Future Gaming PC Need Help!

Ankur

How do I know which one is 6bs and which one is a 3bs port? Will all the fans work? I need three system fans and one cpu fan?
Which board did you choose at last? As I read this thread again and I did not see any board except the H77.

Knut

Which board did you choose at last? As I read this thread again and I did not see any board except the H77.

I will end up using the GA-Z77X-D3H, it supports three fans however does this include the cpu cooler, the case which I am using which is a Cooler Master HAF 912 plus uses 2 fans, I want to add an optional fan and that equals 3 fans, then I also have my cpu cooler, so what I mean is, Does this mobo come with 3 system fans and one cpu fan or only 2 system fans and one CPU fan, thanks for the help.

Knut

Oh and although this isnt super relative to this thread, this would be my first build and although I have searched 100's of websites and videos I still dont have an understanding of how hard itis to build a computer, I think I can do it, but has anyone built one and could give me a level of difficulty thanks

Ankur

I will end up using the GA-Z77X-D3H, it supports three fans however does this include the cpu cooler, the case which I am using which is a Cooler Master HAF 912 plus uses 2 fans, I want to add an optional fan and that equals 3 fans, then I also have my cpu cooler, so what I mean is, Does this mobo come with 3 system fans and one cpu fan or only 2 system fans and one CPU fan, thanks for the help.
Yea it supports upto 3 case fans apart from the CPU fan header, I'll suggest a fan controller for more fans, but for 2-3 use mobo.
Oh and although this isnt super relative to this thread, this would be my first build and although I have searched 100's of websites and videos I still dont have an understanding of how hard itis to build a computer, I think I can do it, but has anyone built one and could give me a level of difficulty thanks
Basically you have take care of static current, just ensure you keep touching grounded metal objects consistently during the build.
watch this video, this will help you in building
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d_56kyib-Ls
[UT]d_56kyib-Ls[/UT]

spirit

Staff member
The board comes with no fans because the case should have fans already. The CPU will come with a cooler.

Knut

Yea it supports upto 3 case fans apart from the CPU fan header, I'll suggest a fan controller for more fans, but for 2-3 use mobo.

Basically you have take care of static current, just ensure you keep touching grounded metal objects consistently during the build.
watch this video, this will help you in building
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d_56kyib-Ls
[UT]d_56kyib-Ls[/UT]

Already watched this video but thanks for the tips

So it supports 3 fans and then the CPU fan aswell? thanks

Knut

Ok I think this is the final question, I need a mechanical hardrive along with my ssd and I dont know which one to use, I dont need anything more than 1tb and should be pretty fast but nothing insane. I have a 500 gb external hardrive so I only need like 500gb to 1tb of space. Any ideas?

Last edited:

Knut

So here is the final build:

Cooler Master HAF 912 plus
Gigabyte GA-Z77X-D3H
Core i5 3570k
Corsair 600 watt CX V2
8 gigs of Corsair Vengeance
Club 3D 7850
Seagate Barracuda 1tb 64 mb cache hardrive
Crucial m4 128 gbs
LG GH22NS Optical Drive
Fractal Design Silent 140 mm fan
DVI to VGA adaptor (I have a VGA monitor)

Total Cost:

1,090.51 US dollars (1015 Swiss Francs) Not the best price but they have free shipping.

Am I missing something (I have OS monitor Keyboard and Mouse)

Any final suggestions? Will the adapter affect the performance of the card? I just have a VGA monitor thats why, ones I get the money I will be getting a dual link DVI anyway.

Ankur

Don't use analog VGA, get a monitor soon and get a CPU cooler if you are going to overclock, rest everything looks good.

spirit

Staff member
Yeah got a cooler such as the 212+ if you wanna overclock.

I'd buy a better branded 7850. MSI, Sapphire, XFX. All good.

Knut

Yeah got a cooler such as the 212+ if you wanna overclock.

I'd buy a better branded 7850. MSI, Sapphire, XFX. All good.

The Twin Frozr costs 260 dollars is it worth it, remember I am not going to be absolute hard core gaming, whats better the Club 3D 7850 royal queen or the Saphire 7770 OC edition, or how about the Saphire HD 6970. The 7770 is cheaper than the but only by 4 dollars, but you do get a dongle with that one so then I save 16 dollars. Thanks

Knut

Don't use analog VGA, get a monitor soon and get a CPU cooler if you are going to overclock, rest everything looks good.

Will the VGA adoptor still work though? They dont have the hyper 212 plus here but I am thinking of getting the Arctic Cooling Freezer 13, seems pretty good and is 35 dollars, seems good to me...

wolfeking

banned
So here is the final build:

Cooler Master HAF 912 plus
Gigabyte GA-Z77X-D3H
Core i5 3570k
Corsair 600 watt CX V2
8 gigs of Corsair Vengeance
Club 3D 7850
Seagate Barracuda 1tb 64 mb cache hardrive
Crucial m4 128 gbs
LG GH22NS Optical Drive
Fractal Design Silent 140 mm fan
DVI to VGA adaptor (I have a VGA monitor)

Total Cost:

1,090.51 US dollars (1015 Swiss Francs) Not the best price but they have free shipping.

Am I missing something (I have OS monitor Keyboard and Mouse)

Any final suggestions? Will the adapter affect the performance of the card? I just have a VGA monitor thats why, ones I get the money I will be getting a dual link DVI anyway.
Do not waste your money on that case unless it is less than $30 USD. Look for something that is actually quality built, with front panel connectors that are not 3 inches short, and with some thought in cable management.

Knut

Do not waste your money on that case unless it is less than $30 USD. Look for something that is actually quality built, with front panel connectors that are not 3 inches short, and with some thought in cable management.

Anything you suggest over that case? I just liked it cause of the red led (Lol)

wolfeking

banned
the HAF does not have a red LED.

and something by Corsair, Fractal Design, NZXT, or BitFenix would be a lot better.