GTA V Next Gen Release Date

spirit

Staff member
Yep I heard about that.

Talk about cashing in on what will be a game that is well over a year old by then. :rolleyes:

But hey, at least it is coming to PC and the newer consoles!

Darren

Staff member
Yep I heard about that.

Talk about cashing in on what will be a game that is well over a year old by then. :rolleyes:

But hey, at least it is coming to PC and the newer consoles!

My guess is they ran in to some issues with PC porting and decided to wait. They realized how much they effed up on their last PC port and don't want a repeat. Also would explain why the trailer was recorded on PS4.

I'm looking forward to the new content too.

spirit

Staff member
My guess is they ran in to some issues with PC porting and decided to wait. They realized how much they effed up on their last PC port and don't want a repeat. Also would explain why the trailer was recorded on PS4.

I'm looking forward to the new content too.
Probably... s'pose it's better for the game to come out late but working well than quickly but full of bugs that take them a year to patch.

If it's not too expensive and the reviews are good (and if it'll run on a GTX 760 without giving my system a heart attack) then I'll probably get it at some point. It could be good fun. :)

Darren

Staff member
It'll run on your GTX 760, if IIRC the predicted recommended settings were basically about what our video cards are for respective brands. :p

And remember the new consoles run on what's basically a 7850 and I don't see Rockstar throwing PC a bone and upping it a lot just for the sake of it.

And seriously, it's probably my favorite game of the last 3 years.

spirit

Staff member
It'll run on your GTX 760, if IIRC the predicted recommended settings were basically about what our video cards are for respective brands. :p

And remember the new consoles run on what's basically a 7850 and I don't see Rockstar throwing PC a bone and upping it a lot just for the sake of it.
Very true. We'll have to wait and see but I should be OK.

I never played GTA IV but I heard it was a good game but the console port to PC was pretty poor. I hope this is better but as you said because it's coming out about 16 months after the original release it better had be!!

Darren

Staff member
Very true. We'll have to wait and see but I should be OK.

I never played GTA IV but I heard it was a good game but the console port to PC was pretty poor. I hope this is better but as you said because it's coming out about 16 months after the original release it better had be!!

I don't know what it was like on launch but I heard it was almost unplayable. Now it works pretty well but it doesn't run as well as it should considering your hardware and how old and meh it looks (in this day and age at least).

Even on my 7970 and my 8320 I'll drop in to the 20's framerate when driving through traffic. And that's with render distance at 60 out of 100. Also as I upgraded my computer from Phenom II -> 8320 and 7850 -> 7970 I didn't see much difference.

I tried GTA IV a few nights ago and it feels so clunky, dated, and unpolished compared to GTA V. It does however actually run at decent frames. I can never get over how poorly GTA V runs on my Xbox. It's almost always in the upper 20's framerate and will drop to the lower 20's when driving. It will also lag right before you're about to hit something. You're blazing through traffic and right before you're about to hit another car while going 130 mph the game realizes it and lags to calculate the collision and kills the FPS. That's really distracting.

Last edited:
I can never get over how poorly GTA V runs on my Xbox. It's almost always in the upper 20's framerate and will drop to the lower 20's when driving. It will also lag right before you're about to hit something. You're blazing through traffic and right before you're about to hit another car while going 130 mph the game realizes it and lags to calculate the collision and kills the FPS. That's really distracting.

I have this sitting around on Xbox 360 but havent touched it yet. I guess I should wait for the pc release. I think my CPU can handle it but may need a new graphics card.

Darren

Staff member
I have this sitting around on Xbox 360 but havent touched it yet. I guess I should wait for the pc release. I think my CPU can handle it but may need a new graphics card.

What are your specs?

I think it'd be worth play on your Xbox, especially if you're not crazy picky about framerate like me.

What are your specs?

I think it'd be worth play on your Xbox, especially if you're not crazy picky about framerate like me.

i-5 3570. Amd 7850. 16gb ram. That should cover the high points. It runs everything I have on steam at max graphics. The most recent is Skyrim, Hitman Absolution (which kind of sucks), and sims 3. Not sure how it would handle a few new games. Still looking to buy tomb raider and assassins creed 4 on sale one day.

Darren

Staff member
i-5 3570. Amd 7850. 16gb ram. That should cover the high points. It runs everything I have on steam at max graphics. The most recent is Skyrim, Hitman Absolution (which kind of sucks), and sims 3. Not sure how it would handle a few new games. Still looking to buy tomb raider and assassins creed 4 on sale one day.

I just upgraded from a 7850 to my 7970 and it's still a pretty respectable card. You should be able to play GTA V no problems on what I would guess about medium. Again that's just guesswork on my part but I'm pretty confident that's about right.

spirit

Staff member
Going to read the reviews first before I purchase. I don't want to pay for a game that runs like crap (like the last one apparently did) so I am hoping it runs well from the get-go. Waited long enough!

Darren

Staff member
Any of you planning on getting it on Xbone or PS4? I'd be interested to hear your thoughts on it once it launches.

I'm also really wondering about the System Requirements.

beers

Staff member
Any of you planning on getting it on Xbone or PS4? I'd be interested to hear your thoughts on it once it launches.

Maybe eventually for PS4. I'll probably Redbox it at some point just for a quick day or two fix. I dumped a decent chunk of time into the 360 version so should be interesting to compare.

G80FTW

I have a PS4 and I will be getting it on both the PS4 and PC when it comes out. I will be very interested to see how my current machine will handle GTA V. Like someone stated already, I do hope its not like GTA 4 for PC. But, I did read that the RAGE engine they used (which was new when they made GTA 4) wasnt actually designed to be a game engine, so they have had a few years to tinker with it hopefully by now its a much better engine. I figured they would have scrapped RAGE altogether and use a new engine for the next gen, but we will see how well this overhaul works.... I personally think RAGE is horrible. Its lack of AA support was a big killer for me.

GTA 5 might convince me to build a new machine, it is about that time anyway. But I havent run into a game that has caused me any problems yet performance wise. Was thinking about just upgrading my graphics card to a 980 or something, not sure how my CPU will hold up though as it wasnt great for gaming when it was new haha.

Last edited: