GTA V Next Gen Release Date

Troncoso

VIP Member
I feel like I'm the only person in this thread that's actually excited about this. Now I guess there are two. :D

It's going to hit at 6PM Central time on Monday evening for me here in Kansas.

https://twitter.com/RockstarSupport/status/586548154918645761

Considering most people already played it on console over the past year and a half, there's not much to be excited about. I personally don't care for mods, so that doesn't appeal to me.

Darren

Staff member
I've played it and beaten it on my 360. Probably more excited now than I was for the original launch.

tylerjrb

I can't wait to play it, really looking forward to it tomorrow. Hopefully it plays as well as they say. Should look pretty awesome on 4k.

I played a little on the 360 but really want to get into it on the PC.

Renzore101

Just purchased it on Steam last night, super excited! Incredible how large games are getting these days. The 60 GB game folder is taking a sizable chunk out of my 2nd SSD. :eek:

Darren

Staff member
T Minus 6 hours and 29 minutes. My body is ready.

Just purchased it on Steam last night, super excited! Incredible how large games are getting these days. The 60 GB game folder is taking a sizable chunk out of my 2nd SSD. :eek:

I tried to clear off space on my SSD but it's only a 120GB with 111GB of usable space. If I did manage to squeeze GTA on there the drive would be completely full, not what you want for an SSD to maintain top performance.

Shane

Super Moderator
Staff member

Yeah i was quite shocked at the size,They're only going to get bigger too. :eek:

I really need to get an additional 250gb SSD,i have a 500GB 5400rpm hard drive in my system too but i don't really like using it for games for obvious reasons,Just apps etc.

Anyone updated their Nvidia drivers yet for GTA?

SLI and 3D Vision support
Nvidia said:
Just in time for the highly anticipated title Grand Theft Auto V, this new GeForce Game Ready driver ensures you'll have the best possible gaming experience. With support for GeForce SLI technology and one-click game setting optimizations within GeForce Experience, you'll have the best possible performance and image quality during gameplay. In addition, this driver is aligned with today's launch of the world's fastest gaming GPU; the GeForce GTX Titan X.

Some people are reporting these drivers causing issues with Battlefield Hardline though,Sure Nvidia will sort that swiftly.

EDIT - Yes for those that play BF4/Hardline i wouldn't recommend installing these drivers just yet.

Last edited:

Darren

Staff member
Well I can run it pretty much maxed out minus a few small things and get 60FPS at 1080P. Get frame dip at times but overall it runs solid. Runs better than GTA IV does on settings even lower than this.

Rockstar done good.

Renzore101

Well I can run it pretty much maxed out minus a few small things and get 60FPS at 1080P. Get frame dip at times but overall it runs solid. Runs better than GTA IV does on settings even lower than this.

Rockstar done good.

Your lucky, at the moment game is unplayable on my rig, instant crashes that are unrecoverable. I am having to manually power off my PC. It's like it's going into an infinite loop.

Darren

Staff member
Your lucky, at the moment game is unplayable on my rig, instant crashes that are unrecoverable. I am having to manually power off my PC. It's like it's going into an infinite loop.

I've got a couple friends with that issue. I think it's an issue with the Social Club launcher and it will crash. Unsure of a workaround but I would expect one within the next day or two.

tylerjrb

I always use my SSD for OS, apps and most programs. I have all my games on my 7200rpm HDD, it loads fast enough and there's got to be about 1TB of games on it.

Looking forward to GTA V when I get home at 1pm :). Hopefully it doesn't crash.

Renzore101

I've got a couple friends with that issue. I think it's an issue with the Social Club launcher and it will crash. Unsure of a workaround but I would expect one within the next day or two.
I think I found a solution. First of all I did a clean install of the newest Nvidia drivers, but most importantly, I changed my paging file size to "system managed" as I had it set to a smaller size with the Samsung Magician software (Maximum Reliability setting). I hope this does not destroy my SSD, but I am noticing that the game has yet to crash after changing this to system managed. Perhaps this early build has some issues with memory leaks?

