Gaming pc build with GTX 1070

Tim Burr

Hello fellas, First post here!! I've been out of the loop as far as new hardware goes, so I need some help with what to buy.

After I got a new Samsung monitor with 2560x1080 rez, my GTX970, AMD FX-6350, and 8 gigs GSkill ripjaw ram seem lacking with new games... Basically it's time for a new rig! I like to buy good deals and I'm not looking for twice the price for only a little extra performance.

I was checking out this this package deal from Newegg http://www.newegg.com/Product/ComboBundleDetails.aspx?ItemList=Combo.2543214

This who CPU with integrated graphics confuses me, I will not be using it. Is it a waste? I see great reviews of the i7-6700K 4.0, but Is there a better choice for the money?

And a GTX 1070 when it's available again. I will also need a new PSU, the cheaper the better, but I don't want crap.

I'm good with my SSD, and large HDDs, case, keyboard and mouse.

Please point me in the right direction, My budget is not a problem, but as I said, I like to buy good performance for a good deal......

THANKS!!

Calin

Don't worry about the integrated graphics. all k series CPUs have it. You can go with an i5 if you want and save some money, the gaming performance won't suffer that much. For the PSU I highly recommend Seasonic. Since you're aiming for a higher end build you might aswell go with a fully modular 80+ Gold PSU. You don't really need more than 650w.
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817151088

Intel_man

VIP Member
Don't worry about the integrated graphics. all k series CPUs have it.
Well technically speaking, no. That's not true. All skylake CPUs have it, not all k series CPUs.

*Only talking about latest 6th gen Intel CPUs. The older 5th gen, 4th gen and so on non-enthusiast tiered Intel CPUs also had integrated graphics.

Calin

Well technically speaking, no. That's not true. All skylake CPUs have it, not all k series CPUs.

*Only talking about latest 6th gen Intel CPUs. The older 5th gen, 4th gen and so on non-enthusiast tiered Intel CPUs also had integrated graphics.
For whatever reason I thought there were i7s with no iGPUs... guess they were the Xeons

Tim Burr

What?? LOL

Come on fellas you both can obviously give me great advise!!!

Whats the deal?????

I can afford the best, but i want the best deal.....

Tim Burr

YA, I can afford it, but it seems like a BIG wast of money...... I want the good deal my friend! I saw the i7-6700K with the same FPS as the big bucks Intel Processors for gaming. I was surprised of it really..

I don't need anything fancy. With the motherboard all I have is a SDD and a couple HDDs, a blu-ray dvd drive and the GTX 1070 I will buy, and nothing more. I usually buy a micro ATX because it's all I have needed.

Is this deal BS or what? http://www.newegg.com/Product/ComboBundleDetails.aspx?ItemList=Combo.2543214

Thanks for your help!!

Punk

Staff member
Well you're missing a graphic card and a PSU (although you said you were getting the 1070?). For the PSU, I highly recommend Corsair modulars.
For gaming you really don't need an I7 but if you want to have the extra power you can keep the I7. Do you have an ATX case already or are you looking for one too?

spirit

Staff member
Since you seem to have an unlimited budget you should really just get the GTX 1080 and have the best graphics card out there. I'd sooner put the money into a 1080 than a 6700K. A 6600K and a 1080 will be a better deal for you than a 6700K and a 1070 if gaming is all that matters to you. If you do CPU-bound stuff like graphics editing or video editing then yeah the i7 would be better because the GPU doesn't matter so much and the CPU does, but if you just want to game, then you want the 1080 and the i5 will be fine.

Tim Burr

Corsair modular of what wattage??

Really now? I looked at benchmarks and the GTX 1070 seems like the best deal, so much cheaper than the 1080 with great FPS???

Please give me links of what you fellas are recommending!!

So many choices, bahhh hahahaha

Thanks Guys!!

Tim Burr

Ohhh ok, But what about the newegg deal I posted above? Would you recommend it with the GTX 1070? Would that be good for new games?

Like far cry 4 at 2560x1080?

spirit

Staff member
OK here's an idea: come up with a budget and we can put builds together for you and you can see which you like best.

PSU wise a 600W would be fine.

Tim Burr

My budget is very flexible my friend, I don't want to waste money and want a good build for the cheapest possible..

I know, I know, It all comes down to how much I want to spend, But I don't want to pay 2x as much for 10% gain in gaming performance...

Punk

Staff member
My budget is very flexible my friend, I don't want to waste money and want a good build for the cheapest possible..
When does it starts to be a waste of money for you? 1000$? 2000$? 5000$? 10 000$? 100 000$? 1 000 000$? :)

Tim Burr

i think the 1070 will do me fine my friend!! With a CPU that won't bottle neck it... And about 16 gigs of ram?

Under 2Gs would be nice, but the cheaper the better!! I love a great price for performance!!