Getting a new comp, have around 1,500... Is this nice?

Dr Studly

banned
Spi1lz said:
Ehhhh, don't I need a PCU fan or something?...

So, this is 100% what is needed for my comp? Nothing more, nothing less?
PSU fan? nah, it has a fan in it... and yes, this will be all you need (for fans, if you went with the case i showed you, that comes with 2 fans, then the processor comes with a fan and heatsing, and the video card and PSU have their own fan)

bigsaucybob

If you mean:

PSU fan: The PSU has fans in it, then as said above you case comes with them

CPU fan: As said above you CPU does come with one, but if your interested in using it without a CPU fan. Not a good idea.

Spi1lz

Yeh... hah... Meant CPU...

Hmmm... I got to check into this vid card stuff...

Not sure on how much I want to spend...

Dr Studly

banned
Spi1lz said:
Yeh... hah... Meant CPU...

Hmmm... I got to check into this vid card stuff...

Not sure on how much I want to spend...
yea, but i would def. get one of the ones i pointed out... just get w/e matches your budget the best

Spi1lz

In another forum this guy mentioned this...

"the gskill ram is good for overclocking. the X2 4200+ is a peculiar choice.. maybe try to up that to a 4400+ and downgrade the ram to pc3200 with tighter timings.. this way no need to overclock."

should I do that?

EDIT: Doing this costs too much... Just checked... Can I be capable of clocking? And it is better to clock? or get something that times right?

Last edited:

Dr Studly

banned
Spi1lz said:
In another forum this guy mentioned this...

"the gskill ram is good for overclocking. the X2 4200+ is a peculiar choice.. maybe try to up that to a 4400+ and downgrade the ram to pc3200 with tighter timings.. this way no need to overclock."

should I do that?
no... that guy really doesn't know what he is talking about. You can't overclock a 4200+ to a 4400+ because the have the same clock speed... the 4400+ just has a bigger cache which doesn't matter in gaming very much

34erd

Like Encore4more said you cant OC a 4200+ to 4400+ speeds, because they run at the same frequesncys.

EDIT: Doing this costs too much... Just checked... Can I be capable of clocking? And it is better to clock? or get something that times right?
I assume your talking about RAM. Thats a tough question, but usualy higher frequencys win over lower latencys (timings). Normaly, your going to need to overclock to take full advantage of your RAM, but all revesion E CPUs (i.e. your CPU) have dividers capable of running DDR500 on a stock CPU if you wish to do so.

Spi1lz

So this is the final computer you guys have helped me pick out...

If you disaprove with anything... SPEAK NOW or forever hold your peace... :)

NEC 16X DVD±R DVD Burner Black IDE/ATAPI Model ND-3550A - OEM

ASPIRE X-CRUISE -BK Black Steel ATX Mid Tower Computer Case - Retail

Western Digital Caviar SE WD2500JS 250GB 7200 RPM SATA 3.0Gb/s Hard Drive - OEM

Acer ET.L5209.005 Black 19" 8ms Widescreen LCD Monitor - Retail

ASUS A8R-MVP Socket 939 ATI Radeon XPRESS 200 CrossFire ATX AMD CrossFire Motherboard - Retail

SAPPHIRE 100149SR Radeon X1900XT 512MB GDDR3 PCI Express x16 Video Card - Retail

Rosewill RP550-2 ATX 2.01 550W Power Supply - Retail

Sunbeam Multimedia Green Illuminated EL-KB-09-BKGN Black PS/2 Keyboard - Retail

Sunbeam FireLine Optical Mouse MS-2011-BK-BL Black 3 Buttons 1x Wheel USB Optical Mouse w/Blue Light - Retail

G.SKILL Extreme Series 2GB (2 x 1GB) 184-Pin DDR SDRAM DDR 500 (PC 4000) Unbuffered Dual Channel Kit System Memory Model F1-4000USU2-2GBHZ - Retail

AMD Athlon 64 X2 4200+ Manchester 1GHz HT Socket 939 Dual Core Processor Model ADA4200BVBOX - Retail

That's it... And would anyone happen to know any Newegg coupon codes?

Spi1lz

K guys, the order has been places last night...

Will prolly recieve it by Saturday considering we are talking about NEWEGG here... heh

So, I will be posting again with regards to building it... And overclocking...

Spi1lz

My comp is coming on monday...

BUT...

At school some kid was saying that a 550W power supply wouldn't be capable of handling my computer... (the one mentioned in this thread)...

Is this true?

34erd

If you decide to go crossfire, I would go for a PSU with more power (not necasarily watts), but for single card that should be fine.

34erd

Should be fine for what you have now, but if you get another card for crossfire, I would get a better PSU.

Spi1lz

O... I never thought ya needed 2 cards to do that. Wouldn't there be a way to like split a card? So it can send to 2 monitors without getting 2?