Last edited:

Darren

Staff member
I tweaked a few settings, knocked a couple down (no noticeable visual difference) and several up a notch or two and I'm basically getting 60 FPS locked except in certain demanding situations. Haven't seen it below 45ish though. Really really impressed by that. Amazing job. I gotta try this out on my laptop now! I still drop into the 20's in FPS on GTA IV with "lower" settings. Pathetic.

I'll eventually stop fangirling, but today is not that day. I'm beyond pleased at how well this turned out.

tylerjrb

just had about an hour or so into the campaign. Got to say love it and the performance is awesome. I have everything maxed out at 4k with Anti-aliasing on 2x (not really needed for 4k) and my gpus are running at about 50-60% usage constantly. I havent seen it come down below 60fps yet. Really impressed.

Gonna try what you say aswell darren adjust settings etc, no point burning power if there isnt any visual difference.

Last edited:

WeatherMan

Just bought the game from cj's keys for £33.99, which was a mistake.

I thought it went through steam, but you have to download it through Social Club, currently downloading at 60Kb/s :mad:

Darren

Staff member
I get some situations where it will drop to 30FPS and kind of stay there for a few seconds and then jump back up to 60ish. Might be the beta drivers. I've heard performance without the beta drivers though for AMD isn't that good.

The foliage is absolutely killing my performance. Especially the bigger shrubs. As to be expected though.

Last edited:

Troncoso

VIP Member
I'm reading all over the place that this game has issues with crashing. Steam rating sure is suffering for it, too.

C4C

I'm reading all over the place that this game has issues with crashing. Steam rating sure is suffering for it, too.

Yeah my friend is having issues with his i7/GTX 770..

I know for sure my CPU will have a problem running, GPU no problem (high-max settings?)..

Darren

Staff member
I've had rock solid performance and no crashing whatsoever. It did once but it was probably my fault. I have a friend that has the launcher crashing and has yet to play it yet. I spent a good 45 mins helping him out and conceded to just have him submit a ticket to Rockstar, because I was stumped.

Also if any of you want to play online with somebody I'm most certainly down. I'm F33D ME (similar avatar to CoFo) on Steam and Denther9 on Social Club.

C4C, my 7970 is clocked at GHz Edition speeds (lower than yours) and I can max out pretty much except for some of the highest settings. Using FXAA only and no MSAA. I'm a stickler about "jaggies" and it looks good with FXAA at 1080p. My processor only runs at about 40-50 percent usage and seems to use 7 of my 8 cores, with an even distribution of the workload across them all. I actually would expect you to have pretty good performance, pretty close to mine. That extra 100MHz on your CPU speed versus mine will help a little bit and the core per core performance of our chips is pretty similar. You'll be happy. :good:

Last edited:

C4C

C4C, my 7970 is clocked at GHz Edition speeds (lower than yours) and I can max out pretty much except for some of the highest settings. Using FXAA only and no MSAA. I'm a stickler about "jaggies" and it looks good with FXAA at 1080p. My processor only runs at about 40-50 percent usage and seems to use 7 of my 8 cores, with an even distribution of the workload across them all. I actually would expect you to have pretty good performance, pretty close to mine. That extra 100MHz on your CPU speed versus mine will help a little bit and the core per core performance of our chips is pretty similar. You'll be happy. :good:

I hope so! I'm currently playing GTA IV maxed out (smoothly) with lag spikes when the world is loading initially or I'm using mods to travel 150mph :p

I won't be worried if I have to settle for high settings as the game looks stellar.. I would like to prioritize a CPU cooler purchase over GTA V though.

btw: just noticed I'm past 1k posts... you know, like 18 later :D:cool:

Edit: a few people have seen speeds of 4.5GHz on this 860K with the proper cooler and thermal paste.. I currently use Catalyst Control Center to overclock and it crashes when testing 4.3GHz so I'm stuck at 4.2 and toasty temps of 72C or so. I'll have to give my mobo a chance to OC like I did with the A8 before setting the 860K in..

Last edited: