GTA V Next Gen Release Date

Shane

Super Moderator
Staff member
God it's almost like they want to ship a complete and finished game.

if only every games developers were like this,So many PC games coming out in "Alpha" these days that charge you full price for the game,Then development really halts to a stop.

I have faith in Rockstar will do a good job with the PC version,Doubt il be getting it on PC when its released though as i already have it on PS4..il most likely pick it up at a later date when i can get it cheap and the modders have had plenty of time to figure out how things work and they can make stable mods for it.

Darren

Staff member
I'm still so ingrained into PC gaming that I will always take that as a preference. I didn't get a console until the past 2 years, and specifically to play GTA V and Forza 4. For most people I wouldn't recommend spending 60 bucks for it out of the gate but for me it's worth it.

G80FTW

God it's almost like they want to ship a complete and finished game.

Has nothing to do it with it.

Im not complaining at all about how long they spend on the game. I am complaining about them just spouting random dates that they never meet, or even come close to, or even get a finished product within the same year as the original date.

Its almost like Duke Nukem. I mean, my god. And that was a horrible disaster of a game, mostly because from what I hear it kept getting scrapped and started over and over until developers just said f-it and put something together in 15 minutes to please everyone.

Now, given that they have spent 2 years on the PC version of GTAV, I would expect to see an ENTIRE different game. But, we wont. We wont get 2 years of further development. What we better get, which I think might even be too much to ask for, is the same game that has absolutely no bugs.

Last edited:

C4C

I'm curious to see how lower end CPU's perform. (Why I haven't pre-ordered)

GPU power, shouldn't be an issue.

Darren

Staff member
I'm interested to see if it's even possible to run it on my laptop.

As far as bugs are concerned there will be some. No question. There's only so much a development team can do for bug finding and quashing without releasing the whole game. Having millions of users will find and isolate bugs that the devs wouldn't be able to find on their own.

Last edited:

Geoff

VIP Member
I don't know if I should pre-order or not. You get a ton of in-game cash if you do, but $60 is a lot when I already own it for the 360 and One.

Darren

Staff member
If I buy it, this will be the third time I spent $60 for GTA V. I bought it for the 360 on release day, than for the One, and now for PC.

This is my second but I also bought a 360 specifically for this game the first time around... Worth.

This game is the one thing that is getting me to explore 4k gaming rigs. Its expensive but I hope by the time I have the money some decent price drops will happen.

C4C

This game is the one thing that is getting me to explore 4k gaming rigs. Its expensive but I hope by the time I have the money some decent price drops will happen.

For sure.. There will probably be some price competitions if AMD ever decideds to release their next lineup of graphics cards.

Currently Nvidia's GTX 970/980 SLI setup seems to be the popular route..

spirit

Staff member
Currently Nvidia's GTX 970/980 SLI setup seems to be the popular route..

Do you know if the 760 is OK with this game? I've got a 4GB card and only at 1080p and I have my i5 overclocked so I assume it will be OK?

Darren

Staff member
Do you know if the 760 is OK with this game? I've got a 4GB card and only at 1080p and I have my i5 overclocked so I assume it will be OK?

Nobody does at the moment but you are definitely on the passing side of recommended system requirements. You'll be able to play it on high I'd wager but that's really just guesswork. Probably pretty accurate given how the game looks though.

spirit

Staff member
Nobody does at the moment but you are definitely on the passing side of recommended system requirements. You'll be able to play it on high I'd wager but that's really just guesswork. Probably pretty accurate given how the game looks though.

Ah I've only just noticed they've pushed the Windows release date back to the 14th. Wasn't it originally going to come out on January 27th for Windows? :confused:

Darren

Staff member
Ah I've only just noticed they've pushed the Windows release date back to the 14th. Wasn't it originally going to come out on January 27th for Windows? :confused:

Don't even get me started. It's been pushed back 3 times now if you include it being pushed past when the Xbone and PS4 came out. Just over a week away now and it's too "late" to push it again. Hopefully they'll let us preload because it's supposed to be HUGE.

spirit

Staff member
Don't even get me started. It's been pushed back 3 times now if you include it being pushed past when the Xbone and PS4 came out. Just over a week away now and it's too "late" to push it again. Hopefully they'll let us preload because it's supposed to be HUGE.

There won't be any excuses for glaringly obvious bugs or poor performance on good hardware then! ;)

Either they're trying to milk the last drop of hype that they can and cash in on a game that is now well over a year old or they want it to work flawlessly when it comes out for Windows. Let's hope it's more of the latter than the former, eh? :cool: :rolleyes:

Darren

Staff member
There will be some issues. No doubt. I expect it to run fairly well but that's about it. Bugs that are fixable I can deal with. Shitty performance 6 years after its release on much newer hardware is not acceptable. Yes I'm looking at you GTA IV.