Gaming Laptop on a 1400$ Budget

Rawlaw

I have looked around on a computer and am starting to lean a little towards a laptop for obvious reasons. I'm looking for a fast laptop that will allow me to use it for fast internet, work, and of course gaming. I looked through a bunch of laptops on newegg and was not impressed. Any ideas?

bomberboysk

An alienware would be a pretty much base model though.... Something like this would suit you well:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16834152099

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?skuId=9172511&type=product&id=1218043606827

Just to the OP- since you are thinking about a laptop...just remember they arent as upgradeable as desktops, mainly due to the price your gonna pay for the parts. You could build a desktop with dual 4890's, quad core Phenom II processor, and 1tb hdd for $1400...

bomberboysk

Why not the specs look exceptional. The laptop u showed me will allow me to max?

I shoulda rephrased. For that price the specs are alright, but in a laptop in this price range.. its not gonna be anywhere a comporable desktop. You might get crysis on medium/medium low or so settings with these kinda laptops.

bomberboysk

How much money will allow me to get a laptop that plays most games on highest settings?

Most games.... Id say at least another $1k or so on absolute high settings, but the laptops you specced here would play medium/medium high on alot of games. Thats what sucks about laptops is the over pricing compared to similar desktop components.

=Woot, 3300th Post=

Last edited:

bomberboysk

Will it allow me to max out halo2 crysis etc while still leaving some room for upgrading?

Halo2 yes, crysis no.(The only thing thats gonna max crysis would be a high end desktop btw) (Crysis would run though on high settings with 2-4x AA, but maybe not "very high" settings..)

Last edited:

oregon

No, you really cannot upgrade a laptop other than add more RAM, but that really doesn't do much anyway.

My advice, only get a gaming laptop if you really must. They're bulky=heavy to carry around, they run hot, they drain the battery like nothing else, and they're going to be way more expensive than a non-gaming laptop or desktop. And the performance will never be great.

For the price of a gaming laptop, I would get a lower end normal laptop and a solid gaming desktop PC.