Getting a new comp, have around 1,500... Is this nice?

Spi1lz

34erd said:
The X1900XT will produce noticable difference over the 7900GT, but if it doesnt fit in your budget the 7900GT is a great choice. Just if you can squeeze it in to your build, the X1900XT is a great card. If you dont buy the audigy sound card (your motherboards integrated sound is sufficient for most tasks), and get a 4200+, this X1900XT should fit in. If you have some extra money, consider changing the motherboard to an ASUS A8R-MVP.
With that...

This is what it comes out to...

(sorry, don't feel like deleting all the jibber jabber between the stuff)

home > My Shopping Cart
Returns | Privacy | Security
Clear Cart Move Cart to Wish List Save Cart Print Cart EmailEmail Cart
CD/DVD Burners (RW Drives)
Qty. Product Description Unit Price Savings Total Price

Update
NEC 16X DVD±R DVD Burner Black IDE/ATAPI Model ND-3550A - OEM
Model #: ND-3550A BK OEM
Item #: N82E16827152058
Remove item from Cart Remove Save Save Move To Wish List
$37.99 $37.99
ATX Computer Cases

Update
ASPIRE X-CRUISE -BK Black Steel ATX Mid Tower Computer Case - Retail
Model #: X-CRUISE -BK
Item #: N82E16811144151

$10.00 Mail-in Rebate
$69.00 $69.00
Internal Hard Drives

Update
Western Digital Caviar SE WD2500JS 250GB 7200 RPM SATA 3.0Gb/s Hard Drive - OEM
Model #: WD2500JS
Item #: N82E16822144417
$89.00 $89.00
Monitors - LCD

Update
AG Neovo AGM CW-19 Black 19" 4ms (GTG) Widescreen LCD Monitor - Retail
Model #: CW-19
Item #: N82E16824163130
** This item is warranted through the product manufacturer only. what's this?
**Dead Pixels Policy: Replacement or Refund for 8 or more dead pixels only.
$239.99 $239.99
AMD-compatible Motherboards

Update
ASUS A8R-MVP Socket 939 ATI Radeon XPRESS 200 CrossFire ATX AMD CrossFire Motherboard - Retail
Model #: A8R-MVP
Item #: N82E16813131584
$98.00 $98.00
Video Cards

Update
SAPPHIRE 100149SR Radeon X1900XT 512MB GDDR3 PCI Express x16 Video Card - Retail
Model #: 100149SR
Item #: N82E16814102004

$30.00 Mail-in Rebate
$450.00 $450.00
Power Supplies

Update
Rosewill RP550-2 ATX 2.01 550W Power Supply - Retail
Model #: RP550-2
Item #: N82E16817182017

$15.00 Mail-in Rebate
$64.99 $64.99
Keyboards

Update
Sunbeam Multimedia Green Illuminated EL-KB-09-BKGN Black PS/2 Keyboard - Retail
Model #: EL-KB-09-BKGN
Item #: N82E16823178108
$17.99 -$2.00 Instant
$15.99
Mouse

Update
Sunbeam FireLine Optical Mouse MS-2011-BK-BL Black 3 Buttons 1x Wheel USB Optical Mouse w/Blue Light - Retail
Model #: MS-2011-BK-BL
Item #: N82E16826178003
$8.99 -$2.00 Instant
$6.99
Memory - System

Update
G.SKILL Extreme Series 2GB (2 x 1GB) 184-Pin DDR SDRAM DDR 500 (PC 4000) Unbuffered Dual Channel Kit System Memory Model F1-4000USU2-2GBHZ - Retail
Model #: F1-4000USU2-2GBHZ
Item #: N82E16820231021
$192.00 -$35.00 Instant
$157.00
Processors

Update
AMD Athlon 64 X2 4200+ Manchester 1GHz HT Socket 939 Dual Core Processor Model ADA4200BVBOX - Retail
Model #: ADA4200BVBOX
Item #: N82E16819103547
$357.00 $357.00
Subtotal: $1,585.95
What's this? Tax: $114.98
Shipping
Zip Code:
GO

*Enter your Zip Code and select a shipping option to determine your shipping cost.
Shipping: $62.72
Redeem Gift Certificates
Claim Code:
Security Code: Redeem
Gift Certificates: $0.00
Apply Promo Code
Promo Code: Apply

*This cart qualifies for No Payments for 6 Months with Newegg.com Preferred Account* Total: $1,763.65

34erd

Looks good, feel free to change the case to whatever you want. What happened to your original budget of $1500? I guess once you subtract the monitor and 30 MIR it comes $1500.

Jet

VIP Member
flush01, you really aren't being very nice in your manner of approaching things. Acting stuck up really tends to make people not like you. Basically you've just kicked out the rest of the people on this forum and have used flattery to make Spi1lz think that your ideas are right.

I tend to agree with 34erd, the 512 extra cache isn't worth it. Go with the 1900XT is the deal right now in that price/performance bracket. Of course, if you are looking to save the extra cash and absolutely can't get the X1900XT, than the 7900GT isn't too bad, though in a year it won't perform as well as the X1900XT

Spi1lz

34erd said:
Looks good, feel free to change the case to whatever you want. What happened to your original budget of $1500? I guess once you subtract the monitor and 30 MIR it comes $1500.
Heh...

Wanted it to be 1500, but all hell broke loose and it didn't end up being that way...

Rah...

:(

Dr Studly

banned
Jet said:
flush01, you really aren't being very nice in your manner of approaching things. Acting stuck up really tends to make people not like you. Basically you've just kicked out the rest of the people on this forum and have used flattery to make Spi1lz think that your ideas are right.

I tend to agree with 34erd, the 512 extra cache isn't worth it. Go with the 1900XT is the deal right now in that price/performance bracket. Of course, if you are looking to save the extra cash and absolutely can't get the X1900XT, than the 7900GT isn't too bad, though in a year it won't perform as well as the X1900XT
so would you guys a agree with my original stuff?

Encore4More said:
heh, man if you want to get something WAY better than that... build it... professional builds are not better (in the case if you built it would tear the computer to shreds, if u get these parts and build)
if you are nervous about not knowing how to build read this and also the motherboard manual will have picture by picture instructions... and you can't mess anything up by forcing stuff because everything only goes in one way...

if you want a WAY better machine for the money then get these parts and assemble them:

$1458

(the Ram is DDR500 but it will underclock to DDR400 to work with the mobo...)

so that computer would be a major beast feast compared to the other one you were thinking of buying

Encore4More said:
he is saying get this processor instead
and then get this video card...

IMO that would be good

Spi1lz

That is pretty much what I have... With the change in video card and ram... (i think)

Plus the LCD monitor...

Gets me to where I am... around 1700

flush01

Jet said:

i wasnt acting stuck up, 34erd was sticking it to me with his "oh first of all use edit botton" ... like who cares if i posted twice you know what i mean ?

and the guy is on budget, he simply doesnt need that $500 card (all he wants for now is to play doom 3 on high, which $150 card will do).... but whatever, i suggested and it's for him to decide...

Dr Studly

banned
Spi1lz said:
I have an XP cd... Won't need to buy it again...
ok, then what you should do take out the OS from the configuration and get this video card instead...

flush01 said:
i wasnt acting stuck up, 34erd was sticking it to me with his "oh first of all use edit botton" ... like who cares if i posted twice you know what i mean ?

and the guy is on budget, he simply doesnt need that $500 card (all he wants for now is to play doom 3 on high, which $150 card will do).... but whatever, i suggested and it's for him to decide...
hmm... $150 card will do for doom 3... so? every game gets old buddy...;)
whats gona happen when he wants a newer game? then he'll be f-ed up with his $150 card...
anyone that like gaming needs a $500... it is just a matter if they can afford it... im not bashing people that can't afford a $500 (i couldn't afford one!) but there is no such thing as having a video card that is to good if your a gamer... so a X850XT could play basically every game that is out now on full graphics... but will it play the games that come out in the next months on full graphics? prolly not... that is why there is no such thing as a card that is to good if you are a gamer... even if he is into Doom 3 at the time... he will want something l8er

Last edited:

Dr Studly

banned
get one of these depending on what your budget allows:

if you have no more than $400 left to spend... get this video card:
ATI Radeon X1800XT 512MB - $389 ($339 after mail-in rebate)

if you have no more than $450 left to spend get this video card:
SAPPHIRE Radeon X1900XT 512MB - $440

if you have no more than $500 to spend, get this video card:
SAPPHIRE Radeon X1900XTX 512MB - $489

if you are willing to spend extra to get the best gaming card availible:
eVGA Geforce 7900GTX 512MB - $540

and that dell is a somewhat decent machine, but it will have trouble gaming... and is terrible compared to what i configured for you...

Edit: after looking at the dell closely... it sucks compared to what i configured....

Last edited:

Spi1lz

I am iffy about building my own comp... Heh...

The one I am on now was build by me and my friend... And is horrible...

Blew the stock power supply that came with the case right off the bat... Damn thing has trouble starting up... Takes forever... (literally like 5 mins minimum) Even after a fresh format, the damn thing still sucks... Not to mention it is slow... Really slow... It was fast when I got it, but that went downhill fast...

bigsaucybob

Encore4More said:
get one of these depending on what your budget allows:

if you have no more than $400 left to spend... get this video card:
ATI Radeon X1800XT 512MB - $389 ($339 after mail-in rebate)

if you have no more than $450 left to spend get this video card:
SAPPHIRE Radeon X1900XT 512MB - $440

if you have no more than $500 to spend, get this video card:
SAPPHIRE Radeon X1900XTX 512MB - $489

if you are willing to spend extra to get the best gaming card availible:
eVGA Geforce 7900GTX 512MB - $540

and that dell is a somewhat decent machine, but it will have trouble gaming... and is terrible compared to what i configured for you...

Edit: after looking at the dell closely... it sucks compared to what i configured....

1. I think with your budget you could pull out an X1900XTX. Maybe

2. Yea as Encore said, that dell wont be very good for gaming. The GPU's that you can select are nice, but the Intel Dual Core will hold you back.

Blew the stock power supply that came with the case right off the bat... Damn thing has trouble starting up... Takes forever... (literally like 5 mins minimum) Even after a fresh format, the damn thing still sucks... Not to mention it is slow... Really slow... It was fast when I got it, but that went downhill fast...

Well with the computer some of us have listed out for you, i dont think its gonna be too slow. The PSU's that come with cases are terrible. Thats your friends fault for not knowing that, he obviously didn't come to CF before building his comp.

Dr Studly

banned
Spi1lz said:

you won't get that on this machine... your friend just picked some bad parts... it isn't that someone professional building it will make it better... he just picked bad parts... i beleive most ppl would back me up that the system i configured for you will serve you well...

bigsaucybob said:
he obviously didn't come to CF before building his comp.
:p

Last edited:

Spi1lz

Ehhhh, don't I need a PCU fan or something?...

So, this is 100% what is needed for my comp? Nothing more, nothing less?