping to L4N 1T1 if that helps you at all.

fade2green514

[-0MEGA-];511216 said:
It's part of the timings of the RAM. I can't explain it to well, but if you would like to find out more, start a thread on it.

basically CAS latency does effect gaming by a few fps here and there. its a latency, sort of like a lookup time for a hard drive...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Memory_latency

the memory runs more stable at a higher latency and a lower frequency, but runs faster at a lower latency and a higher frequency.
you can look at latencies as waiting times, only in nanoseconds. the less time you wait, the more time you have to send bytes of information.

Geoff

VIP Member
basically CAS latency does effect gaming by a few fps here and there. its a latency, sort of like a lookup time for a hard drive...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Memory_latency

the memory runs more stable at a higher latency and a lower frequency, but runs faster at a lower latency and a higher frequency.
you can look at latencies as waiting times, only in nanoseconds. the less time you wait, the more time you have to send bytes of information.

I know what it is, I was saying I cant explain it very well. And why are you quoting something so many pages back?

SirKenin

banned
Well, if you accept Mastercard I'm willing to take that VGA off your hands. I found a buy it now one brand new on Ebay for $129.00. That's the ATi version.

I'll offer $90USD shipped for it if you're interested. I think I'll hold off on the HDD idea. I'm still a little leary on Hitachi. Let me see what kind of bullshit WD puts me through for RMAing this piece of crap I have now and then I'll take it from there, because I'll need another one to replace it.

If you don't accept plastic let me know and I'll see about a US money order.

Geoff

VIP Member
Well, if you accept Mastercard I'm willing to take that VGA off your hands. I found a buy it now one brand new on Ebay for $129.00. That's the ATi version.

I'll offer $90USD shipped for it if you're interested. I think I'll hold off on the HDD idea. I'm still a little leary on Hitachi. Let me see what kind of bullshit WD puts me through for RMAing this piece of crap I have now and then I'll take it from there, because I'll need another one to replace it.

If you don't accept plastic let me know and I'll see about a US money order.
Would you be able to buy it via eBay? Because I already have it listed there and it looks like the sale is going to be very good.

SirKenin

banned
I really don't feel comfortable with Ebay. Let me think about that one today, ok? It's nothing against you... Just a personal grudge against that system. Not your fault.

Geoff

VIP Member
I really don't feel comfortable with Ebay. Let me think about that one today, ok? It's nothing against you... Just a personal grudge against that system. Not your fault.

I wish I could just take it off, but then I have fees and such I would still need to pay. It's already going for $51 on ebay with over a day left and 31 watchers, so I'll keep it on there.

But if the buyer decides not to pay or something, (like the last several buyers), then i'll let you know.