Future Gaming PC Need Help!

spirit

Staff member
I'd go with the TX 750.

How much does the Crucial M4 cost? Or maybe the SanDisk Extreme? Or the Samsung 830 or the 840?

Knut

Sandisk Extreme= 123 bucks
Crucial M4= 123 bucks (Isnt this one quite slow with only 415 read and 175 write?)
Samsung 830= 138
Samsung 840= 138
Kingston Hyperx 3k= 140

The sandisk extreme is a 120gb.

About the TX 750, I dont think I need 8 molex so I think ill stick with the Cooler Master one.

spirit

Staff member
OK go for the SanDisk drive.

The Crucial M4 is fast! Read and writes aren't everything.

Knut

I think I switched my opinion on the power supply after reading some bad reviews online on the cooler master, however the TX750w was not that much better so I decided to go with a slightly more expensive Hale 82 750w semi modular power supply.

spirit

Staff member
I would have honestly just gone for the TX 750.

The M4 is fast too. Believe me, I had one!

Knut

The thing with the TX 750 is that it is not modular, and although it offers a nice amount of cables, sometimes it can be too much with 8 molex when a power supply is not modular. I like the hale 82 because it seems to have really nice reviews. About SSD's the funny thing now the kingston hyper x 3k is on sale... Sorry for wasting your time on that part :p

Last edited:

Knut

I was however looking at the TX 750M but having troubles finding out how modular it is. How many cables are attached and so on because I cant find any videos or anything, if I can find some, Ill definately go with the 750M because it is a lot cheaper.

spirit

Staff member
I think the TX 750M is semi modular. But the Hale will be fine, it's an NZXT PSU isn't it?

Knut

At the same time however the hale is so expensive here compared to in th states and over 40 dollars more expensive than the TX750 M. Besides the Tx 750 m has the supplementary cables attached which I will be using so it seems like its a great power supply after researching... Definitely a lot cheaper than the hale...

Ankur

If you haven't bought the PSU then go for Corsair AX 760, 760i or the seasonic X750, they are all modular and Gold rated.

Last edited:

Knut

Dude the bad thing is though that where I am they have none of the ones you suggested... Sorry :p Is the TX 750M that bad though? It has all the cables which I absolutely need already installed, plus a few molex. Then I can add the ones I need in the future, to me it seams fine for the price.

Knut

What do you guys think of the 750M? Later on I am thinkin of getting a Noctua NH-D14, will this fit? and is it any good?

I really need to decide on a PSU, on corsairs website it said the TX750M could not overclock more than 4.4 GHZ

Thanks

Last edited:

Knut

Anybody? I know the TX 750 is better, is it hard to hide the cables? if I can place them behind the side panel, thats why i took that case over any other...

Would the Noctua NH-D14 fit in the case?

Thanks