gaming mouse

Mr.Suave

lol "pain in the ass"
oh ic ic lol never seen that b4
i hate batteries in anything. just my opinion, but having to rely on a non-continous power source like a battery sucks. if i can just have it plugged in and get 24/7 power (providing i dont have a power failure in my house) i'd rather do that.
well i understand that, me i hate wires, they just make me soo mad. i dont really mind switching the batts becuase it only takes a second.

bigsaucybob

thats true but some of the new mouses also are rechargeable so when ur not using ur mouse u just start charging it up.

Curt

bigsaucybob said:
thats true but some of the new mouses also are rechargeable so when ur not using ur mouse u just start charging it up.

Yeah when I build my media PC for my living room I am going to get a cordless rechargeable mouse so when no one is using it, it can just sit on the cradle. :cool: As far as a gaming mouse, well I wouldn't want a cordless one for that. I say Copperhead. I would love one of those and I don't game that much. Right now I have a Mircosoft optical and I hate it. The plastic is cheap feeling, the side button are poorly placed and easy to hit accidently.

bigsaucybob

they have wires but they arent attached to the mouse and dont get in the way. i was just reading reviews for the razer copperhead and one person said that in order for ur settings to be in effect u have to have the software running in the background? is this true?

Last edited:

4W4K3

VIP Member
bigsaucybob said:
they have wires but they arent attached to the mouse and dont get in the way. i was just reading reviews for the razer copperhead and one person said that in order for ur settings to be in effect u have to have the software running in the background? is this true?

I can't remember the last time i had my mouse wire got in the way, it's behind my desk...nothing bothers it lol.

It's this way with many mice, especially wireless ones. I'm not usre if you HAVE to have the software installed, but if this is true, it's more than likely just a driver service that runs all the time. It's not like it's going to be taking up vital system resources.

shupola

I'm not usre if you HAVE to have the software installed

nope, its called "Plug n Play"

i am using a logitech, and i never installed the software that came with it. i just plugged it in and started playing.

Mr.Suave

bigsaucybob said:
no, well from my understanding you dont. razer just gives you a software that lets you program the buttons and have diifferent profiles. for example you could have different button layouts from when you play one game from another.

As far as a gaming mouse, well I wouldn't want a cordless one for that.
wats wrong w/ wireless? wireless technology for mice is much better now unlike b4. take for instance many people use the mx1000 for gaming when it was never ment for it but ppl dont have a problem. Now with the G7, no one has to worry. but i see how people might doubt wireless becuase they hear about the lag and watnot but those happen to the cheap mice.

check it out
copperhead:source
1000 Hz Ultrapolling™ with 1 ms response time as compared with 125Hz/8 ms response time used by other conventional gaming mice
G7:source
Full-speed USB + 2.4 GHz cordless
4X faster than conventional mice, USB delivers blazing speed and instant acceleration. With a 5X** stronger connection, 2.4 GHz wireless "bulletproofs" the G7 against lags and interference dropouts.

4W4K3

VIP Member
Mr.Suave said:
wats wrong w/ wireless? wireless technology for mice is much better now unlike b4.

They still require power, and for a gamer swapping out batteries is a big inconvenience. Problems with connectivity are common as well in most any wireless device (not for everyone, but prevelant). And not to mention, no matter how small or minisclue it may be, wireless devices are still no match for wired when it comes to response time. I think it was jan who pointed out, most of the top gamers, use wired mice.

bigsaucybob

wat color wuld look the best with the copperhead? blue, red or green. if i choose blue i can get it from my local best buy for cheaper than newegg.com has it.

Mr.Suave

bigsaucybob said:
wat color wuld look the best with the copperhead? blue, red or green. if i choose blue i can get it from my local best buy for cheaper than newegg.com has it.
make it match the color of your room, comp, or keyboard. like if you have blue lights from your comp get blue.

Mr.Suave

They still require power, and for a gamer swapping out batteries is a big inconvenience.
wires can be a inconvenience...and taking a few secs to switch a small bat isnt a big inconvenience but an inconvenience no less. (pause the game when you switch batts, or if playing online FPS, hide bhind a wall or switch while your dead...)
Problems with connectivity are common as well in most any wireless device (not for everyone, but prevelant).
like i said only happens to cheap wireless mice that arent ment for gaming.
wireless devices are still no match for wired when it comes to response time.
did you not read
G7:source
Full-speed USB + 2.4 GHz cordless
4X faster than conventional mice, USB delivers blazing speed and instant acceleration. With a 5X** stronger connection, 2.4 GHz wireless "bulletproofs" the G7 against lags and interference dropouts.
and isn't a coventional mice wired?
I think it was jan who pointed out, most of the top gamers, use wired mice.
well seeing how the G7 is fairly new and it's the first wireless mouse ment for gaming(that i kno of), of course wired is used more....

to me it seems your making out wireless as bad bad thing when its not all that bad. all im saying is dont rule out wireless mice. there will be more wireless mice for gaming in the future and may become the standard like how wired mice are.

4W4K3

VIP Member
Mr.Suave said:
to me it seems your making out wireless as bad bad thing when its not all that bad. all im saying is dont rule out wireless mice. there will be more wireless mice for gaming in the future and may become the standard like how wired mice are.

Dear god, i hope wireless does not become the standard. If it does, I will have to stick old school with wired. There is far more potential for problems in the wireless world. Wired mice are the standard because they work well and have very few problems (if any). Compare returns/exchanges/RMA's of wired mice compared to wireless mice...wireless is far from being dependable on a large scale.

"**Compared to conventional 27 MHz wireless." They are comparing them to old wireless mice, not wired mice.

fade2green514

go logitech g5 if youre right handed :) getting wireless is pointless unless u sit far away from your computer really. especially since the g5 has a special flexible material that never pulls on the mouse, the cord isnt coated with rubber! :)
g5 is laser, 6.4megapixels per second processing, and on the fly sensitivity changing... in addition it has special gaming feet under it, and a cartridge so you can choose how much it weighs! VERY good mouse! unless your left handed... lol