Good?

AainaalyaA

9 1/2 weeks? Who? Ian or Chroder? LOL
I bet Ian has already watched it... though I haven't... can't figure out why she does what she does though...

Praetor

Administrator
Staff member
A couple points on what you've got
- Drop the mobo to the P4P800 series and cut the price dam near in half. The i875 is seriously overrated (compared to the i865PE which is what the P4P series is based on)
- Also consider upping the proc to the P4C-2.8: a lot more stock performance and an increased OC cap for not all that much (actually I found a place in t-dot where the 2.8C was $4 cheaper than the 2.6C ... odd)
- For a system of the calibre you're running, you'll definitely want to coinsider 1GB (whether it be 4x256 or 2x512)
- I'm with Ian on the HDD, definitely get a bigger drive there :) You can get a WD 80GB 8MB drive for $85
- For the vidcard, possibly the Radeon9800SE for $180 (grab the 256bit model if possible), the extra 4 pipelines will make a difference
- For the CDRW, definitely reconsider; a LiteOn/ASUS 52-32-52 can be had for $45/$50 and give a world more of performance and functionality

A couple more points:
- Get a solid HSF regardless of whether you want to OC or not (yeah yeah you live in Canada but it's only cold in the winter :p). Something along the lines of a Polo735 for $50 will last you quite some time
- Also get a solid PSU regardless of whether it comes with a case or not (dont forget to get a good case too!)
- Some chassis fans would be nice too

Have you managed to talk someone into getting it for you?
Nudge. :p

i am not a fan of intel, totally overpriced.
I'm inclined to agree.