Future Gaming PC Need Help!

spirit

Staff member
Yeah if you install Windows on the SSD it will boot from the SSD and then you wipe your other disk in Windows. The drive shouldn't affect system speed so long as you're not trying to run programs from it.

Knut

Push-Pull will be the best config.

Would I have to get a secondary fan for push pull, it only comes with one. If I install this in the rear of the case, how should I position the fan which was there before?

Ankur

Would I have to get a secondary fan for push pull, it only comes with one. If I install this in the rear of the case, how should I position the fan which was there before?
Yea you need a secondary fan, the fans would be at both side of the radiator and the one with higher RPM will pull the air from the rad.

Last edited:

Knut

Will the H60 cool the cpu well for Overclocking? What size fan do you reckon for the secondary fan, should it also be mounted at the back of the case? Should the air be pulled from the inside of the case or from outside?

Oh and finally, since I am going with the Asus 7850 will a 600 W Corsair CX power supply still cut it?

Thankyou so much for the help! Really appreciated!

Ankur

Will the H60 cool the cpu well for Overclocking? What size fan do you reckon for the secondary fan, should it also be mounted at the back of the case? Should the air be pulled from the inside of the case or from outside?

Oh and finally, since I am going with the Asus 7850 will a 600 W Corsair CX power supply still cut it?

Thankyou so much for the help! Really appreciated!
Yea the h60 is good enough, but what case are you going for finally, H80 and H100 are anytime better.
Ok you are fine with a 120mm fan, mount it inside the case.
like case wall->fan->rad->fan
it should exhaust air outside the case.

Knut

I just added it all up its 1100 dollars! Thats I will end up going with the:

i5 3570K
Gigabyte GA-Z77X-D3H
Corsair Vengeance 2 X 4 Gigs
Asus 7850
Kingston Hyper X 3k
Fractal Design Arc Midi
Corsair 600 w CX builder series
Corsair H80
Corsair Builder Series 600 W

I think the build is good, and I dont see why I should go for a H60 because I want to be future proof and its only another 25 dollars. Are there any other things to change? Thanks for the help with the build, I hope I end up with a good looking computer.

Another reason for me to go with the ARC Midi is that it has a fan controler which takes the 3 fans and then lets them go to molex which gives me space on the mobo for other fans.

Do you guys think that the case needs more than the 3 fans provided? the H80 will be mounted where the rear exhaust fan was mounted previously, where should I mount the fan which is taken away? At the bottom, top or another at the front?

Thanks for the help.

Knut

Yea the h60 is good enough, but what case are you going for finally, H80 and H100 are anytime better.
Ok you are fine with a 120mm fan, mount it inside the case.
like case wall->fan->rad->fan
it should exhaust air outside the case.
Since I end up going for the H80 which comes with 2 fans, which I will mount in the rear of the case.

Sould I mount the fans like this

(Fan pushing <- this way exhasuting out the case) (Radiator) (Fan pulling from inside the case, through the radiator)

Or am I wrong, Sorry I didnt really understand your explanation.

Ankur

Since I end up going for the H80 which comes with 2 fans, which I will mount in the rear of the case.

Sould I mount the fans like this

(Fan pushing <- this way exhasuting out the case) (Radiator) (Fan pulling from inside the case, through the radiator)

Or am I wrong, Sorry I didnt really understand your explanation.
Yea
<----- air flow direction
| |
<------ |fan pulling|rad|<-------fan pushing air into rad
|from rad |

Knut

Another reason for me to go with the ARC Midi is that it has a fan controler which takes the 3 fans and then lets them go to molex which gives me space on the mobo for other fans.

Do you guys think that the case needs more than the 3 fans provided? the H80 will be mounted where the rear exhaust fan was mounted previously, where should I mount the fan which is taken away? At the bottom, top or another at the front?

Thanks for the help.

What about this?

spirit

Staff member
Answer to first question: no. Don't add the other fan unless you need/want to.

Answer to second question: yes, I already confirmed that a 600W would be enough.

Knut

Ok thankyou! Oh and sorry I dont think anybody answered this, will the speed of the secndary hard drive affect the speed of the operating system games etc? Also, where should I mount the fan that remove from the back exhaust when I install the H80?

Last edited:

spirit

Staff member
Ok thankyou! Oh and sorry I dont think anybody answered this, will the speed of the secndary hard drive affect the speed of the operating system games etc? Also, where should I mount the fan that remove from the back exhaust when I install the H80?

I already told you where to mount the fan. Nowhere, unless you need it. The case already has 3 fans, that should be enough.

The speed of the secondary hard drive shouldn't affect the speed of the OS or anything so long as it's installed on the SSD, but if games are installed on the hard drive then yes, it will affect speed.

Knut

Yes I know, but since I am mounting the H80 in the rear where a previous fan was situated, where should I position the fan which I took away? Should I only use 2 fans?

Thanks for replying about the hard drive, really appreciated =)