GTA V Next Gen Release Date

G80FTW

Franklin's hair is really detailed. That was the first thing I noticed. All the shots look fantastic. Too bad the hardware to run that kind of stuff is really really expensive for most consumers.

I dont think it looks any different from PS4 to be honest... maybe a little more refined with post processing but thats it.

C4C

Let's face it, the PC will always be better because there's less limits then on a console..

Especially in GTA V. We should expect to see really good shaders and shadowing compared to how it looked on the 360, and even next gen consoles. Personally, it looked great even on the 360/PS3 and I can't wait to see what's been done for PC.

Most screenshots you're gonna find are from demo trailers and don't actually represent in-game footage unless stated.

G80FTW

Doesn't even compare...

PS4:

PC:

I dont know what ps4 your playing on, but the difference to me is minimal. Draw distance may be significantly improved along with AA but in terms of textures and shaders, doesnt look any different to me.

Geoff

VIP Member
I dont know what ps4 your playing on, but the difference to me is minimal. Draw distance may be significantly improved along with AA but in terms of textures and shaders, doesnt look any different to me.
Do you see the detail in the buildings and objects? Look past the person, in the PS4 shot the car is basically just one solid color, same with the bus. Then look at the PC screenshot, you can see every single crack in the wall.

G80FTW

Do you see the detail in the buildings and objects? Look past the person, in the PS4 shot the car is basically just one solid color, same with the bus. Then look at the PC screenshot, you can see every single crack in the wall.

The car has little reflection because its matte. The cars have excellent reflections in the ps4 version. And i dont think the textures look any different to me.

Im not saying it wont look better, it will. Im just saying it probably wont be as big of a difference like it was going from ps3 to ps4.

Last edited:

C4C

I agree with G80 on this one.. The PS4 has essentially an AMD quad core with a 8GB R9 265 strapped to it..lol

Last edited:

Darren

Staff member
It's an 8 core I thought, coupled with a chip that was a modified 7870, which is a R9 270X I believe.

Geoff

VIP Member
I'll tell you though, I'm really not impressed with the Xbox One graphics. Coming from a 360, the difference in GTA V and COD: AW is not really that noticeable.

Troncoso

VIP Member
Really? I think the difference between the PS3 and PS4 version was pretty impressive. I just assumed the jump would be similar for XBox.

Geoff

VIP Member
Really? I think the difference between the PS3 and PS4 version was pretty impressive. I just assumed the jump would be similar for XBox.
Yup. Obviously the One is better, but for 10+ years I would have expected next generation graphics, it reminds me of what PC games looked like in 2008. I got the One as I was familiar with Xbox, and I already had a 360 so I could jump between the two on the same Live membership.

G80FTW

Yup. Obviously the One is better, but for 10+ years I would have expected next generation graphics, it reminds me of what PC games looked like in 2008. I got the One as I was familiar with Xbox, and I already had a 360 so I could jump between the two on the same Live membership.

Strange that the game wouldnt look the same on both consoles since its the exact same hardware.

C4C

You also have to keep in mind that it depends on how easily developers are able to access all that power.. We really didn't see the 360 being pushed until BF4 and GTA V came out.. By then developers had found the best way to optimize.

It could still be another year or two (or three) before we see the Xbone and PS4 reach peak quality.

Last edited:

G80FTW

This is so easily disproven I even wonder how you came under that impression. First google hit after searing "xbone vs ps4 hardware". CPU is similar. GPU is not. 7790 vs 7870 is pretty different.

http://www.extremetech.com/gaming/156273-xbox-720-vs-ps4-vs-pc-how-the-hardware-specs-compare

When did this happen? Last i heard they had the exact same hardware. Of course, last time i looked up specs were pre launch. Didnt care much after that. If they are indeed different, then i dont understand why. Obviously they both had a deal to use AMD hardware, did AMD decide to limit the xbox for some reason?

In any case, im glad i went playstation :) although as of now, i think xbox has much better games... i have all 5 of the games for ps4 haha.

And as for developers "getting used to" the console platforms, shouldnt be a problem like it was before since the hardware isnt special like it was before. Since its a typical computer processor, they shouldnt have issues. The software however, may be another thing entirely.

Last edited:

Darren

Staff member
When did this happen? Last i heard they had the exact same hardware. Of course, last time i looked up specs were pre launch. Didnt care much after that. If they are indeed different, then i dont understand why. Obviously they both had a deal to use AMD hardware, did AMD decide to limit the xbox for some reason?

In any case, im glad i went playstation :) although as of now, i think xbox has much better games... i have all 5 of the games for ps4 haha.

And as for developers "getting used to" the console platforms, shouldnt be a problem like it was before since the hardware isnt special like it was before. Since its a typical computer processor, they shouldnt have issues. The software however, may be another thing entirely.

That article was published Nov 22 of 2013. I thought it was pretty common knowledge that the PS4 was noticeably more powerful, although not really seen yet as most games run the same on them. I did see that BF4 is at 900p (1600 x 900) on the PS4 vs 720p on the Xbone.