Google+

NyxCharon

I like it. The only thing it's missing for me is a messaging system, and some form of wall to make communicating with others easy. I'm a minimalist, so i like it. No app invites to delete, no game request to ignore, etc. I just want to be able to see what my friends are up to, see how the family is, and check out whoever I'm following, all of which i can control who sees what, which is exactly what i want.

So i'll be switching over, and most of the friends that i have on there feel the same, especially liking the integration thing. So once google adds a bit more, and it's open officially, i'll be avid user.

DMGrier

VIP Member
Google has a lot of things in ruff draft form right now, examples being this google+, Chrome OS and many other cloud services.

I did a test about a month ago on the Chrome OS and it is very nice and I liked it but it is still heavily in developement. It is getting there but still has a long way to go. If Google wants to make it they need to intergrate all there stuff together. Right now look at how many projects google has and very few of them run together smoothly example being Chrome OS and Android.

They will get there but it is going to take sometime and hopefully they hurry before useres lose interest.

PohTayToez

So far it seems to have most of the basic features of facebook and not much else. Honestly, I'm ok with that. I use Gmail, Picasa, and Google Docs all very frequently. I have an Android phone, I primarily use Google Chrome, and who doesn't love YouTube? If Google want's to take all their services and create on big social network I'm entirely ok with that. I like the Facebook service but I dislike Facebook as a company, and if Google wants to replace them I'm all for it.

bengal85

I like it. The only thing it's missing for me is a messaging system, and some form of wall to make communicating with others easy. I'm a minimalist, so i like it. No app invites to delete, no game request to ignore, etc. I just want to be able to see what my friends are up to, see how the family is, and check out whoever I'm following, all of which i can control who sees what, which is exactly what i want.

So i'll be switching over, and most of the friends that i have on there feel the same, especially liking the integration thing. So once google adds a bit more, and it's open officially, i'll be avid user.

I do agree that some sort of a wall feature and an inbox feature need to be added. Maybe the inbox feature would be a better way to streamline gmail...but thats just me thinking out loud

Troncoso

VIP Member
I do agree that some sort of a wall feature and an inbox feature need to be added. Maybe the inbox feature would be a better way to streamline gmail...but thats just me thinking out loud

That's probably their intention either way. To use g+ you have to have a gmail if I'm not mistaken. So if you want to private message someone you can send it straight to their email.

bengal85

That's probably their intention either way. To use g+ you have to have a gmail if I'm not mistaken. So if you want to private message someone you can send it straight to their email.

Really though if thats the case then it might be a good idea to sign up for another gmail account so that I can have one the acts as just my G+ inbox. I get a lot of email in a day and it all goes to this one account I would like to be able to keep G+ (or play) away from my work stuff...you know so I stay focused on the things I need to get done.

bkribbs

I went to the home page and joined right up, didn't need an invite.

I think sometimes they open it up like that. I'm not really sure what the deal is. But everyone that wants in manages to get in somewhat soon. So that's good.

bkribbs

Hit me up as well if you want to.

Everyone should post their profiles here so we can all find each other.

EDIT: mep, what's your profile?

Last edited:

mihir

VIP Member
I have mike added in my cofo circle.

And can anyone confirm that G+ os only for gmail accounts

voyagerfan99

Master of Turning Things Off and Back On Again
Staff member
Just created my account. Not too sure how I feel on it yet. I need to get used to it.

Quiltface

I just joined it the other day... it is kind of blah really... what i dont get is how i can add people to my circles that arent even on google+ can someone explain that to me. It is mainly blah because i only know like 3 people that are on it and they dont know all that many people either... This is what i want out of a social network... i want people to be able to send me messages or comment on my pictures... and I want to do the same to them... send them a message look at their pictures make a comment or 2 and then im done. I dont want to know what you said to someone i dont even know or vice versa. I dont want to join your mafia or visit your lame farm... i dont care if your in bed right now or buying a scarf from target. i dont need status updates of what everyone is doing i just dont care.

Troncoso

VIP Member
I just joined it the other day... it is kind of blah really... what i dont get is how i can add people to my circles that arent even on google+ can someone explain that to me. It is mainly blah because i only know like 3 people that are on it and they dont know all that many people either... This is what i want out of a social network... i want people to be able to send me messages or comment on my pictures... and I want to do the same to them... send them a message look at their pictures make a comment or 2 and then im done. I dont want to know what you said to someone i dont even know or vice versa. I dont want to join your mafia or visit your lame farm... i dont care if your in bed right now or buying a scarf from target. i dont need status updates of what everyone is doing i just dont care.

It sounds like google plus is a lot closer to what you want compared to facebook. then again

i want people to be able to send me messages or comment on my pictures... and I want to do the same to them... send them a message look at their pictures make a comment or 2 and then im done.

at this point you can use e-mail and deviantART or picasa....hell you can send messages through devaintART so there you go.

though

... This is what i want out of a social network... .

What you seem to be looking for isn't even a "social network".....

edit: oh and about your circle question, if I'm not mistaken, anyone with a g-mail technically has a g+, so you can add anyone with a gmail, the people just need to activate their g+ to use it....just a theory though