Gaming Laptop on a 1400$ Budget

bomberboysk

They want it because i would have more mobility, the option to take it with me on trips etc.

Well, you realize they get pretty warm, those dc inverters for cars cigarette lighters wont power a gaming laptop, they are heavy, and the battery life is pretty bad on a gaming laptop... After owning a higher end gaming notebook a few years back, ill never touch another laptop unless its just a cheap one for internet/etc...

bomberboysk

Rawlaw

Fast internet? Good for work. Because i don't want it to take let's say a minute to boot up etc.?And i kind of wante it to be a little lighter

bomberboysk

Fast internet? Good for work. Because i don't want it to take let's say a minute to boot up etc.?

Pretty much any laptop will take the same amount of time to boot up, that depends on alot of factors such as what you have starting with the laptop(eg- aim, msn, xfire, things that start with windows, the more of those you have the longer it takes). Any modern notebook will have "fast internet", that is more dependant on your internet connection than the notebook itself.

WeatherMan

Why not buy a cheap netbook for say $250, You get the portability for trips, make your parents happy.

You then have $1000+ to spend on a desktop that you can build how you like, maxing most games, keeping you happy.

Newegg have a EEEPC900 for $199 right now

Rawlaw

i don't get the purpose of a net book what's the difference between it and a notebook or even a laptop and i want to do some work on it. do netbooks even have hard-rives?

Last edited:

bomberboysk

Rawlaw

k, it will still run halo on it o.k.? And it's still a bit heavy for my taste. I'm willing o pay another hundred bucks in order to loose an extra two pounds

Last edited:

oregon

I don't think you can really just "pay a hundred" to lose weight. You will probably have to go for a netbook but those are really small and not so powerful. Great for internet or Word, and maybe even old halo though.

bomberboysk

k, it will still run halo on it o.k.? And it's still a bit heavy for my taste. I'm willing o pay another hundred bucks in order to loose an extra two pounds

5lbs is right around where any small notebooks are gonna be as far as weight..