Google+

bkribbs

alright ill get you in a second.

EDIT: Invites are officially open. hit me up with your email and I will send you one while they are.

Last edited:

bkribbs

Hmmm... trying to find where I can send out some invites to friends... but I seem unable to find the area..

It is usually on the main page, but its gone for now. It will be back later. But what you can do is go ahead and make them a circle, and type in their email addresses into the circle. Then once they are all there, go and post something, and share it with their circle, making sure the check box is checked for emailing them. Then they can try going to plus.google.com at various times, and eventually they can get in.

bengal85

Google+ thoughts and opinions

I recently received a Google+ invite from one of my twitter followers. I was at first very excited to get in and test out all of the cool stuff I had heard about. After about 10 minutes of messing around on Google+ I had come to the conclusion that the site could be cool in the future but as of right now there was still a lot that needed to be done. I also thought that the design was kind of plain and boring.

I am interested to know what you guys think about Google+? Will you make the switch from facebook?

Rlad78

I'd love to switch from Facebook to Google+. However, considering most of my friends aren't as "technologically advanced" as me, I doubt they'd leave something they already know and are comfortable with (and is much more popular), for something that they couldn't see why to change over too.

And without friends on Google+, well, it doesn't really work now does it?

So, I like it, but no. I don't think I'll be able to make the switch.

Troncoso

VIP Member
Well, considering it still in testing, it's not going to be as flashy as it might end up being. But what it has over facebook that I think is really awesome is seamless integration with all your other google functions including email, photos, calendars, and so on. Also the way it allows you to organize friends and whatnot is incredible. If it catches on, I very well may use it. Either way, I don't use facebook so there would be no transition to me. Here is some irony for you:

https://plus.google.com/104560124403688998123/about

bengal85

Well, considering it still in testing, it's not going to be as flashy as it might end up being. But what it has over facebook that I think is really awesome is seamless integration with all your other google functions including email, photos, calendars, and so on. Also the way it allows you to organize friends and whatnot is incredible. If it catches on, I very well may use it. Either way, I don't use facebook so there would be no transition to me. Here is some irony for you:

https://plus.google.com/104560124403688998123/about

I did see this. You do have a point with the seamless integration. For me I am still not sure about the security of all that. I would tend to think that they are not going to get it perfect on the first try. There may need to be several updates to the site before they get security perfect.